So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not brewing this weekend but did get a brew going at 8 am this morning. Love morning brewing. Winter time is the only time it's cool enough to do it.

Making a robust Porter with 20% brown and 10% amber malts. Hit my mash temp on the head weather is perfect. Couldn't get any better. Although saying that means I might be posting one of those brew day from hell posts later so stay tuned.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1482948012.679996.jpg

Wish y'all could smell it.

For my second All grain, brewed up a pre-prohibition porter yesterday. Missed my strike temp, stuck sparge, ended up adding more water for each, finally ended up 1.25 gallons thinner than I wanted. Eh, it's beer and yeasties are chugging away, should be well conditioned by St. Paddy's day/my brother's b-day. :beer:

View attachment 1482960568347.jpg

I just smacked a pack of German ale yeast that's been in my fridge for months. If it swells up, I'll brew a 4 gallon batch of German steam beer. If the yeast is dead, I'll brew something else using dried yeast -- perhaps the same thing but use S-23.

I'm brewing up a brown ale I'm pretty stoked about and after reading about a hundred pages of the thread, I'm mixing up some of EdWorts Apfelwein for the first time. I'm pretty excited about it and I have no idea why I've been brewing for two years and haven't made it yet. It's the easiest recipe I've ever seen and people are apparently raving about it years later.

Pretty much! This is the kit I got idea from.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/red-klsch-ale-grain-beer-kit-advanced.html

Buying all of the supplies at my LHBS though. I have used recipes from morebeer in the past and they were awesome.

I've never had any problems ordering from MoreBeer. I talk to them frequently with my job also and they have always been genuinely nice to deal with even when they should be PO'd. I also try to support my LHBS as much as possible though.

I'm mixing up some of EdWorts Apfelwein for the first time. I'm pretty excited about it and I have no idea why I've been brewing for two years and haven't made it yet. It's the easiest recipe I've ever seen and people are apparently raving about it years later.

It's the fanciest prison-style hooch you can make on this side of the walls.

I made it a few times when i wasn't brewing due to moving, so i at least had something fermented. But since i've been able to brew steadily since then i haven't even considered making it again.

It's the fanciest prison-style hooch you can make on this side of the walls.

I made it a few times when i wasn't brewing due to moving, so i at least had something fermented. But since i've been able to brew steadily since then i haven't even considered making it again.

SWMBO doesn't drink beer and I don't like wine. It seems like a happy medium we can agree on hopefully. And if she likes it, I'll make it all the time for the costs. I did a mead last winter that we both liked and drank quickly this summer. That's on the to brew list soon also.

SWMBO doesn't drink beer and I don't like wine. It seems like a happy medium we can agree on hopefully. And if she likes it, I'll make it all the time for the costs. I did a mead last winter that we both liked and drank quickly this summer. That's on the to brew list soon also.

100% of women i offered it to liked it, even more so if they were grape wine drinkers. The dudes were more impressed i made alcohol from cheap store bought juice, but preferred beer.

if she likes it, make sure you get a 2nd/3rd/4th batch going immediately because it takes some time to really hit its stride.

I've never had any problems ordering from MoreBeer. I talk to them frequently with my job also and they have always been genuinely nice to deal with even when they should be PO'd. I also try to support my LHBS as much as possible though.

Don't get me wrong, I love morebeer! But I have lots of LHBS gift certificates to use up.

I just smacked a pack of German ale yeast that's been in my fridge for months. If it swells up, I'll brew a 4 gallon batch of German steam beer. If the yeast is dead, I'll brew something else using dried yeast -- perhaps the same thing but use S-23.

The yeast took almost 24 hours to wake up, but then the pack swelled up quickly like it should. The grain is measured and ground, and the water is heating right now. WooHoo!

Brewing jamils shwartz recipe now 5gal. Sipping some simcoe amarillo dipa!

image.jpg

Just bottled up our first Russian Imperial Stout. Was trying to decide on a name - Vlad the Impaler RIS....? Then hubby said we should name it Tootin' Putin

Sheer brilliance! And hopefully today (or tomorrow, we'll see) we're planning an extract Belgian Tripel to end the year/start the new year.

Just finished the boil on my first attempt at a kolsch-style brew (Bier Muncher's Krisper Kolsch).I had to make a few hop substitutes based on what I had on hand, but it smells great and I'm excited :)

IPA will be brewed in the morning. Hops are Columbus, Simcoe, and Willamette.

Happy New Year to everyone

Mashed in on a Czech Pilsner this morning at around 7 AM (late for me). Keeping with my annual tradition of a brew on the 31st (last of the year) being a well established recipe (Vienna lager) and the New Year's day recipe being something new for me.

Happy New Year's day to everyone!

Doing my first "split brew" today. The mash is in but I won't be starting the boil until about 9 hours from now. I know lots of folks do this but it is new to me.

I pull the bag in about 40 minutes and let it drain until getting back from helping a friend build his garage mahal.

Wasn't going to brew today but made a starter yesterday morning for a brew day next weekend. Bought water at the store today to get ready and the bug bit. Had to brew tonight.

Just getting started on a Two Hearted clone now.

Just got set up for a 10G batch of a pale ale in the morning. Grains milled, water in the HLT. Just press play! lol

Trying a sweet milk stout. Brewed today, rerack in 5, bottle up in another 10. Should be ready to drink when I get back from Vaca on 3/1.

Just wrapped up my 1st brew for 2017! Did an AHS Pink IPA..Things went smashingly well with the Grainfather! 4.5hrs from pouring in the strike water to everything back in their proper places all clean and dry! :) Hit OG target of 1.058 exactly! Also, breaking in my new Catalyst fermenter..:)

Put together a Focal Banger clone on Friday. Mosaic, Citra, and a sweet spot 7% ABV should be be tasty.

Got a new kettle for Christmas. I was planning to brew out back today, but it's pouring and cold. Looks like I'll have to wait for Wednesday.

Back