Sound off: Commercial beer you're digging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a 4 pack of Founders double IPA last night, and a six pack of dogfish 90 min IPA. I wanted to compare how my beer is coming along in comparrison with the big guys. All I can say is wow!!! Founders IIPA is awsome! I have a lot to learn.

For an IPA, NB's Ranger isn't bad, but Sweetwater's IPA tops that list. (now if I could try a pliny or green flash...)

I'm glad to see Sweetwater get a shout out! I kind of over did it on SW a few years ago, but had their IPA about 6 months ago and remembered how good it is. Also, I'm with you on the Pliny. I almost don't want to taste it for fear of being letdown.

Just picked up a 4 pack of Founders double IPA last night, and a six pack of dogfish 90 min IPA. I wanted to compare how my beer is coming along in comparrison with the big guys. All I can say is wow!!! Founders IIPA is awsome! I have a lot to learn.

You can get a sixer of 90 min in Michigan?! Here in TX it only comes in a 4-pack! LUCKY!

I just had a bottle of La Folie that I enjoyed just as much as I did when I had it on tap!

So many fans of Sam Adams Noble Pils... weird!!! I only drank it cause it came in a Sam Adams variety pack that I bought for my Super Bowl party. It was good, but I wouldn't say I 'love' it! Maybe I missed something... If there are any left, I'm going to have to pop open another one tonight to try and figure out what I missed the first time.

Stone IPA!!! <-- I love it and want to do naughty things to it!

So many fans of Sam Adams Noble Pils... weird!!! I only drank it cause it came in a Sam Adams variety pack that I bought for my Super Bowl party. It was good, but I wouldn't say I 'love' it! Maybe I missed something... If there are any left, I'm going to have to pop open another one tonight to try and figure out what I missed the first time.

Stone IPA!!! <-- I love it and want to do naughty things to it!

I can't speak for everyone but for me it's hard to find a genuine fresh pilsner. Most of the time I'm stuck with something that was shipped halfway across the world and sat in a green bottle under neon lights for months before I happen upon it. To get a pilsner that was made recently in this country in a brown bottle is quite a treat. Is Noble Pils a great beer? IMHO, no it is not. But if you have an itch for a pilsner and find Victory's offering a bit overhopped, a fresh Noble Pils is better than a dusty green 6er of Budvar or Pilsner Urquell.

I can't speak for everyone but for me it's hard to find a genuine fresh pilsner. Most of the time I'm stuck with something that was shipped halfway across the world and sat in a green bottle under neon lights for months before I happen upon it. To get a pilsner that was made recently in this country in a brown bottle is quite a treat. Is Noble Pils a great beer? IMHO, no it is not. But if you have an itch for a pilsner and find Victory's offering a bit overhopped, a fresh Noble Pils is better than a dusty green 6er of Budvar or Pilsner Urquell.

+1,000,000

Troegs Nugget Nectar has been my recent favorite brew.

I'm also on a Belgian kick and just picked up a 4 pack of Kongingshoeven Quad. It is delicious! I've never brewed a Belgian, but this beer has me considering it

Yeah, this quad is my favorite at the moment. Really great stuff!

Flag Porter, one of my favorite porters. Picked up a few 6er's of Hopslam for the good price of $12.99, it's been my weekend beer.

Also enjoying two-hearted ale at the bar on Thursdays.

My staple right now is Westmalle Trippel.

I usually pick up a case of something (this ends up being my staple) and lots of individual and 4 packs of various local (Belgian) beers.

I am off work thursday and I am gonna take the Uly out to Brasserie de Blaugies. I'v recently read that they are supposed the have the most authentic Saison in Belgium.

Too bad I have less than 2 months left of living here. Well it's been a great 3 years even if I am a little pudgy from it.

Founders Porter, Founders Red Rye IPA, been exploring Founders lately and both are excellent. I have also been drinking Smithwicks that some one randomly gave to me, all Gunisses is over rated but it is still beer.:tank:

Founders Porter, Founders Red Rye IPA, been exploring Founders lately and both are excellent. I have also been drinking Smithwicks that some one randomly gave to me, all Gunisses is over rated but it is still beer.:tank:

I'm not a big fan of fruit beers but you have to try their Cherise cherry wheat ale before you die. And if you're ever up in Michigan I highly recommend swinging by Founders in Grand Rapids. My fiance and I did a tour of Michigan breweries this past summer and Founders was our favorite. Bells was good too (and insanely cheap), but Founders blew our minds.

Harpoon IPA

I got their seasonal case at Costco 2 weeks ago. I am not an IPA person but I loved this one (had in the past also). I loved it so much I am thinking of brewing a clone. It is not as bitter as other IPA's I've tried, it just right.

I am also digging Cigar City Oatmeal Maduro Brown ale, Blue Point Blueberry ale.

Drinking a Real Ale Full Moon Rye Ale at the moment...

Not overly hoppy, just right... only real good rye beer I've had.

I got their seasonal case at Costco 2 weeks ago. I am not an IPA person but I loved this one (had in the past also). I loved it so much I am thinking of brewing a clone. It is not as bitter as other IPA's I've tried, it just right.

I am also digging Cigar City Oatmeal Maduro Brown ale, Blue Point Blueberry ale.

That's because Harpoon IPA predates the hops cold war that American craft beers have been engaged in over the past decade. That's what an IPA used to be. And it was pretty hoppy compared to its peers when it first came out.

Back