So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s 34°F! Practically spring!

In the middle of brewing Pappers’ Dortmunder Export lager recipe.

I’ve got a rye pale ale going today. Haven’t brewed a rye beer before and have probably only drank one or two, so I’m interested to see how this turns out. The bettering addition goes in at 30 minutes too, so I think I might be able to shorten this brew day from the normal 60 minute boil.

Ended up brewing Sunday and got 5.5 gallons of wort at 1.102 for the imperial stout and then partigyled to get 3 gallons of a porter at 1.061.

Doing a Motueka cream ale and a Simcoe/Nelson pale in a wicked doubleheader. Borrowing equipment to run batches faster - will start second mash when first sparge is done. Have a few friends helping out. Should be a great Sunday morning

Completed a Maple stout and Coffee/vanilla stout. Needed something to fill these buckets with wyeast 1056 (aka Ten-fidy clone).
aviary-image-1516851505018.jpeg

Been brewing pretty much every single weekend after christmas so might sit this one out as I have to fix up my car for MOT inspection and brewing through the night always F's up my rythm, end up sleeping through most of sunday and then not getting much at all at sun-mon night so mondays been extra hard lately...

I just finished grinding the malt for a 5.4% ABV porter (90% pale 2-row, 6% black patent, 4% crystal 20.) I'm going to brew it tonight -- I know it's a late start -- and then I plan to brew another beer on Saturday. That one will be an experiment brewing with K1-V1116 wine yeast. Just pilsner malt and a little Vienna; i'm hoping it turns out Belgian-y and about 5.7% ABV.

I better get off the Internet and start heating the water...

Got a free pound of local grown Cascade - well, in exchange for some beer made with it. I'm going to do a series of beers using it in different ways to show the grower what they can do.

First up tomorrow is my pilsner recipe swapping in the cascades instead of Perle and saaz. If I feel ambitious I may do a double brew and do a pale ale as well.

Munich helles as the inaugural brew on my diy herms system. Real excited for my first light lager. Probably a poor choice for a new setup but i already had the ingredients from my old system.

Finally doing a black ipa. Didnt have cara II, had to do some quick calcs and sub'd in roast barley and a lil black malt. Got a bud from work showin up to see a brew day. Hes been getting my old gear to start into this rediculous obsession we call a hobby. lol.

I brewed what is hopefully a Founders Centennial IPA clone for my wife today. Used the harvested yeast from the Arcadia IPA clone kit I made for her father last weekend.

And had to move brew day to Tuesday. I got up at 10:30(I am a night owl, got to bed at 4AM!) and it was 36, great, a warm day! By the time I had breakfast and 2 cokes(my version of morning "coffee") the temp had dropped to 28, I went out and setup to brew and it had dropped to 26... nope not brewing. To cold for the garden hose!

Relaxing after a busy beer day...bottled the last of a couple of kegs to free them up. Love the ball lock adapter for the new Intertap tower!
MVIMG_20180128_090811.jpg

Cleaned the kegs and filled them with my split batch saison...WLP644 Sach Brux Trois, WLP590 French Saison, and US 05 for a clean comparison. Brewed a PA/ IPA with Falconer's Flight 7 C's and YHC CryoHops Citra and pitched the 644 and 590 because why not?! [emoji16][emoji482]
All cleaned up and watching useless football

Worked at the taproom brewing this morning, and took my pay in grain. Mashing in on an IPA now, next Saturday will do a Rye Stout. Been a while since brewing.

11:50 min later I have 11 gallons of 1.129 imperial stout in the fermentor. Blew a pump and had to get creative on the transfer to the fermentor but she is in bead with a nice dose of 02 and 5 pacs on Nottingham. Night y’all

Awesome day - overlapping brews. Nelson pale and a cream ale. both batches hit gravity unit targets, still have to adjust volumes for the hoppier ales, but all targets were hit. Did have a problem with doing a protein rest on the cream ale as my saccrification rest came in at 146°F, but since I did not mash out, the sparge should have picked up any missing conversion. ( if there was any to get)

One goof, installed a whirlpool arm and forgot to put the pick-up tube in the kettle - D'oh!

Both batches came out very tasty out of the kettle and here's hoping that the fermentation and trasnfer goes well.

I’m going to do a pre-Super Bowl brew tomorrow, which will be a lemondrop blonde ale. It’ll be the first time using these hops and I’m interested to see how much “lemon” flavour is present. I was going to use a bit of cascade as well but want to see how the lemondrop stands on it’s own.

Depending on the activity level of my kids, I might be. Kids age 8, 5, 18mo. and 18mo.
If the stars align I’ll be brewing an American Honey Wheat.

Wheat wine is mashing right now.

I've been trying to brew this the past two weekends. Weather and kiddos have messed with my plans, but we're better off. I got a new hellfire burner I'm rating out. It's a beautiful day and I'm waiting patiently to crack a homebrew until the boils to start. This will be a parti guile so I need to be a bit stricter than the "no drinking until mash out rule." I'll be drinking a over sized started beer I made to get a yeast cake for a lager. I'm excited to see it it turned out any good.

The boss and I brewed up 1.5 barrels of his amber this morning, and managed to have enough 1.065 wort left over to let me bring some home to ferment here. Took some good-smelling "mystery" yeast from his fridge (not sure but it was something dark) to ferment with, for one thing just for the heck of it, for another thing I'm out of slurry at the moment. Toyed briefly with the idea of adding a pound of raspberries to the fermenter but decided not. This, with the Rye Stout and IPA brewed earlier this week will get the pipeline back to where it needs to be. Tomorrow have to go back and keg his IPA and clean the boil kettle (and my own kegs, 5 empty out of six, oh no!!), then come home and put on my mechanic's hat and do the husband's brakes. Then take my own car to Fife to get the starter replaced, not something I can do myself darn it. Busy gal this weekend.

Brewed my first all grain beer this weekend, a Maris Otter Centennial SMaSH using BIAB. I got better than expected mash efficiency (78%), but over estimated my boil off. Was aiming for 1.5 gallons in the fermentor but got 2 gallons instead. Definitely need some more experience [emoji51]

Brewing up a beer for a pool tourney/chili cook off we're hosting in a few weeks.
Doing a hoppy red rye ale, one of my favorite styles, and it's snowing outside. This'll be fun.

Back