So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waffling between a wheat beer or an anchor steam clone this sunday. Temps might be too hot here in Los Angeles to do a California common. My only temp control is a water bath so I'm not sure if it'll get me down into the low 60s. Right now my bath can get me to the mid 60s.

Brewed 10 gallons of base beer for a sour last night. MO, Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, and White Wheat. Just cleaning up the shelves. I weighed out a combined 26.5 pounds of those grains. I used half of the mix last night. Might brew another 10 today with the other half. After that it will likely be straight MO. I do have a tiny bit of crystal 60 that I'll probably throw in the second batch.

Last night I brewed my Cal Common. I may be kegging the Edwort's Haus Pale Ale this weekend, but I might need to give it a few more days in the primary (gravity was only at 1.017 as of this morning).

im doing a munich helles all grain this weekend. Got an oktoberfest brewed it wed. Got a honey amber bottled and going in the fridge. Cant wait to taste it.

image-3564772451.jpg

not this weekend, but on Tuesday. Plan to brew a dunkelweizen to pitch on the yeast cake of a hefe that I will be racking to a keg.

tomorrow i will be brewing my munich/northern brewer SMaSH with cali lager yeast (basically a riff on cali common)
will be my first brew day, since i usually am impatient and start when i get home from work at 10pm

I just finished weighing everything, treating my water, and setting up the rest of the brewery. I'm brewing a recipe I put together for a coconut brown first thing in the morning!

Garage is setup and ready to go for 5 more gal. of American Honey Wheat Ale
tomorrow morning.Mash on by 8:00 am,need to be done by the time the Masters
starts,What a great weekend.

cheers

tomorrow i will be brewing my munich/northern brewer SMaSH with cali lager yeast (basically a riff on cali common)
will be my first brew day, since i usually am impatient and start when i get home from work at 10pm

This sounds like a terrific idea. I love Munich SMaSH's because they provide a delicious caramelly/toasty flavor which pairs well with all kinds of hops. Added to the 'to brew' list!

My coconut brown is in the mash right now. Hit my temp of 153 dead on! It's a sunny, warm morning. I couldn't ask for more!

About to do my first batch here shortly... Irish Red that came with my starter kit from Midwest. Need to figure out what kit to get next to use my $25 coupon with. Maybe SNPA clone?

Going to brew a saison. First time with my dual stage love controller.
First time for the style too.

Im brewing Biermunchers Centinell Blonde for the first time I thought id try something other than an IPA looks good so far 30 min into the boil.

Brewed NB's houblonmonstre last night. I was really amazed by the cold break. The wort came out ridiculously clear. Is that normal for a beer with a lot of simple sugar?

This is my first post -- been lurking for a while. Decided to share what Im brewing Easter Sunday morning. I am going for a belgian tripel with an american twist. I am going to try and hop at the limit of the style with american hops. 1 oz Vanguards at 60, 1 oz Vanguards at 25, 1 oz Cascades at 15. This gets me to about 40 IBUs. Here is my receipt -- thoughts comments?

HOME BREW RECIPE:
Title: Belgian Tripel #1
Author: RmikeVT

Brew Method: Extract
Style Name: Belgian Tripel
Boil Time: 60 min
Batch Size: 5 gallons
Boil Size: 7 gallons
Efficiency: 75%

STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.085
Final Gravity: 1.019
ABV (standard): 8.61%
IBU (tinseth): 39.14
SRM (morey): 6.84

FERMENTABLES:
9 lb - Dry Malt Extract - Light (85.7%)
1 lb - Belgian Candi Syrup - Clear (9.5%)

STEEPING GRAINS:
0.5 lb - Aromatic Malt (4.8%)

HOPS:
1 oz - Vanguard (AA 4.8) for 60 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil
1 oz - Cascade (AA 6.4) for 15 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil
1 oz - Vanguard (AA 4.8) for 25 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil

YEAST:
White Labs - Abbey Ale Yeast WLP530
Starter: Yes
Form: Liquid
Attenuation (avg): 77.5%
Flocculation: Med-High
Optimum Temperature: 66 F - 72 F

Brewing NB's Irish Red all grain and I am also gonna brew NB's Dry Dock Apricote Blonde. Im a little under my mash temp of 153 for the Red, but it will be awight (drinking my citrus wheat in the process)

Brewed a "Kitchen Sink Amber Ale"...used a bunch of stuff I had left over from other brews to make a batch.

Cheers!

Yesterday I racked a Scottish 60 to a keg and dumped a NB Surley Bender onto the yeast cake. This morning it was bubbling happily.

Jim
Tyler, TX.

brewed an ipa yesterday. It was the bell's two hearted clone posted on here with a modified hop schedule (they wouldn't sell me 5 oz of centennial)

I don't care what swmbo says. Im brewing tomorrow. Heck, its a beer for her! Her blonde ale. I also have to test a new pour handle my buddy made for the brew kettle. So. After the easter egg hunt with the boys its brew time!

Picked up the hop bill for the Pliny the Elder clone. Holy **** was it expensive...and I have yet to get the dry hop bill.

Just finished brewing an NB Cream Ale Extract kit. Just starting to bubble away. Time to get my summer ales on. A Wit and then a Pale Ale.

Latest posts

Back