So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first post just found you guys after years of brewing all on my own.

Sunday evening will be a new all grain batch of a fat tire clone I have been perfecting. This batch i'm making a slight change to the post boil hops and i'm hoping that dials it in. Im also going to be teaching a cousin how to brew he's been begging me to invite him to a brew for some time so should be a good evening.

My first post just found you guys after years of brewing all on my own.

Sunday evening will be a new all grain batch of a fat tire clone I have been perfecting. This batch i'm making a slight change to the post boil hops and i'm hoping that dials it in. Im also going to be teaching a cousin how to brew he's been begging me to invite him to a brew for some time so should be a good evening.

Welcome aboard. It's about time. :p

My son is home for the Holidays, and today we brew Northern Brewer's Sierra Madre pale ale.

Update: Successful brew session thanks to my son's help!

We have fermentation liftoff

was supposed to brew a porter that will become a vanilla bean and coffee porter but got pushed until tomorrow. still stoked to brew my first porter!

3:00 today...brewers best Belgian dark strong...made my starter yesterday..happy brewing everyone!!:mug:

Sweet, yummy, oatmeal chocolate stout wort

image-3817603364.jpg

If I had two more buckets I'd brew again today. Damnit I want to brew again.

With the next 9 days off, I am trying to space the brewing out. With a Honey Ale yesterday, I am taking today off and planning on a Bock tomorrow (1st official day of vacation). I may go for having all six fermenters full with the first brew of the new year on January 1st.

Heating up strike water on 5G of vanilla porter. Been since spring that I've had time to brew beer. It's refreshing.

Brew day started late for me today. Had to run to LHBS for an airlock so got started around 3:30.

Had problems with Vorlauf and volumes. Had a gallon of trub for some reason so only 4 of wort. Hope this pale ale turns out good.

Didn't get around to brewing this weekend. Hopefully next weekend. That being said, I DID manage to keg my cider and bottle my rice wine, so I got that done! :D

Planning my second round of a hopped up red rye with cascade, columbus, junga, and jaggery sugar. Got the starter made up last night, brewing asap after xmas.

Brewday from hell. Stuck sparges and more stuck sparges. Ended up draining the mash tun using a auto syphon and a hop bag after fighting it for an hour and a half. My 5 hour brew day ended up being over 8. Who knows how many off-flavors I threw in to that thing fighting that mashtun.

This beer will be the death of me. Was doing a rebrew as the first attempt poured out of a loose keg fitting dumping 4 gallons.

Since I'm off the rest of the week, I'll count it as weekend. Between Thursday and Friday, I'll brew a Maris Otter/Willamette SMaSH, rack my Dusseldorf Alt to secondary for "lagering", wash out its yeast, and repitch into a Sticke Alt and Doppelsticke Alt.

Hi I have a quick question about cider of anybody can help me. I made cider from fresh apples, once I had the juice I put one crampden tablet in for each gallon if juice, 24 hours later I pitched my yeast. I am about to bottle it and it's Been in an air locked fermenter for a good number if weeks, do I need to put more cramp den tablets in while I bottle or is this now sterile?

Thank you ever so much

Hi I have a quick question about cider of anybody can help me. I made cider from fresh apples, once I had the juice I put one crampden tablet in for each gallon if juice, 24 hours later I pitched my yeast. I am about to bottle it and it's Been in an air locked fermenter for a good number if weeks, do I need to put more cramp den tablets in while I bottle or is this now sterile?

Thank you ever so much

once the yeast are done eating all the sugars, they're done. you don't have to worry about bottle bombs unless you add more sugar

Thank you ever so much

Is the AVB at or close to 1.000? If so don't worry about adding more. If the final gravity is higher 1.005+ I would add potassium sorbate to inhibit the yeast growth before bottling.

Latest posts

Back