So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying out the Dark Mild recipe in the latest BYO, been salivating over the picture for a couple weeks now.

Finally brewing tomorrow. I've been, "overcome by events" for the last two months. A rye IPA. Of course, I'll hafta get up an hour earlier due to, "spring ahead". When will they stop this BS?

Taking the week off. Will be brewing a Flanders red Monday, then a Chinook IPA Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mashed in about 45 minutes ago. First time brewing Yooper's Oatmeal Stout.....looking good so far!

EDIT: Hit my volumes, missed my pre-boil SG by 4 points (low.) Close enough for me, looks and smells great on the boil!

Rich

Last edited:
I stopped by AHS this weekend, on my trip to Austin, and bought their Wild Card allgrain kit. I'm going to try and brew it today, but I need to bottle first.

Reaper's Mild with a dash of Brown malt, EKG, and 1098.

Rough start this morning.
Had difficulty with my mash temp. First going high, then over-correcting low and finally back up to about right.
Did get higher efficiency than I planned, so I had to sub in some cascade for more bittering.
Cooled and pitched.

I started brewing a month ago - full all grain. Brewed three batches prior to today. Today i brewed a 2.5 year old Caribou Slobber Extract Kit w/ Specialty Grains (that came with some used stuff I bought off Craigslist). I re-used some yeast (05) from my last brew batch. I wonder how the old kit will turn out - I know I probably should have just pitched it but the extract process seemed so easy - thought I would give it a shot.

40 min into the boil of another NE style IPA with ctz to bitter and late boil additions of galaxy and a 4oz mosaic hop stand and then it s getting a 4oz mosaic dry hop, using my first go with London 3 yeast. Looking forward to this one.

Maibock on deck for tomorrow morning. Everything is ready to go for whenever I get up. Pumped to try out Brulosopher's quick lagering method.

I plan on brewing a red rye IPA either Friday or Saturday night. It was going to be a DIPA, but with all the troubles so much trub is giving me using that much grain (I use the Mr. Beer LBK as a FV, remember) I might just drop this down to a nice 6-6.5% beer instead. I dunno, still deciding.

I plan on brewing a red rye IPA either Friday or Saturday night. It was going to be a DIPA, but with all the troubles so much trub is giving me using that much grain (I use the Mr. Beer LBK as a FV, remember) I might just drop this down to a nice 6-6.5% beer instead. I dunno, still deciding.

It's getting close to the time of year where I'll be moving to night brews. I already work night shift and am used to the hours. Much cooler, and there's something special about wrapping up a brew night with a cool sunrise.

Picked up supplies to brew two batches this weekend.

Another Bee Cave Hefeweizen (the last batch lasted two weeks before it was gone), and a base wheat beer that I'll split after primary and add different fruits and such to each.

I'll be bottling a gallon batch of ginger beer this weekend, I believe.
Once that is out of the carboy, I'll be filling it with hard root beer.
I have a batch of white grape cherry wine that is going to be half-
fermented this weekend; I'll probably add a cup or two of simple
syrup to that to up the ABV.

I also have an experiment going on right now...two cups worth of
mead. If that finishes this weekend, I'll be putting on a few cups of
coffee wine...maybe a pumpkin spice flavor to put away for the
fall.

Brewing a Belgian Blonde with Dry Belgian Ale yeast from Yeast Bay.

Haven't used it before, quite excited.

Need to get an English Brown Porter brewed to stay on schedule; hoping to get a half-batch variant wheat wine brewed over the course of 2-3 evenings next week, once my Northern Brewer order arrives.

Kegging a Maibock and brewing a Vienna lager inspired by Bluepoint Toasted Lager using some of the yeast cake from the Maibock.

Planning on getting my first brew session in this weekend, an American Light extract kit. I currently have 2 gal of JAOM that has been in the primary for 6 weeks, cleared up rather nicely.

Doing a 2.5 gallon Belgian Single tomorrow with Ardennes that will be a starter batch for a larger Belgian IPA with some local honey. :rockin:

I'm brewing an irish red ale from Brewing Classic Styles tomorrow. I'm brewing with my girlfriend and my friend and we're also making tacos for lunch, can't wait for tomorrow!

Scottish 70 Schilling tomorrow morning.

2 others buds brewed the same last weekend.
One with Maris Otter, the other with Halcyon.
Mine will be with Golden Promise.
Same yeast (WLP028) and same hops.

Gathering in early May to compare brews.
Should be cool to see the difference between the base malts and brewing styles.

Kegging up a Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby tomorrow.

If it's not too windy or cold, we hope to do a 5G AG Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on Sunday for our Spring Brew. Technically the equinox is a half hour before midnight here on Saturday, but WTH...We've got a kegging system on the way so gotta build a pipeline!!!

Just finished mashing in for a Hoegaarden clone, second batch on my new eherms system. Hope to hit my numbers better this time, extra volumes throwing me off a bit.

Back