So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing on Monday for sure. Haven't decided on a recipe yet though. My pipeline is in pretty good shape, so I might go for something a little different from the normal standards I usually have on tap.

Octoberfest from Brewing Classic Styles.

Going to pitch cold (follow the process in BCS) and have a nice big 2-step starter of wyeast Oktoberfest yeast raring to go.

Lager for 2 months and serve at my office Christmas party. Last year the keg was kicked in 30 minutes.

I'm brewing an all-Amarillo Pale Ale, and a spiced Holiday Porter if I get around to a second brew.

Trying to conjure up a recipe for a blueberry pyment and will be getting honey hopefully blueberry honey and grape/blueberry concentrates/juices,tomarrow and brewing it up for my 40th Bday.

Just brewed up Chimay Grande Reserve Clone from Austin HB. This is for my wife and neighbor. Brewing up Smashing Pumpkin from Northern tomorrow for my wife. West Coast IIPA for me coming up. I accidentally only bought 1 smack pack. Need 2 so I bumped up the Chimay. I just picked up a kegerator so I am so excited to get some beer on tap in a few weeks!

Remember with Chimay Grande Reserve it is recommended that you age it at least 6 months. I made an All grain version that is aging right now.

I'm outta gas & money I got left goes to elec bill. Need spring water to brew two IPA's I got grains & hops,etc sittin around for. Gunna be cool from Friday through next week. Damnit...

Put 5-Gallons of Coffee Breakfast Porter in the bucket last night. Lots of lactose, lots of coffee, and just the right amount of vanilla. Fingers crossed!

I have A cider recipe. Haha! I have it in the secondary right now and I'm bottling it later today. I used 4 gallons all-natural 100% apple juice, 2 cups brown sugar dissolved in 2 cups water, 1/2 oz. ginger root (added to secondary), and S-04 yeast.

It's tasty, but not exactly what I was going for. I'm hoping a little carbonation and time will crisp it up. The ABV was 5.25% when I racked to the secondary.

Sweet potato spiced ale...maybe with marhmallow fluff...but leaning toward lactose and vanilla for that sweet potato casserole flair.

I figure it give me 2 week primary, 2 week secondary and like 5ish in the bottle to mellow and become something remotely OK for thanksgiving.

:/

Son has points on GE card to help with empty wallet & gas tank. I scrounged enough to get some 12 gallons of local spring water between my 6G BB & 7/1G jugs. All sanitized & ready to go. I GET TO BREW THIS WEEKEND TOO! yEEEEEAAAA!:rockin::ban:

Only halfway through my boil and I've already hit the low end of the OG range.

HAPPY!!!!!

big_grin_smiley_face_sticker-p217746367994550126envb3_400.jpg

I'm jealous of all of you. I can't wait to brew next weekend. It will be my first attempt at an altbier.

Want to make a 3 gal blueberry pyment and a few wines blueberry and blackberry then possibly pee on your face? no i dont do such weird things. Im just waiting on my honey source which is failing and now Im getting pissed off that I cant make it yet. Im so sorry I just took it out on your face.

Heating up 2 gallons of local spring water to do my PM of 5.6lbs of grains for my Cougar Country IPA. Got the grains crushed & sealed in a homer cheapo bucket. Hops thawing with US-05. Including bittering hops,this batch is getting 5 different hops. Including dry hops,it'll be 8.3ozs.

The plan is to make sure it doesn't flood first. Just bottle my first red yesterday and I am going to brew a milk chocolate stout once we are clear of flood warnings. Don't want it ruined.

Back