So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my ingredients for a blonde ale, made my starter... and decided not to brew.

Nobody was feeling well in the house and it was 99* outside. Just got lazy, but I will brew next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I thought my ferm chamber died at the worst possible moment: after brew #1 had been pitched and brew #2 was 30 minutes into the boil.

Both brews are using Kolsch yeast and I have no other way to keep them below 70F in July.

Turned out to just be a compressor cycling problem.

I had to do a little work on my starter and push my brew back a day. For the first time, I harvested yeast, a Belle Saison. And also a first, making a starter! Even though I'm doing a boost on the starter, it's a success, I think. So, it's cold crashing tonight and I'm hoping to brew a Citra Saison tomorrow.

Since its Monday I can finally respond to this thread :) Gonna do a Scotch ale (based on Old Chub) on Saturday. Its been over a month since I last brewed so I'm rarin to go!

Brewed a pale citra blond last night. Finally wrapped up at 1 am. It was getting started when I left for work this am.

Hadn't brew in 8 weeks and I needed to get one going since the pipeline is empty.

I got my Citra Saison done today with the starter I made from harvested Belle Saison yeast. First time harvesting yeast and first time making a starter. Everything went well except I was a little crunched for time...had to pick up a kid from school at about 2:20. Also, I forgot to get Belgian Clear Candi Syrup at the LHBS Saturday. Ran to try and get some while mashing in and shop closed on Mondays. Aaaargh!!! So, I substituted honey. Also, I did pale 2 row, instead of pilsner and 60 minute boil instead of 90minute. Brewed BIAB. Wound up with an extra gallon of wort, so I set up an extra 1 gallon carboy...going to do a cherry variation in secondary with the small batch. had to break to pick up the kid and used my oxygen tank to oxygenate the worts when I got back and then pitched the yeast at 3:15 p.m. Put the carboys on a heating pad. They still felt a little cool at 6:30, so I wrapped them in a space blanket. Anxious about whether the yeast was going to take off.

9:30 p.m. and we have action! Woo hoo!!!

DSC05135.jpg

DSC05137.jpg

Bottled my first saison as it's hot here in Tejas

Bottled my Hi-Nelson Saison w/Hibiscus yesterday...my first saison. I thinks it's going to be a doozie! (If you haven't seen it, check out the thread by Fuzzymitten...others have really enjoyed it!)

Here's what an uncarbed sample looked like under light:

DSC05124.jpg

This will be my 3rd weekend in a row brewing. Weekend before last I brewed a pretty basic Saison to have something for the keezer (only 3 of 4 taps running right now :(), Last weekend I brewed another batch of the Strawberry/Rhubarb pale ale to have ready for when the keg kicks (it is on permanent tap at my house), and this weekend I will be brewing my first 10 gallon batch and it will be a Chocolate coffee stout that I am brewing for an obstacle / peep eating / shooting / soda chugging event called Cola Warrior. I will be floating 20 marshmellow peeps in the boil and the 10 gallons will be brought for after event refreshments (once all the firearms are secured of course). It will be called Peep Show Stout :D.

Keeping the HBT folks up to date...I brewed a cream ale on at a street fest for my LHBC two weeks ago. Testing out a 100% Brett blend on that beer. I was given a sample to try out. That was my first BIAB.

Brewed an Amber Ale yesterday...BIAB, and I'm brewing a BIAB/double-decotion hefeweizen this Friday or Saturday. :fro:

This will be my 3rd weekend in a row brewing. Weekend before last I brewed a pretty basic Saison to have something for the keezer (only 3 of 4 taps running right now :(), Last weekend I brewed another batch of the Strawberry/Rhubarb pale ale to have ready for when the keg kicks (it is on permanent tap at my house), and this weekend I will be brewing my first 10 gallon batch and it will be a Chocolate coffee stout that I am brewing for an obstacle / peep eating / shooting / soda chugging event called Cola Warrior. I will be floating 20 marshmellow peeps in the boil and the 10 gallons will be brought for after event refreshments (once all the firearms are secured of course). It will be called Peep Show Stout :D.

That sounds totally awesome!

Three batches of Bards Home Brew. Two lagers, one ale. Boring compared to what everyone else is doing, but I love this stuff.

Doing a 6 g batch of ESB w/ my daughter tomorrow then a 6 g batch of New Albion w/ WLP Old Sonoma yeast on Sunday. My Buzz Bomb IPA up next.

Brewing my 1.5X IPA on Sunday. The hopping schedule of a double IPA, but capped at 7% ABV so that I can drink more of it without getting loopy.

I would be, but I'm waiting for brew equipment to be delivered. The annoying part, I have everything except the boil kettle.

Making my first wee heavy in over 15 years! Have a yeast starter batch going (recipe on my blog) with which to pitch yeast, and plenty of TF Golden Promise on hand to make a big 'ol tasty brew!

Will have my first blonde ale in my fermenter tomorrow evening. 5.5 gallons hopped with cascade and centennial.

Heating my strike water right now. I have a small 5 gal Ipa kit I picked up from Midwest. My first Ipa.

Gotta get ice & spring water from Giant Eagle later to brew the German Hefe kit tomorrow. Gonna add 3C of juice from sugar baby watermelons too. Ordered it yesterday afternoon & it got here about half an hour ago! :ban:

Will have my first blonde ale in my fermenter tomorrow evening. 5.5 gallons hopped with cascade and centennial.

Just finished the boil. Had to send my daughter out to pick up a fermenting bucket as my carboy is cracked and not safe. Waiting to put in my starter around 9 pm-ish.

Started all-grain this weekend. Picked up a bag of Maris Otter at work($.80/lb!); Saison is in the fermenter, Blonde will be boiling shortly.

Thinking about a late night brew session since SWMBO is leaving early tonorrow. Roommate is out of town and the thought of a brew night with nothing but me and Pandora and a couple home brews doesn't sound so bad at all. Have a Pliny kit and a Citra pale that are waiting to be brewed.

Forgot to chill a couple gallons of spring water overnight. So I gotta wait a couple hours before starting the BK for the watermelon hefe. Got 3 sugar baby watermelons to juice & WL300 yeast.:mug:

Made my yeast starter last night for my vanilla stout porter. It's the maiden voyage for my new single tier brew system this afternoon.
Cheers!

I brewed back-to-back 1/2BBL batches of my modified oatmeal stout recipe yesterday to fill my 1BBL fermenter. Pitched Wyeast Roeselare and have active fermentation this morning. Plan to let it go for the entire run in the primary and perhaps drop in some Tart of Darkness dregs at some point.

Cheers,
--
Don

I brewed back-to-back 1/2BBL batches of my modified oatmeal stout recipe yesterday to fill my 1BBL fermenter. Pitched Wyeast Roeselare and have active fermentation this morning. Plan to let it go for the entire run in the primary and perhaps drop in some Tart of Darkness dregs at some point.

Cheers,
--
Don

First ever harvest brew! I got enough hops from my centennial, magnum, and cascade to shoot for about 3gal of IPA.

It'll be a partial, DME with some steeping grains C60, SpecialB, C120.

Hops for 60min, hops for 2min, and the hops for dry hopping already dehydrated and vacuum sealed for use in a week.

Back