So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11 gallons of two hearted clone, testing the limits of my 10 gallon cooler mlt. I will also be kegging an Oberon clone and then using the same yeast on the TH (Bells strain).

Good thing cloning beers is legal, cuz bells would probably be sending a lawyer to my house if not!

I bottled my 3 Floyd's Zombie Dust clone last night. It already tastes better than the real one. Somehow my OG was .010 higher than expected and final was .010 lower. I guess it doesn't matter because it's delicious!

Today I'm brewing an orange IPA! Brew on baby!!!

This sounds awesome! Will you be putting whole peppers in the bottles? Let us know how it turns out.

Just put on my first American IPA (well, with German and Australian hops). 1 Gallon (metric). 1 kg 2-row. 100 g crystal. Late additions of galaxy and cascade.

Can't wait!

Making a 10 gallon batch of version 3 of "Tarrytown Rusty Brown Ale" so that I can hopefully have a keg of it for the July LeMon's race. We liked it so much we drank all but 1.5 gallon TaD bottle at the pre-party so after the track went cold on Saturday, the remaining was polished off in 10 minutes!

I'm going to try to get something brewed saturday. Probably Mosaic IPA 2.0. Contemplating an overnight mash so all I have to do is boil and chill between my boy's teeball double header and my nephew's birthday party. It's either that or I get up at 6AM and start, which still gives me a 2 1/2 hour mash schedule. Either way it's going to bottom out and be dry as hell, hence IPA.

Has anyone tried the Basic Brewing 15 min pale? I am short on time as of late with a 7 week old in the house. Thought thus might be the answer. Gonna give it a go this weekend.

Maybe Monday... my wife has been reminiscing about the Northern Brown I did for my first batch. I'll update it to AG from extract and give it a whirl.

This weekend will be my first brew day since Oct 2013 (back issues). So I am jumping in head first and lining up a 4 batch all grain brew day.
Pliny the Elder clone
Oktoberfast (sort of, with some REALLY old grain)
Andygator clone
English Barleywine (3 gal)
and maybe.... a second runoff of the barlewine.....

I have done 4 batches in a day, never 5, but generally start at 7am and done by 4-ish pm....
After not brewing for over a year.... the pipeline is almost dry!..... Luckily I had 7 batches in cornies ready when I hurt my back.....

Another Wheat beer (partial mash) and a bourbon imperial milk stout (partial mash). Time to do some stouts to let them age before the fall / winter.

This sounds awesome! Will you be putting whole peppers in the bottles? Let us know how it turns out.

I was planning on slicing the jalopenos in half, removing the seeds, roasting them, and then soaking in vodka and adding them to the secondary.

Looks like I may be getting SWMBO's permission to attend Atlantic Brew Supply's "Big Brew"! They say they are going to have 3 or 4 recipes available to brew at 1/2 price, but I only see one identified in their e-mail. Unless something else really grabs my attention, I'll do the one listed...a mostly North Carolina sourced recipe for a saison. @Hello...you going to be there?

I am doing a dark saison. I have a really good dark ale I did a few months ago that used WLP001 and I am going to brew the same thing but use to WLP565 Saison yeast. It will be interesting to see how similar and different the two beers will be.

brewing 11 gallons of a cascadian rye session american black ale...or something like that....

Eh if I get some honey dos completed tomor I get a green light to either brew or fish Sunday....gotta choose fishing! I'll be bringing some Oberon clone with me in my vacuum insulated growler though!

Right now I'm boiling half a batch of a Bavarian Hefeweizen and drinking a Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye. [emoji41][emoji482]

6L of starter beer is swirling on the quad stir plate for next Friday. Going to make a full flavored Pilsner type lager.

Gonna try some new process optimizations. Bought an O2 wand to replace inline aeration. Also going to just chill to a modest 75 degrees or so and let my chest freezer take it to 46 before I aerate and pitch.

My Andygator clone has been mashed in for 20 min now..... Now I have the bright idea to maybe do a Partigayle Ale off of it (Baby Gator Ale?)....... I was planning a 4 batch AG day, maybe 4 1/2 now...... may have to think about deleting one..... we'll have to see how things roll...... On deck is an Oktoberfast, then an English Barleywine which I was thinking of doing a porter Partigayle off of (kinda forgot about that) and lastly a Pliny the Elder clone..... I think I'll see how long the brew day is going before I grind the Pliny grains...... After a year and a half off from homebrewing because of back issues, at least the pipeline will be filling back up! Happy Homebrew day!

Gonna finish my coffee & make a water run. Forgot the spring water, so now the couple gallons I usually fridge at least overnight won't be as cold. Gotta soldier on anyway...

Mashed in on Legends Never Die Saison at the Big Brew. Inside the brewery at Raleigh Brewing Co.

IMG_20150502_102943418.jpg

Tomorrow I make my IPA with Warrior and Green Bullet! Maris Otter and Vienna malt for the backbone... I need to prime it properly to make an improvement from the last time it was brewed. Fingers are crossed!

Got grains weighed & crushed finally after water run to the store. Gotta get mashtun/water going now. Uncle Joe's movin' kinda slow, but I'll get there. got some Kottbusser & Belgian-style Triple & bourbon for later. I finally got some boxes the right size to ship out the kotty too. So barley bob, it'll be going out Monday, it looks like. Probably should've used my hand instead of the scoop to show the crush. It reflected too much light.

Hi. First time brewer and poster. Did my first ever brewday yesterday.
Was an extract with specialty grains IPA. Picture attached.

8oz Crystal 60L
1 lb DME
6 lbs LME
1 lb dextrose
1 oz Columbus @ 60 mins
1 oz Cascade @ 5 mins
1 oz Columbus @ 5 mins
Safale US-05

OG was supposed to be 1.059. I hit 1.057. Only been 8 hours since I pitched yeast, so no bubbles yet, but it did smell and taste great. Looking forward to a good batch (fingers crossed). Great resource here!

IMG_20150501_205337.jpg

Hi. First time brewer and poster. Did my first ever brewday yesterday.
Was an extract with specialty grains IPA. Picture attached.

8oz Crystal 60L
1 lb DME
6 lbs LME
1 lb dextrose
1 oz Columbus @ 60 mins
1 oz Cascade @ 5 mins
1 oz Columbus @ 5 mins
Safale US-05

OG was supposed to be 1.059. I hit 1.057. Only been 8 hours since I pitched yeast, so no bubbles yet, but it did smell and taste great. Looking forward to a good batch (fingers crossed). Great resource here!

Congrats on the first brew. Looks like a good one. You're ahead of the game with that kettle.. Haha. I started brewing extract with an old enameled pot my mom gave me when I moved out. Just remember to keep the fermentation temps under control and be patient. The second one is the hardest.

I just finished grinding the malt. I wish I had my outdoor electric boiler built because it's hot in the house today and we don't have air conditioning.
Four gallon recipe:

6.5 lbs American pale ale malt
18 oz. corn flakes
1 oz. Cluster hops @ 60 minutes
.5 oz. Cluster hops @ 5 minutes (I may substitute Willamette or Santiam)
US-05 yeast

Brewed my SonRise IPA today. Could not find a regulator to fit my FIL's old turkey fryer burner, so I bought my own. 30 bucks at Academy. Strike water was at 170 in less than ten minutes. My boy helped mill grains, and spilled a ton on the driveway. Bird food.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430598065.859476.jpg

Boil seemed to take forever. At least ten minutes. (Sarcasm). Having a dead burner around makes things easy. Handy little heatproof table.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430598150.203305.jpg

My drilled bucket colander I knocked out in thirty seconds. Works like a charm with the bottling bucket.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430598241.583503.jpg

Lunch.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430598607.509761.jpg

Modified no chill method. I'll ice it after my nephews birthday party. Bringing a sixer of SonRise.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430598805.596681.jpg

Congrats on the first brew. Looks like a good one. You're ahead of the game with that kettle.. Haha. I started brewing extract with an old enameled pot my mom gave me when I moved out. Just remember to keep the fermentation temps under control and be patient. The second one is the hardest.

Thanks! Just checked and its already bubbling away. Started about 13 hours after pitching.

Back