So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is going to rain here in the east. I won't be able to ride. So I am going to do two brews. A pumpkin cream ale, and an oatmeal cookie stout.:mug:

I started drinking one I was bottle carbing when this Bell's Palsy hit me. Watermelon's fading by now though. Damn. Still got some dampfbier around as well. Will drink those starting tomorrow.

I'll be brewing, either Friday or Sunday. I'll be brewing a batch of all-New Zealand hop IPA.. First time I'll be using Motueka and Green Bullet.

Brewing yet another batch of Hefe on Saturday.

Let's be Hefe buddies, I'm doing the same on Saturday. :mug:

Got the WLP300 starter going right now, gotta pick up the wheat and pilsner malts, some hallertau mittelfruh, and a few random supplies at the LHBS on the way home from work today. Can't wait to get back to brewing!

I brewed the BYO Double Sunshine IPA clone last night. It went well...11.25 oz of hops, mostly Citra, into the boil and hopstand. It was a lot of work. I think I'm getting too old for this.

Hoping I can get the ESB going this weekend. Son passed his driving test a little while ago & was helping me make a template for a rear bumper cover bracket on my tuner. Gotta get that done to cut the bracket out of 1/16" angle steel & still find time for a brew day. I'd love to get both done this weekend...:tank::rockin:

Let's be Hefe buddies, I'm doing the same on Saturday. :mug:

Got the WLP300 starter going right now, gotta pick up the wheat and pilsner malts, some hallertau mittelfruh, and a few random supplies at the LHBS on the way home from work today. Can't wait to get back to brewing!

All my supplies have also been purchased, I'm using 9.5 # of wheat, 9.5 # of Two Row, 3# Crystal 10L, 2oz Hallertau Hersbrucker, and Safbrew WB-06.

30 minute protein rest at 122f and then Sacc rest at 150f until iodine test says its done.

I've tried both WLP300 - which I really like but can be a little strong on the banana and clove, and WLP320 which was my least favorite because its too clean and non-distinct. I found the WB-06 is a great compromise, not too much banana but not too boring either.

I'll be brewing another batch in two weeks when this one comes out of the fermenter, but I'll be cleaning all the frozen berries out of the freezer and putting them in that batch... :tank:

The fun starts around 10a PST this Saturday!!

IMG_1635.jpg

Happy brewing!!!

I'm brewing a couple of 4 gal batches Sunday.
- IPA with Citra, and some honey to boost %... should end up around 7.5%. Will be my first time using citra hops. Very excited. I've brewed this same recipe with Colombus and also with Galaxy. Galaxy was fantastic.
- APA with Cascade and Amarillo... second time brewing same recipe.

But more exciting is that I'll be cracking a bottle of a RIS that has been bottled for two months... I know I have to wait even longer but I just can't wait to start sampling and taste the progression.

I am planning on doing my first all grain batch this weekend (maybe Monday), a oatmeal cream stout.

I got my Mash tun parts in today! Before I brew I have a couple of projects to complete, install ball valve into kettle, install ball valve and screen into mash tun, and finally get my immersion chiller built.

It's gonna be a busy weekend!

I just put the starter on the stir plate and got the bar spinning. 14lbs 2 row, 1 lb of 20L Crystal, 3 oz of Centennial, 2 oz of Magnum, and 2oz of Citra for dry hopping, 1056 yeast. Enough to give it a kick without being overwhelming.

In the meantime, I have no homebrew at all. I'm going to start pipelining this again, maybe bottling every other batch since I only have 1 keg, and really only room for 1 keg or my fermentors in the fridge.

This will be my first time making this recipe with temp control. It has always come out good anyway, but this time it should just be perfect.

Brewing a Kölsch tomorrow AM. I need something light, yellow, and fizzy as and alternative next to the Bourbon Barrel Porter, Weizenbock, Oktoberfest, and Imperial Red Ale.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just finished brewing my Birthday Suit ESB tonight. This will be my second time making this recipe. My OG numbers where a bit lower than I anticipated but still within my tolerances. Should be ready just in time for my 31st birthday (hence the name of the brew).

Cheers!

Vanilla Porter tomorrow morning... hopefully.

I need to bottle today to free up a carboy.

Darth Muerto Black IPA V2.0
Looking forward to it.

I wish it would cool off soon. Nearly 100 on the patio and with the burner going...

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

Just finished up a Maris Otter smash series using Citra (control batch), El Dorado, Mandarin Bavaria, Huell Melon, Galaxy, and Meridian. Mashed up 32 liters of 1.038 sg wort and divided it up into six 5.3 liter batches. Boiled each for 40 minutes with equal IBU additions at 30 min, 15 min, 5 min, and then a proportional amount at flame out with a 20 minute steep before chilling. Four liters of each transferred into fermentors and waiting to equilibrate in the fermentation chamber before yeast addition.

Tomorrow, I'm lining up a Scottish Heavy for the morning.

You really gotta love to brew to put up with this crap, in October even!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412460885.345042.jpg

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

I just bought the ingredients for a BIAB version of the Kona Big Wave Golden Ale recipe. I plan on bottling my ESB Saturday to free up a fermenter and brewing on Sunday. I might slip in another gallon batch of a simple cider while I'm at it.

I would be very interested in your recipe, because this is one of my favorite brew's right now!

Back