So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helping my brother with a pale ale this am (his 1st AG!) and he will help me tomorrow with an ESB ( my first brew in 6 weeks). I'm trying a brewers yeast from the Czech Republic I got from the owner of my LHBS. He says it's a beast and tastes extra smooth in the 4 styles he's used it in.View attachment 224958

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's yeast? Don't pitch it after midnight, and never get it wet.

Made a Pale Blonde Ale yesterday and digging out my Pumpkin Porter recipe for next weekend. Time to get back in the game!

Our Supporters Group is having our first brew day and we are doing it on the pilot system of one of our local brewers. It will be a Pumpkin Spice Porter. Very excited for this!

10 years into this hobby and for the first time ever, I will be brewing a SMaSH this weekend.

All Marris Otter and EKG. Shooting for about 1.039. 30 IBUs. Should make a nice little English pale ale.

Local hb shop/brewery doing an onsite "big brew" this weekend with a pumpkin porter recipe at half price. I have a Scottish pumpkin ale in secondary, so I may just buy the recipe, minus the pumpkin related stuff and make a porter...but I need to free up a fermentation container, so I won't brew there. I also need to pick some hops at a friend's house in the next few days...Cascade. Might try to knock out a Wet Hop SMaSH American Wheat with them? Gotta check priorities, container availability, budget, etc. I want to do the porter first, but fresh hops...hmmm.

Got high hopes this weekend. Going to try and get 2 done.

1. Private Rye Undercover Brown Ale
2. Caribou Slobber Brown Extract Kit

Both NB extract kits...here's to wishful thinking,!!!!

Gonna give a shot at making an imperial IPA... Using 1 lb of honey to bump up the Abv...any better suggestions.? Using mosaic, warrior, simcoe, centennial & cascade... Crystal 20/40/60 and Munich, as well as pale extract...

I will be brewing 5 gallons of a Dry Irish Stout and smoking a rack of ribs in the 80 degree sunshine! Summer will stage a brief return to Minnesota this weekend.

All grain moose Drool clone at some point this weekend. Also need to get the cider going this weekend. Just got 5G of fresh orchard cider for it this week.

Gonna give a shot at making an imperial IPA... Using 1 lb of honey to bump up the Abv...any better suggestions.? Using mosaic, warrior, simcoe, centennial & cascade... Crystal 20/40/60 and Munich, as well as pale extract...

Save yourself some money and use table sugar instead of honey. It does the exact same thing for 1/10th the price.

I like your hops! That's a good line up.

Drop all that crystal. Half pound of 40 and you'll be good to go. Unless you like a sweet backbone to your IIPA. Personally, I like 'em dry and overhopped.

Tasunka don't play when it comes to first brews.

LOL - thanks, 2d2.... My original plan for my very first brew was to go with their Grapefruit Honey Ale that my wife got for me for my birthday:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/brooklyn-brew-shops-grapefruit-honey-ale-tips-advice-492281/

But when I was looking it over this week, I saw that the yeast had expired. They are sending a new yeast packet to me, but in the meantime the Chocolate Maple Porter is arriving today, and winter is coming (even sooner here in North Montana), so I figured, why not?

I've started a thread about this project here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/brooklyn-brew-shops-chocolate-maple-porter-tips-advice-492568/

I'll use it for discussion and as a chronicle of the brew, hopefully with photos etc. If anyone has any tips, advice or other commetns, please feel free to jump right in and reply on the thread.

Done with the two Mr Beer kits that came with the LBK gift, so I will be brewing what is essentially my first 5 gallon batch Saturday! I'm doing the Quaffable Irish Red recipe from the recipe section! Wish me luck!

I'll be brewing this weekend.. showing a friend how an all-grain batch goes. We'll be brewing a Guinness clone, the recipe for which I found on HBT.

Honey and table sugar are not the same thing and while they both contain a large percentage of sugars that'll ferment completely out, they will absolutely taste differently as an adjunct to a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

While I wait for my first Lager to lager I think I'll play around with some ginger beer. One of the best drink I have had in a long time was a Moscow Mule on tap! The vodka was already mixed in and carbonated. Going to try a one gallon batch and then 5 if it turns out well.

Putting down a Cascade SMaSH this weekend. This will be the first beer I ferment in my chest freezer, along with the first beer I put down into a Keg.

Can't wait!

While I wait for my first Lager to lager I think I'll play around with some ginger beer. One of the best drink I have had in a long time was a Moscow Mule on tap! The vodka was already mixed in and carbonated. Going to try a one gallon batch and then 5 if it turns out well.

You have to get the copper cup to have a real moscow mule. It just doesnt taste the same without it.

Honey and table sugar are not the same thing and while they both contain a large percentage of sugars that'll ferment completely out, they will absolutely taste differently as an adjunct to a beer.

Not gonna argue that point. You're absolutely right....in a smaller beer. But you're telling me that you can spot the difference between .5 or 1 lb of table sugar vs. honey in an IIPA? That's impressive.

I'm gonna try brewing Nutcastle from Brewing Classic Styles this Sunday. Just picked up my grain from the LHBS today!

Not gonna argue that point. You're absolutely right....in a smaller beer. But you're telling me that you can spot the difference between .5 or 1 lb of table sugar vs. honey in an IIPA? That's impressive.

Absolutely... And I am pretty positive most people would.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Back