So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed my Duck Blind Wheat yesterday, the first beer I designed myself (well with the help of beersmith) and I am brewing (mashing as I type) Surf Scoter Scotch Ale today which is a slightly modified scotch ale recipe I found on this site.

So I just finished a honey nut brown english ale. The yeast was sketchy though. It was separated and looked almost curdled. Didn't fizz when I opened it. Will it still ferment, or will I need to buy another after christmas?

Thanks for your help with the cider.

I have another question regarding the brewferm mini kegging system if anyone has used it before. Essentially I have kegged my beer as per the instructions. But it's using the gas that I'm struggling with, is there a specific way to do it? I have a nitrogen bulb in and not sure if I have done it correctly.

So I just finished a honey nut brown english ale. The yeast was sketchy though. It was separated and looked almost curdled. Didn't fizz when I opened it. Will it still ferment, or will I need to buy another after christmas?

English yeast is very flocculant and that is very common. I am sure that all is well, when I use English yeast it always does that. So long as it doesn't look dark like peanut butter you should be good.

Fresh Frankenstein IPA on Saturday. If possible, i may also make a saison Tuesday.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Helping a friend brew a Brooklyn Brew shop Chestnut Brown Ale kit that he received for Xmas.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

I am hoping to knock out a batch of my breakfast stout with a tweaked recipe, a black ipa (tweaked El Jeffe recipe from the IPA Book), and maybe one more batch.

I'm brewing a SN Bigfoot inspired barleywine. I'm changing it up a little with the base malts. Adding some munich to the base grains and adding a dash of chocolate malt. I'm shooting for higher gravity as well(1.120).

Mashing in a batch of Blonde Bombshell ale. Something easy drinking for the curious keezer onlookers to have during the superbowl party. Will boil the wort tomorrow.

Mashing in a batch of Blonde Bombshell ale. Something easy drinking for the curious keezer onlookers to have during the superbowl party. Will boil the wort tomorrow.

Any reason you are mashing overnight? Are you worried about it getting a little sour or is that the idea?

I think ill have to try the BIAB and Saison my wife got me for xmas. Had to get the farmhouse yeast to make it taste even better. Pretty excited, i wont lie.

Any reason you are mashing overnight? Are you worried about it getting a little sour or is that the idea?

Finished the mash and sparge around midnight then set the kettle outside in the 28 degree weather. It was cool but not frozen when I got to it this morning. Not expecting any sour from that. Basically just to save on some time today. It's boiling now and smells fantastic.

Finished the mash and sparge around midnight then set the kettle outside in the 28 degree weather. It was cool but not frozen when I got to it this morning. Not expecting any sour from that. Basically just to save on some time today. It's boiling now and smells fantastic.

Ah alright, i thought you meant you were letting the mash sit overnight.

Just mashed in on a batch of EPA. 95lb grain bill and my biggest to date :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388257709.210017.jpg

Brewed my first batch yesterday after almost a year away, and after moving to Buffalo this fall. Ditched the cheap-o Mr. Beer equipment for real brewing gear. Made a 2 gallon batch of partial grain Imperial Black IPA that is merrily bubbling away. I'm considering adding bourbon soaked oak chips to the secondary, but it will depend on how the beer tastes after primary is through.

One potential problem, though: I packed my kitchen sink with snow to cool off the wort (thinking I was really clever - it's cold, free, and everywhere!), but about a tablespoon's worth dropped into the fermenter with the wort. Since the chance of contamination is pretty high, I'll taste the beer after primary is done before deciding to continue.

I hope I get lucky. It tasted pretty good going into the bucket.

Helped a friend brew a Brooklyn Brew shop 1 gallon Everyday IPA that he received for Xmas. Turned out it was an all grain kit, which I have never done before. Seems to have turned out ok. BTW, the so called sanitizer that comes with those kits is really brewery wash type stuff. Hope we didn't infect the wort.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Finishing my 2nd Sour for the year right now. This one will get racked onto Black Cherries in about a month and join it's brother that has been sitting on Pomegranate-Infused Cranberries for a month.

Tomorrow I brew my first DIPA. Should hit about 8.5% ABV. All CTZ hops, nice and bitter grapefruit.

I need help with a yellow dog pale ale any advice is appreciated

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Home Brew mobile app

Back