So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is one of the beer gods...

Excuse me ma' dear.... are you suggesting you wouldn't taste the difference? If you made two big IPAs, one with honey and one with table sugar, you don't think you could taste the difference?

Crazy talk.

Pure poppycock

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Brewing a Flanders Red tomorrow. Planning to rack in 4-6 weeks or so and use the cake to brew a bigger batch of the same with a buddy.

Brewing a pumpkin ale tomorrow with a NC mountain grown sugar pumpkin. Carmelizing the pumpkin tonight in the oven to be ready for tomorrows mash-in. Planning for a full day of brewing this AG batch with the sparge issues I know I am in for.
:)

Now which to use..Windsor or Nottingham for this batch...decisions..

I'm going to start my education in hops varieties by brewing some SMSH batches.

Probably lead into testing different yeasts in the near future.

I'll be wiping my eyes as I dump 20 gallons of infect. Then I'll be avoiding all libations as I completely tear my gear down, clean and sterilize, and proceed with a double brew day, 10g split between 3711 and Saf Abbey, and 10g split between Notty and White Labs Funk Town.

Please find the source of these infections!!!

Just hit a rolling boil on a Christmas Ale I am working on. :mug:

ChristmasAleBoil.jpg

got a late start...but meh...sparging my hubbard squash beer now.
doing a 12 gal batch...half with wlp500 and the other half with roeselare

About to brew up 1 gallon of my Punk Pumpkin ale (will have my Brewpunk playlist going). The grain bill is based on BBS bruxelles blonde: 1 can libbys pumpkin, 1.75 lb German pilsner, 7 oz carapils, 1.5 oz aromatic, hopped with styrian goldings, pumpkin pie spice and allspice added to the kettle, and topped off with WLP550. can't wait

Just finished cleaning up and getting everything put awsy. Brewed 5 gal of Weizenbier. When I mive it to the secondary I will rack it onto blackberry puree.

Just knocked out 11 gallons of the on going attempt at dialing in a perfect house pale. All CTZ additions, with a dry hop of CTZ and galaxy.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

First BAIB today (I normally batch sparge but I've been curious). I'm not sure if it was any quicker but it was my first time managing the new process. I managed to get to 70 percent efficiency and held temps okay (+/- 2 or 3 degrees over a 90 minute mash). Not having to clean out the mash tun sure was nice. I'll call it a decent first try.

Oh, the beer was an American Style Wheat with a big Nelson addition at flameout. It's cooling to pitching temps in the fermentation chamber now so I guess I'm not technically done brew day. Close enough.

Just knocked out 11 gallons of the on going attempt at dialing in a perfect house pale. All CTZ additions, with a dry hop of CTZ and galaxy.

I'm doing almost the same thing next week...I always thought that Columbus gives off a pretty "dank" (if ya catch my drift) aroma and flavor. Anyway, my wife wants a great house pale ale, so I started doing some thinking, I already have a great pale ale grain bill and recently decided the same thing you did. A pale ale with all Columbus and dry hopped with Columbus and centennial. My wife's dad loved Joplin and named my wife after her. So I'm naming it Kozmic Blues. Should be awesome!

Oh, as for what I brewed last weekend...

I FINALLY brewed my rye saison. Been way too busy with work, and haven't brewed in several months. Im finally done with the training that was taking up all my time and now I can go from having NO time to brew, to now just having BARELY any time to brew. haha.

Cheers

I just bought the ingredients for a BIAB version of the Kona Big Wave Golden Ale recipe. I plan on bottling my ESB Saturday to free up a fermenter and brewing on Sunday. I might slip in another gallon batch of a simple cider while I'm at it.

I just saw the front page article about Apflewein and have been hearing about it a lot. It seems really easy, maybe I will try doing one of those.

Doing a 12 gallon BIAB batch of Deception Cream Stout with my father-in-law Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back