So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing a Flying Dog Raging B*tich clone on Sunday and that recipe uses Columbus and Amarillo for the hop additions. What yeast are you using for your IPA?

The RB clone is a Belgian IPA so I'm using Mangrove Jack M27 yeast on mine.

I'm hoping it comes out tasting something remotely resembling the original with a good hop bite and that "belgian-y" yeast flavor.

Wy1450 - Dennys favourite. First time using that as well. Mines 1 of my own recipes, the grist of a British IPA but not as much crystal with the hop schedule of an American IPA. Used the same about a month ago and the flavour was great. Just upped the hop schedule on this one as this is a beer for my fridge and I know I'll enjoy it. Ive picked the wrong year to decide to get on top of my hoppy beers but such is life.

M27 is a great strain. Used it a few times and always impressed. Very resilient to any abuse you give it. Happy brewing

I'm brewing an APA. I did one in the fall with a mix of light munich and 2-row with cascade hops. This time I'm increasing the munich percentage, adding just a little C-80, and using chinook to bitter and centennial for the late additions. More malty, more hoppy...should work out.

Just finished brewing an oaked mild. Inspired by Palmer's "Belladonna Took's Oaked Mild". Second time, first one was great. Just a few days on some French oak chips.

Going to be brewing a British Brown Ale Friday evening. Using Thames Valley ll 1882 for the first time. Was torn between that and 1026 Cask Ale. Good news is I bought both so I'll just have to brew more to compare the two! [emoji482]

Blue corn saison using a cereal mash. Might do it Thursday night, or at least the mash.

Jalapeño Cream ale, recipe from right here on HBT.
Any advice regarding how many peppers?
I'm thinking 6 sliced and roasted in the boil and 6 sliced, roasted and soaked in vodka for 3 or 4 days after primary fermentation

Unless stuff goes sideways on the Saturday racecar build day, doing my first double brew in my manual eBIAB basement brewery Sunday. This is the biggest negative to going single vessel...double brew means double time instead of 1-2 hours more.

Doing 5 gallons of the well-respected Wookey Jack all-grain clone on a new Grainfather/Chronical BME set-up on Sunday. Have to remember to get a starter going tomorrow night.

I'll be milling for a double brew tomorrow night for a Saturday morning early start at daybreak. Brewing up a SA Summer ale and a gaarden hoe.

Tomorrow I will be brewing up a batch of Moonless Tropical Night. This is a Foreign Extra Stout recipe by Jamil Zainasheff that was in the September 2007 issue of BYO magazine (I got it from the website). This supposed to be a tropical version of an FES.

I modified the recipe a little by replacing the 12.5 lbs of English 2-Row with 10 lbs of Canadian 2-Row, 2 lbs of Munich and 0.5 lbs of Biscuit.

I will be pitching Nottingham slurry I took from the primary fermenter after bottling a batch of Orfy's Hobgoblin Clone (ii) last night. (That batch used slurry from a batch of blonde ale)

I'd like to tell you that I modified the grain bill and will reuse yeast in the spirit of experimentation but the truth is I will save $10CDN with these "hacks". This combined with a $10 discount offered by my LHBS dropped the price of the batch from $52 to $32. (Members of my LHBS's mailing list get emailed coupon codes every now and then.)

I have an all grain batch of Blonde Ale in the BK right now. I am following the recipe in the latest issue of BYO. So far it looks and smells good.

I'm bottling Black IPA, Maple Porter and Oatmeal Stout tomorrow. As soon as the equipment is clean and sanitized I'll start on another batch of Maple Porter with some fresh Maple Syrup from a local Sugar House in Central MA and a Black Lager.

Beautiful Saturday morning. Fresh pot of coffee with frost on the grass. I'm in the middle of the first mash. Doing a Gaarden Hoe first, then will be following up with a Samuel Adams Summer Ale. The fresh ground coriander and orange peel is making the brew house smell lovely.

Happy brewing everyone.

Homebrew Sunday is going to be a DIPA using apollo, citra, and "farmhouse blend" hops. 7.5 oz for a 3 gallon batch. US-05 yeast.

Today I'm bottling 3 gallons of my first attempt at a Barleywine. I think I'll go easier on the chocolate malt next time, but so far this batch still looks and tastes promising. 1.085 down to .012 in 2 weeks with US05 4th generation yeast. The last two beers I reused this cake from had a hard time carbing up the bottles so I think from now on I'm going to only reuse yeast about 2 times before buying some more. Low and under carbed bottles are no fun.

After I'm done bottling it's over to AiH to get the grains for tomorrow's brew day.

I haven't left work after nights shift yet. So I will not be brewing

I feel your pain on night shift buddy. I was off last night, but not without having to avoid being called into work.

Happy brewing when you get there!

Might be able to squeeze a batch of something in tomorrow. Not sure what, and I'm not sure I can get to the brew shop, so whatever it is, it'll have to be done with what's already in the pantry/freezer.

Im gonna brew in a couple hours. Still no idea what I'm doing. Only have Perle hops I think. Thinking I'll do a random black lager of some sort. Don't have the ingredients to do a proper schwarzbier so might just play around with one of my porter recipes on lager yeast and noble hops.

Might be able to squeeze a batch of something in tomorrow. Not sure what, and I'm not sure I can get to the brew shop, so whatever it is, it'll have to be done with what's already in the pantry/freezer.
Turns out that something looks a lot like vanilla porter.

Brewed 3 batches today with my oldest daughter. Mashed for an 11 gallon batch and split the wort evenly. One became my first attempt at a Revolution Fist City clone, the other became one of my pale ales - Across the Galaxy (2 oz of Galaxy at FO). While finishing one of the boils, doughed in for an oatmeal stout so it could mash while we finished up the previous boil.

Started at 7:30, and was finished by 1:30, except for pitching the yeast, which I just did. Got the recipes made last night, weighed out grains and crushed also. The rest was today. First mash was a half our, two of the boils were half our, and one was 45 minutes. Also used hot water from the tap so that heating time was cut down. I've done this a lot with no ill effects. (I have a gas HWH; don't think i would do this with an electric one.)

This is the first time I have had 3 fermenters going at the same time in a couple years, so I am stoked! :mug:

Mashing right now went 8lb pils 2 Munich 12pZ pale chic and 8 biscuit. Hope is ok. Curious to see what this bill is like as lager

Brewed 3 batches today with my oldest daughter. Mashed for an 11 gallon batch and split the wort evenly. One became my first attempt at a Revolution Fist City clone, the other became one of my pale ales - Across the Galaxy (2 oz of Galaxy at FO). While finishing one of the boils, doughed in for an oatmeal stout so it could mash while we finished up the previous boil.

Started at 7:30, and was finished by 1:30, except for pitching the yeast, which I just did. Got the recipes made last night, weighed out grains and crushed also. The rest was today. First mash was a half our, two of the boils were half our, and one was 45 minutes. Also used hot water from the tap so that heating time was cut down. I've done this a lot with no ill effects. (I have a gas HWH; don't think i would do this with an electric one.)

This is the first time I have had 3 fermenters going at the same time in a couple years, so I am stoked! :mug:

That's impressive! First to get a kid, much less a daughter, involved. But only 6hrs for 3 brews? That's a 12hr day for me. How long to drink it all??😉

Just finished kegging my wicked Citra Wheat. But next weekend I hope to be brewing my first batch on my new Grainfather if it gets here and also the grains and hops for my Fall Down Brown. :rockin:

That's impressive! First to get a kid, much less a daughter, involved. But only 6hrs for 3 brews? That's a 12hr day for me. How long to drink it all??😉

Well she is 24, and I converted her into a craft beer drinker over the past couple of years. The only bad thing is, now she expects half of it! She lives in Pittsburgh and is leaving to go back tomorrow, but by the time she makes an appearance here again in April, it should be kegged and ready to go.

I drink 1-2 beers a day during the week, and a few more on weekends, so it doesn't go too quickly since it is mostly me drinking it. That and I usually have 4 kegs going at once.

And for the time - like I mentioned, I had the grain ready the night before. And half hour mashes and boils help keep the time down too. I don't do this all the time, but I haven't noticed any difference in a 60 or a 30 minute boil, so for multiple brews in a day, I usually do it.

Just mopped up from a triple back to back brew day about a hour ago. My tail is dragging, but it was a great day. Gaarden hoe, pale ale and a summer ale.

On a added note, the experimental hbc hops from Northern brewer smells absolutely splendid. Hope it taste as good as it smells.

They look nasty in the pictures. Just flowed some 02 in and pitched the yeast when the pic was taken.

View attachment 1457228777450.jpg

Brewing a simple pale ale tomorrow. Simcoe, Citra and another hop but I have decided what yet.

Back