So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for my American Wheat (AHS) experimental batch to boil. Split this into 2 Mr.Beer kegs. One with beech wood chips the other without.

just mashed in a "pilsner". standard pilsner grain bill, what hops i have in the freezer, and S-05 fermented at about 63F

Currently mashing a blonde IPA now, made a pound of blue cheese Friday night. The cheese should be ready in 5 to 8 weeks, the IPA in 3, should be an overlap in there.

Perfect pairing! Creamy piquant and buttery blue cheese paired with a citrusy piney blonde IPA. No other cheese or beer could stand up to each other!

Just got the starter going for a ESB.

10# MO
2# golden promise
1/2 # Crystal 10
1/4 # Crystal 80

NB Neo Britannia Yeast
Challenger & EK Goldings

I brewed my Belgian Saison on Friday...to compare against my French Saison I started two weeks ago...same recipe...different strains of yeast :p

Just checked on my bubbling Kolsch. Hit an astounding 85% on brewhouse efficiency(blind hogs and acorns), so it will be a little stronger than anticipated. I will take it anyway.
Cheers,
Jim

My LHBS didn't have the exact grain malts I had planned on, so here is the revised recipe...

9.5 Maris Otter
1.5 Simpson's golden promise
.5 crystal 80
.5 Weyerman Caraamber

Northern Brewer and EK Goldings for about 40 IBU.

I'll be attempting my first stout brew tonight? Any last minute tips/advice is welcome!! Thanks

Brewed up the base for an NHC '09 Gold medel Apricot Wheat Easter Sunday. This weekend will be a simple pale ale with Amarillo hops. I ripped through 5 gallons of my last IPA waaaay too quick, so I need a few easy-drinking, fast-turnaround beers to get my pipeline back in order.

10 gallon batch of 3 Floyds Zombie Dust Getting brewed Sunday ( substituting Whole leaf Comet hops for the Citra hops)

17 gallons of my favorite beer, Raymond's Best Bitter. It is several peoples favorite beer, and not just home brewers. We cannot make enough for me, my brew partners, my wife, my son in law and all my beer drinking friends!

Brewing Dude's Lake Walk pale ale on Saturday - this time with competitions in mind.

Absolutely love this beer, always goes fast.

First brew on the new setup is tonight! Centennial blonde. Figured i would keep the recipe cheap and simple with all the new stuff going on.

ForumRunner_20120413_150938.jpg

Everyone seems to be doing summer beers! I on the other hand am not going to be a grasshopper, I'm gonna be a good ant and brew my double (doble doble) mash imperial stout so's thats I's can has's some nice motor oil to drink this x-mas!

I'll be brewing revvys Kentucky common tomorrow. Went to pick up the ingredients today and the lhbs was having a surprise 20% off sale. Whole grainbill + hops + yeast for less than $18

Brewing a blonde tomorrow to have for a strawberry blonde that my dad wants. Then im helping my brother brew a pale ale Sunday. Im pretty sure I can get at least one of them into the hobby!

I might pick up my second extract kit this weekend. I'm half way done drinking my first so it might be time to get started on the next!

nalidixic said:
I might pick up my second extract kit this weekend. I'm half way done drinking my first so it might be time to get started on the next!

Your gonna run out dude!

Made my saison wl 566 starter today. Brewing an AG belgian saison to take advantage of a hot house here in Texas!

Brewing an APA now. 7 lbs pale malt, 2 lbs munich 15, 1 lb carapils. 1 oz cascade 60 minutes, 1 oz cascade 30 minutes, .5 oz citra 10 minutes and .5 oz citra at flameout for 10.

Back