So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This + this + a Great sunday !

Cheers :mug:

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

^sounds good!

Just finished a little 2.5 gallon batch of American Wheat with Apollo for bittering, Sorachi Ace late for aroma/flavor, and juice and zest from four oranges. Nailed a 1.048 OG, should be a nice late spring, early summer beer. The goal is for the Ms. to like it!

Wish I could try it!

Green mountain high!

It's springtime! Time to get wheaty and witty. I made a bastardized version of my last wit yesterday. My last jar of 3944 was older than I was willing to chance, so I tossed it and used an alt beer yeast instead. I also didn't have any coriander. So I may just have a wheat beer.

Just to have fun, I kept the OG low because I want to add a couple cups of orangecella that I made to the secondary. That orangecella is pure sugar, alcohol and in your face orange zest. The sugar will get eaten up but hopefully it leaves a better orange flavor than that lousy, shivelled up bitter orange stuff.

Did a Serra Nevada Pale Ale clone today. This makes six batches since March 15th, after not brewing for about six months. One of them racked to keg, five still in primaries.

I may try my first all grain brew tomorrow...Brew in a Bag pale ale recipe. If the weather is okay here and the kids aren't under foot. Forecast looks like it may have to be 2 pm start. I may put it off. Harder to do it during the week, though...SWMBO gets cranky if I'm not getting other things done during the week.

Update: Well, the weather sucked all day Sunday...wet and lots of wind. Not a good combo for brewing. Today was beautiful...but too much else going on. We'll see if I feel like trying to do it tomorrow. After that, the opportunities aren't there for a couple of weeks. Kids' sports practices starting up, birthdays, school, yadda yadda.

I'll be brewing ten gallons of IPA with some Conan yeast that I harvested from a few Heady Toppers and ten gallons of an experimental Rauchbier. Should be a good weekend.

Doing my first all-grain this weekend. Keeping it simple. Goal is to make a clean hoppy Amber for a buddy of mine. Throwing in some Belgian Special B.

So...not the weekend, but it was a beautiful day and my best chance to brew for the next few weeks. So I did my first BIAB all grain brew, a pale ale with 3 kinds of hops. Seems to have gone smoothly and numbers are right on.

IMAG2849.jpg

I need to plan on a brew this weekend. To celebrate the tile being laid in the back bathroom and to feel better about starting the tile in the laundry room.

Too many beers to pick from, but I'm leaning towards an Oberon Clone. I know a LOT of people who love Oberon and I'm curious to see how my clone would work out.

Brewing this weekend!!! Already got the ingredients for a Maple Nut Brown, as well as 2 one gallon stir & dump juice wines: Strawberry-banana, white grape-cherry

Also bottling Dragons Blood, and drinking my Hefeweizen that should be carbed up by now.

Will be making a SMaSH, using either Goldings or Fuggle. Will also be harvesting yeast from some Pranqster bottles for a Belgian that I'll brew next weekend.

"I will make it felony to drink small beer. "

Will be brewing my 4th batch, NB Rebel Rye. I am really enjoying this hobby, can't believe I have been a drinker for so long, but never a brewer!:mug:

If the stars and moon stay in alignment (and after going though the checklist I haven't missed anything major) I'll be brewing my first AG batch this weekend. Northern Brewer's Chinook IPA recipe.

Will be brewing my 4th batch, NB Rebel Rye. I am really enjoying this hobby, can't believe I have been a drinker for so long, but never a brewer!:mug:

Welcome to HomeBrewTalk. Good luck with your brew session this weekend. I remember having the same thoughts when I finally started brewing a couple of years ago. Wish I would've started sooner.

Cheers!

I'm going out at lunch to buy the ingredients for an APA.

Yes!! Thats what I did on Monday. The only downside of stopping by LHBS in the middle of a work day is I can't sample either of the latest batches they have on draft at the store :-(

Brewed a fat tire clone last week that does not taste like fat tire at all up to this point. Boo. Brewing the succulent strawberry blonde on the recipe database on Sat with the father in law. Trying to get him into the hobby.

Brewing 2 of my summer beers this weekend - a Kolsch and an Altbier. I'm growing up a single Kolsch yeast starter to split between both batches (5 gallons each). I started it on Monday and I'll be taking it off the stir plate tonight to crash until I pitch it Sunday night.

2 gallon biab Blackberry Red Ale. Berries are ready to be picked Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just finished making my mash tun yesterday evening. I found the instructions on HBT.

Going to do my first all grain this Saturday, an English Brown Ale. I found the recipe on HBT.

What a wonderful website.

Planned on making a gluten free stout this weekend, but dropped the ball getting a grain mill. Two restaurant supply stores within a half mile of my work and neither of them have a corona mill in stock. Might try the food processor, but I don't want to burn out the motor on it.

Holy crap that weekend showed up quick. So I've got to do something beer related, reserves are running low. I have a gravity reading to do tonight or tomorrow, perhaps a batch or 2 for bottling.

Then brewing, perhaps finally get that Hobgoblin clone going. I don't have a single red or amber left in the condo. Then again I don't have black left either. Guess I'm going dark next weekend.

I brewed 5 gallons of brown ale and 5 gallons of a brett saison using wlp670 on Tuesday. This weekend I am going to brew a batch of my house all citra hoppy wheat session beer and split the batch between Conan and WLP644 Brett.

I'd be interested in that hoppy citra wheat recipe!

Bottling widow maker black ale clone tomorrow after soccer then brewing C3C onto the cake. Then planning on brewing an ESB Sunday after church.

The pipeline ended 2 days ago and felt bad paying $7 for a 12 of PBR.

Back