So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yes it was the strike volume (got 3 gallons first runnings at 1.070), but then I went and oversparged the poor thing. Got two kettles going, one with 3 gallons and the keggle with 7.5, to get down to a respectable preboil/prehop of 8g at 1.055. Dammit. I should know better.

I’m brewing a Stout today. 2nd attempt.
Made some tweakes
to the grain bill and I am going to try Imperial Darkness Yeast for the 1st time. If the batch ferments fast enough I plan to enter this one in a Homebrew competition. Fingers crossed.

Brewed a NEIPA yesterday. Mash went great. Boil was horrible. Somehow turned off my timer, so I had to guesstimate my timing based on boil-off rate. Then both my pump and my backup pump failed. Had to rebuild them really quick, then missed my 180 degree hopstand, which ended up being a 160 degree hop stand. Then overfilled carboy and ended up having to dump some out to allow for krausen and dryhopping. And the flys were ridiculous. Worst case, I made some beer. We will see.

I’m brewing a Stout today. 2nd attempt.
Made some tweakes
to the grain bill and I am going to try Imperial Darkness Yeast for the 1st time. If the batch ferments fast enough I plan to enter this one in a Homebrew competition. Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed for fast fermentaion!

Both.
Fast fermentation and good tasting beer that has potential for gold ribbon.
Brew competition bottles are due by Jan 16th.
If the Stout is not ready I will still be entering an IPA (West Coast,
not east coast!). [emoji482]

Taking a shot of that Dragonmead Tripel that Hurricane posted a while back. Halfway through the mash. Also kegging a Galaxy British Golden to pass the time.

I was sick all this weekend so this Sunday I will have to brew my Margarita Gose, it'll be a mixed fermentation beer using the "Reverse Kettle Sour" technique from MTF instead of the run-of-the-mill kettle sour, and pointers from Rph Guy.

Aiming to submit for a comp if it doesn't suck that bad.

I have my cream ale recipe ready for the weekend. Using up some older low alpha hops (Kazbek, 4.1aa) which I really liked in a prior saison.

The next one I will do will be a saison but I will need to free up my primary, currently occupied by my barleywine. I may end up transferring that to my carboy for another 4-6 weeks to bulk age.

Will brew up a batch of Czech lager on Saturday with grain that I milled myself for the first time. And will use my just-learned knowledge of strike/sparge volume (that I knew before, but "forgot") to get the gravity/efficiency where it needs to be. Will mill the grain when I get home from work tomorrow night then go to bed and try to sleep, knowing I have an epic brewday the next day.

Hoping to do an Amber. Need to get some yeast refreshed and have ingredients to use up.

Will brew up a batch of Czech lager on Saturday with grain that I milled myself for the first time. And will use my just-learned knowledge of strike/sparge volume (that I knew before, but "forgot") to get the gravity/efficiency where it needs to be. Will mill the grain when I get home from work tomorrow night then go to bed and try to sleep, knowing I have an epic brewday the next day.

Sparge volume doesn't matter. Just heat up more (6 gallons for 5 gallon batch). At least then you won't be short. Assuming a fly sparge...

Sparge volume doesn't matter. Just heat up more (6 gallons for 5 gallon batch). At least then you won't be short. Assuming a fly sparge...

I batch sparge, not brave enough yet to fly. But I will make sure I have enough to do a second sparge if needed.

We are! Brewing a Belgian Blonde! Second batch...our first one was a NEIPA, has about a week til bottling...seems right on point so far.

Latest posts

Back