So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing 10 gallons of my Charlie Brown Ale for a friend's Turducken Party in November.

Flame on at dawn with a full day of brewing ahead of me. Life is good.

Started a batch of cider last night, although it hardly felt like "brewing" because it was so darn easy. This orchard freezes the juice because they don't use any preservatives, which means I usually have to put the frozen jugs in a cooler and add hot water to the cooler, drain, and repeat over and over for an hour or so. When I picked up the juice this time, it was so fresh they hadn't had a chance to freeze it yet, so all I did was open the jugs and pour the juice into a fermenter and dump yeast in. With sanitizing and cleanup, I was done in 15 minutes which, hey, is kinda awesome.

The next 3-4 days are supposed to be in the 60's around here. Thank God,my 2nd batch of IPA I pitched on Wednesday got up to 80F+. It's going down slowly now. gotta get the $$ to build that fermentation cabinet...

Night brewing a pumpking clone. What was really cool was the fire orange harvest moon.
ForumRunner_20130921_090251.jpg

Dustinj said:
Brewing 5 gallons of a French saison with wyeast 3711 pilsner 2row and acidulated.

First AG so well see how it turns out in a couple months.

You could probly be drinking that beer in 24-28 days. 3711 is a beast that ferments very fast, so you could bottle at 7-10 days and pop the first 2 weeks later!

Double batch with my brother-in-law: a British IPA and a London Brown Porter. Only bad news is that the rain and a plumbing problem has moved me from my normal perch atop the back porch to under the carport -- and I don't like the publicity! Here's hoping no one notices.

Just pitched the yeast on a Soriachi Ace hopped IPA. Hopefully it will turn out good enough for competition.

Just finished 5 gallons of my 'Yard Sale Pale' .. Cascade for bittering and loads of falconers flight for aroma/flavor/dry hops. Pitched it into the Conan yeast cake from my heady clone. Prost!

Just finished brewing my first altbier.

But somehow I got 80% efficiency instead of my usual 70-75%. I guess it'll be a Sticke Alt now.

Best brewday ever! Hit my estimated gravities on both batches, and if my math is correct, brewhouse efficiency on each was 82% and 86%, respectively. I'm pretty stoked.

I racked a few 1 gallon wine/mead batches yesterday, as well as bottled a gallon of Apfelwein that I backsweetened with Splenda in the process. That'll be it for this weekend. But next weekend our club is doing a big brew for a full bourbon barrel oatmeal stout.

Couldn't wait until the weekend to get started, so I kicked off this week with a Czech Pils Ale. I will be working on a Belgian Blonde over the weekend.

I may try to brew my IPA on Friday. I'm headed to Fayetteville, AR, for the A&M-Arkansas game around noon, so I took the whole day off. Might try to get a brewday in Friday morning. If not, maybe Sunday evening after we get back.

Brewing a pale ale, all perle hops that's I'm going to dry hop with rosemary, mint and sage. Sitting on the porch, drinking a whiskey and water, watching the horse, donkey and dog do their thing.

ForumRunner_20130924_150319.jpg

Chickens sure do love grains! Just started giving them the spent, they came running. It can't seem to decide whether or not it's going to rain though so well probably have to haul out the chiller water for the garden. Such hard work! Haha

Going to be brewing up my "Just the Tips" Winter Cascadian ale this weekend. All cascadian region hops along with fresh spruce tips from my back yard. I havent been this excited for a brew day in quite some time now.

Club is taking a slightly modified version of my Oatmeal Stout, brewing 45 gallons of it (doing a combination of simultaneous 15, 10, and 5 gallon batches), and sticking it in a bourbon barrel. Saturday will be a hectic day, but an awesome day.

Doing a Scottish 70/-. I had planned to do back-to-back batches, with a Dubbel being the second batch, but I'll have to save the Dubbel for next weekend because I only have room to temp control one fermenter.

Latest posts

Back