So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the carboy.. 5 gal of what will be a brown ale... no name yet. first try with S04. New to dry yeast. smells fantastic though.. 1.05OG.. 90%+effeciency.. going to have to check my notes and numbers in the am when I'm less.. uh.. in the beer mind... perlimenary numbers show actual over 100% effeciency.. does not sound right.. need to refigure.. I have all my dat though so I'll work it out... when Im more clear.

bbone66 said:
I have 6 gallons of a Standard American Lager boiling right now, seeing how good my process is.

Can you share your recipe? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

10 gallons of Vienna/Northern Brewer SMaSH planned today. Gotta go with SWMBO first to see her newly born cousin though. Hope to be back by early afternoon to get it fired up. Supposed to be a gorgeous day here today! :rockin:

Making a vienna (pseudo) lager with 1007. First time using bulk base grain, first time grinding the grain myself, first recipe that I designed (with help from hbt of course). Gulp.

Going to my LHBS today to pick up some bulk grain a bag of US 2 row, Vienne Malt Carapils and 10L crystal I see a Pale ale coming this weekend.

picking up the ingredients for my first brew in over a year today! It's gonna be an easy wheat for spring and my first partial mash! Wife is taking the kid to her parents tomorrow so between brewing beer, bottling some wine, replacing the muffler on the daily driver, and playing with the new air compressor Sunday looks to be Man day! I don't think i've had one of those in 8 months.

Hell yeah. I bought the ingredients to make my version of that beer too! I love it. I have brewed it 4 time already, it is one of my favorite beers (including commercial).

I haven't made it yet but my curiosity was piqued after reading about the HBT unofficial sub-contest.. Besides, I was looking for a simple yet delicious beer to brew next and this was the winner.

I brewing a batch of lager out on the ice. Yep, you heard me...I'm brewing and ice fishing at the same time. It was my only New Years resolution....;)

About to get started on Orfy's Hobgoblin. Substituting some standard US 2-row instead of Marris Otter. Won't be exact but I figure it should still be a good beer. Debating whether to use a pound of munich to make up for the lack of MO...

I am mashed in on my club brew Cuvee de Tomme clone. Still haven't got to the hard part yet. I am going to be shuffling buckets around like crazy trying to manage a double sparge with only two vessels and my MLT maxed out.

Absolutely. I actually have some concentrated Montmorency tart cherry extract from a cherry farm/plantation/whatever-you-call-it in Northern Michigan.

Any suggestion for how long into secondary, or how long before bottling to add the flavor? As I rack to secondary? At the end of secondary?

Thanks!

As long as it doesn't smell like cough syrup you're good to go with that at bottling actually (as long as it doesn't contain sugar). I've done three cherry beers. First one I put the cherries in at the beginning of primary and it tasted like burnt (it was a stout) cherry wine. Second and third times I put them in the secondary and racked the beer onto them a little bit before it was done fermenting. That way you get some fermented cherry tartness, but not overpowering.

will be brewing 10 gals of hef tomorrow am also going to try to broadcast also so two first on on day

quickerNu said:
Back to brewing after nearly a year!! Two of my basics, a batch of edworts haus Pale and bavarian hefe.

I bottled my bavarian hefewizen last night. The gravity sample was quite tasty. To me it tasted like Paulaner hefewizen. I'm so excited!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

Brewed up a bock this morning, it is my first lager, pitched a big starter that Ive been stepping up all week. I will be cracking this one open on my birthday in 6 months. It was really cold brewing outside today, so I think Ill name this one Burrrrthday bock.

Well, this will be my biggest brew weekend yet. Did 2 5gal batches yesterday and am getting started with one more today. The 15gal weekend lives!

Had the smoothest brew day ever yesterday... until I measured the OG and realized my Mash was in the 55% range... Then it turned into the biggest miss I ever brewed..

Hoping to brew a 'fix it' batch next weekend to bring it all up to the intended gravity.. meanwhile, I've got 11G of a 'very hoppy light ale' fermenting in carboys...

So glad its finally warm outside...getting ready to brew a CDA w Nugget, Centennial and Amarillo! :D

Kolsch style steeping now - first attempt at a lighter beer (done stout and porter kits prev)

Kit from Midwest still not ready to go on my own until I can faithfully reproduce the recipe.

12oz Munich, 4oz caramel grains for 30min
6lbs Pilsen LME
1oz Perle @60, 1oz Spalt @2
Yeast Kolsch 2565 (first time using liquid)

man I love the smell of grains steeping!

Mad a CAP Friday and am boiling a normal Pils right now. Those will be my last Lagers for the winter since I have to ghetto lager. :D.

Doing my first double header and bottling my rye pale ale and my almond brown on Saturday. Doing my house blonde ale and an American IPA I'm calling hopaholic.

Can't wait. So stoked!

Today was a Dry Stout 10 gallons and kegged/bottled my Blond ale. That makes 40 gallons on the new system since late January
only took 5 hrs today :mug:

Brew day was smooth and definitely quicker doing a 5g batch than 10 just because I could mash out with 1 infusion, and it chilled in 10 min :D. Hit my mash temp perfect, but overshot my efficiency. It had been so long since I brewed, I forgot what it was. Set my default in BS for future ref. Can't wait to crank out some new brews!

Doing my first double header and bottling my rye pale ale and my almond brown on Saturday. Doing my house blonde ale and an American IPA I'm calling hopaholic.

Can't wait. So stoked!

nice. did you use real almonds or some kind of extract. i ask because i've thought about using some nuts in a brew.

good luck with the double header.

My weekend starts and ends on Monday. Will be brewing an IPA from a Brewers Best Kit. August 1 is my AG start date. I have started getting the hardware ready, but until then I am doing kits.

AG, can't wait!!! :rockin:

brewed up a 'west coast' amber ale today. 4 oz of hops in the last 10 minutes (cascade and centennial)... can't wait to drink this bad boy.

Just cleaned up from making 10 gals of a "kitchen-sink/spring cleaning" chocolate wheat. If this turns out as good as the bitter wort tasted I may have to do this more often.

Kula said:
nice. did you use real almonds or some kind of extract. i ask because i've thought about using some nuts in a brew.

good luck with the double header.

I made an almond extract and put about 3oz in the primary after two weeks. I may add alittle more when I bottle if it's not as pronounced as I would like. I'll know in a few days!!

Back