So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously thinking of brewing a Black IPA tonight. I have to go to a wedding on Saturday, so that basically means the weekend is gone.

Fermentables

Amount Fermentable Maltster Use PPG Color
6.0 lb Dry Malt Extract - Light Any 66 % Boil 42 4 °L
1.0 lb Dextrose (Corn Sugar) Any 11 % Boil 46 0 °L
1.0 lb Crystal 60L (CA) Any 11 % Mash 34 60 °L
1.0 lb Carafa III (DE) Any 11 % Mash 32 535 °L
Hops

Amount Hop Time Use Form AA
1.75 oz Chinook (US) 60 min Boil Pellet 12.0%
1.0 oz Simcoe (US) 5 min Boil Pellet 13.0%
1.0 oz Amarillo (US) 5 min Boil Pellet 9.3%
2.0 oz Amarillo (US) 7 days Dry Hop Pellet 9.3%
2.0 oz Simcoe (US) 7 days Dry Hop Pellet 13.0%
Yeasts

Name Lab/Product Attenuation
Safale US-05 Fermentis US-05 85.5%

Brewing an Imperial Red this weekend.

10 lbs of two row
5 lbs of Munich
1.5 Corn Sugar
1.5 pounds of specialty grains
Cascade and Centennial hops
WL001 Yeast

Just got finished bottling a SMASH beer I made with wild hops ( cluster?) I found growing locally, Canadian 2-Row and Danstar Windsor yeast. I washed the yeast so that I can pitch it on the batch of KingBrianI's Common Room ESB I plan to make tomorrow.

Just finished a light raspberry ale.

6.5# 2-row
1.5# Vienna
1.0# crystal 10

0.5 oz Tettnanger at 60
0.5 oz Tettnanger at 10

WLP029 German Ale/Kölsch yeast.

The raspberries (3#) go in tomorrow morning after it's bubbling.

Short on time the next few weeks to brew an AG batch due to the holidays, so I'm brewing up a hopburst 20 minute boil extract pale ale! Very interested to see the results of this as I haven't done an extract batch in a while.

Finished a small 3.5 gallon batch of wakatu ipa. I had forgotten to clean out a 5 gallon fermentor so it's in a 2.5 gallon carboy and im waiting for the explosion.

Brewed a 10 gal batch of Two Hearted Ale clone last night. Ended at 1.072. Haha, it's going to be a nice 8% IPA, or is it a IIPA at that point? Who cares. It's going to be a nice beer for the New Year.

Rainy day brew day. It's 65˚.
Brewing a Saison of sorts today. T-58 primary/WLP644 secondary, Belgian Pilsner/Wheat/80L/Victory/Oats, Amarillo and Ahtanum.

I forgot to add the Whirlfloc. (ultimately I don't think it'll matter)
It's chilled down to about 80 or 90 degree with the immersion chiller, gonna sit the kettle on the frozen ground for a while to chill it the rest of the way.

Brewing a Northern English Brown Ale today. It will be my first attempt at BIAB.

4 lbs Vienna

2.5 lbs 2 Row Base

1 lb 40L

.5 lb CaraPils

4oz Chocolate

1 lb Brown Sugar

1oz Fuggles at 60 min

1oz Kent Goldings at 5 min

It's a balmy 50 degrees F in Minneapolis/St. Paul, so I'm brewing 5.5 gallons of a British Mild with all UK grains, hops and London Ale yeast.

Will be brewing 10 gal. of Chocolate Stout this w/e with my youngest daughter who is home for Christmas. Have to pass down the good German heritage. :tank:

I was hoping to get a batch of stout done before Christmas (Yooper's recipe), but I may not have time. I need all the ingredients, 8 bags of ice and a propane tank refill. Oh, and that doesn't count brew time and clean up. Maybe between Christmas and New Year's Day.

Got all my ingredients and supplies together for brewing Yooper's Oatmeal Stout tomorrow. Bought Christmas presents for SWMBO, so the pressure is off there! Woo hoo!

Woke up early Sunday morning and brewed Midwest's Bavarian Doppelbock. Nice to be done early, although now I want a nap and I think SWMBO will want to go take a walk or something.

Ingredients were 6 lb. Pilsen liquid malt extract, 3.15 lb. Munich liquid malt extract, 3.15 lb. Dark liquid malt extract, 16 oz. Caramel 60L specialty grains, 3 oz. Mt. Hood (@60), 1 oz. Hallertau (@5).

Cooled down nice and quickly with the wort chiller (love that thing), and pitched my yeast (S-23) that I started (yes I know there's debate about doing starters with dry yeast) the night prior. SG came up 1.087, a bit over what Midwest said the SG should be (1.080-1.084). Tasted nice and sweet.

Fermenter now in my basement in a room that is steadily at 70*. In 3 days I'll move it to another room that stays at 48-50* for 7-10 days. Instructions call for the diacetyl rest after that which I'll do back in the 70* room for 24 hours, then I'll rack it to secondary and see if it'll fit in the fridge. If not, then back in the cold room. That's the best I can do.

Brewing a stout right now. Was shooting for chocolate with hint of coffee but smells more coffee. Will have to see how it turns out. Also bottled a honey blonde ale. Yum.

No beer brewing, but I did mix up a 2.5 gallon batch of root beer for my nieces, who will be here on Tuesday, and got a 3 gallon batch of cider going. I did something wrong with the temp controller, so the cider was at 74 degrees overnight, but it's cooling down now, and should settle at a more reasonable 64 soon.

Just put a carboy of vanilla bourbon porter into the temperature control fridge. Prepped the vanilla extract to have it ready to add in a few days...

20141221_083426.jpg

Back