So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday was a double brew day for me. 1st cream of 3 crops, then my house pale ale. Nice to see the fermentation chamber full. Know there's good beer in my immediate future.

Just talked with the wife to add a brew day so I can make for a gluten free brew. We apparently have a memorial day party coming up, which means I need to kick it into high gear with brewing. I have 10 gallons available for the party, (Scottish 60 shilling and Hoppy Red) and I'm looking to add SD_Slims lemon Shandy and a "Belgian wit" recipe that's gluten free. If anyone has a gf recipe that would help point me in the right direction that doesn't include sorghum, it would be super helpful.

Made a Belgian Pale Ale with Safbrew Abbaye yeast last Saturday. Overnight, the yeast kicked in at room temp. By Sunday night it already seemed to be slowing dramatically. I transferred the carboy to a tub in a spare bathroom and added cold water. The temps should not have crashed it. Anybody familiar with that yeast...does it take off strong and finish in 36 to 48 hours?! I was probably at the upper end of the recommended fermentation temp...maybe 2 or 3 degrees over, before transfer to tub. I'm going to let it go at least ten days, I guess. Then secondary 5 days for dry hopping.

Made a Belgian Pale Ale with Safbrew Abbaye yeast last Saturday. Overnight, the yeast kicked in at room temp. By Sunday night it already seemed to be slowing dramatically. I transferred the carboy to a tub in a spare bathroom and added cold water. The temps should not have crashed it. Anybody familiar with that yeast...does it take off strong and finish in 36 to 48 hours?! I was probably at the upper end of the recommended fermentation temp...maybe 2 or 3 degrees over, before transfer to tub. I'm going to let it go at least ten days, I guess. Then secondary 5 days for dry hopping.
Think this is a new yeast. I haven't used it yet but I'm looking forward to trying it. What was the og?

Danstar makes some awesome Belgian yeasts. They state on their website that this yeast can be done with primary in 4 days. So it's an aggressive fermenter. Think I personally would leave in the secondary for at least 2 weeks.

Sour saison on Sunday. Plan to sour 1 gallon with honey and then blend it into the saison. That way it'll be nicely tart.

Heavy Scotch Ale this weekend for me. Will be the first time I have to take some of the wort out and purposefully caramelize it so its got me a little nervous if I will get it to turn out the way I am hoping but finger's crossed!

Think this is a new yeast. I haven't used it yet but I'm looking forward to trying it. What was the og?

Danstar makes some awesome Belgian yeasts. They state on their website that this yeast can be done with primary in 4 days. So it's an aggressive fermenter. Think I personally would leave in the secondary for at least 2 weeks.

Hmmm...interesting. So, if I leave in secondary for 2 weeks, would I start dry hopping in the last five days or at the beginning? I was told that this yeast was used for trippels and quads and that it would be aggressive...just didn't know it would be so quick!

OG was 1.060 and target is 1.009. I think the packet said temp range was like 58 to 70F. I figured it would be around 70 to 72F in my house. When I entered the recipe into Brewer's Friend, the yeast info they have says fermentation range from 54 to 77F, with optimum being 68F. So, the beginning of fermentation wasn't quite optimal, but I don't think it ever went over 72F.

Hmmm...interesting. So, if I leave in secondary for 2 weeks, would I start dry hopping in the last five days or at the beginning? I was told that this yeast was used for trippels and quads and that it would be aggressive...just didn't know it would be so quick!

OG was 1.060 and target is 1.009. I think the packet said temp range was like 58 to 70F. I figured it would be around 70 to 72F in my house. When I entered the recipe into Brewer's Friend, the yeast info they have says fermentation range from 54 to 77F, with optimum being 68F. So, the beginning of fermentation wasn't quite optimal, but I don't think it ever went over 72F.

Should be fine. Dry hopping days are usually from the end of 2ndary fermentation, your instructions should tell you otherwise. OG on the batch was low enough that the yeast probably ripped through it quickly. But leave it alone for a while before you move to 2ndary. Im interested to hear more about this yeast. Keep us posted when it's ready for tasting

Brewed the Westy 12 clone last weekend and it's bubbling away in my friends temp controlled freezer. This weekend I'm going to brew a smoked porter to ferment in my house (I have nothing in my buckets [emoji33]). First time using smoked malt so I'm only going to use .5# of it instead of the full lb.

Just did 11 gallons of centennial blonde. Have brewed about 30 gallons in the past 3 weeks. Establishing the pipeline has been tough, but we are almost there.

My first attempt at an IPA is on the schedule for Sunday. 3 oz of Cascade as a dry hop (5 gallon batch). My first dry hop beer. I may have perfected my amber ale recipe, so something new and different. I was debating 2 oz or 3 oz for the dry hop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

I am getting ready to do a chocolate egg cream stout (with U-Bet syrup) . and a blood orange Belgian double. I have to start filling up the kegs for the Kezzer I am doing next week. I got all the parts, just got to make time to put it together. Hoping to have the brews on tap for the 4th of July.

VegasBrew1 I don't know much about dry hopping, sorry. Good luck.

Currently brewing up a tropical IPA with Amarillo, Nelson, and Galaxy hops and "Brett" brux trois yeast.

Hi everyone,
I'm doing a Samuel Adams Summer Ale clone but instead of using the Hallertau hops I'm using Lemon Drop hops.... last month I did a Graf and dry hopped with them and I think it came out amazing.... Hope everyone has a great Brew Day!!!! :mug:

Getting ready to fire up the kettle to brew EW's Haus Pale Ale. Planning on splitting the batch after fermentation and dry hopping each.. maybe cascade and citra?

Go late night brewing! :rockin:

Brewed a petite farmhouse/saison yesterday at a buddy's place. Overshot volume by a gallon, so we split it into two growlers and will each be pitching our own yeast/bug combos. Should be interesting to compare the 3 versions eventually.

Pitchfork IPA on a rainy day...

IMG_20150419_173014-XL.jpg

Put down a Citra/Zythos IPA on Sunday. Been 5 months since I brewed last, I had to go through my bags of grain to figure out what I was supposed to brew and I wasn't as organized as usual but hit my numbers spot on and no major hiccups.

Going to start my summer series. One for the family in a fruity wheat ale, and one for my wife with celiac. She was a huge blue moon fan, so I am attempting a gluten free blue moon-ish. Both extract this go around because we're cramming 4 days of weekend into two days. In May/June, I'll be making BM Centennial Blonde variants with Mosaic/Citra and straight Cascade. Summer is coming...

just brewed a wheat base for a fruit ale last week-end.. and I'll brew a scotch ale next week-end and pitch on the previous batch yeast cake while racking over the fruits.

should be OK for few weeks...!:mug:

well, it's not the weekend, but I'm brewing a Caramel Amber Ale today as it's my mother's birthday. She passed away a few years back and I plan on thinking about her as I brew this beer. I wished I could come up with a cool name for it in her memory, but regardless, it will be a special beer.
Bob

Brewing either the Andes Mint Chocolate Stout, or the Darth Vader Cascadian Dark. Leaning towards the latter.

I brewed the base of what's going to be a Tangerine Wheat for SWMBO

First time taking the brewing equipment on the road and doing a group brew at a friend's place.

Here are a couple of pictures of the fermenter heading home and the yeast happily doing their job the next day

Put down a Citra/Zythos IPA on Sunday. Been 5 months since I brewed last, I had to go through my bags of grain to figure out what I was supposed to brew and I wasn't as organized as usual but hit my numbers spot on and no major hiccups.

If you don't mind, what was your hop schedule for the Citra\zythos ipa.

Back