So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully will have time to brew my Racer 5 clone I picked up yesterday. Can't believe all the hops it came with! It was like a hop cannon in the face when I opened the box!

Bottling up my Pilsner, then I'll be doing an all extract Strong Belgian. Tomorrow I'll do the partial mash APA.

I love it when my sister in law flies into town for the weekend and takes my wife out of my way so I can have a full beer weekend.:D

Bottled my dead ringer last night. I'll be making an orange (or onion) ipa with summit and Columbus on Thursday.

Just mashed in on my dark lager a couple minutes ago. Man,that rauchmalt has a nice mild smoky aroma. The carahell should bring that out a lil more.

Just finished up my Vienna lager and it's sitting in the chest freezer cooling down to a target temp of 52 F. I'll probably go out to the gym and then pitch the yeast (Wyeast 2352) when I get home. It went really well - exceeded my expected gravity by a couple points.

Trying another Red's rye ipa clone after last weekend's first AG fiasco with a bad thermometer. Hit all my temps, vols, and gravities so far! For the first real attempt at AG, i'll take it!

Starters FTW! pitched at 2pm and the blow off is already fartin away!

Got my Pork Soda in the ice bath now after an unexpected ice run. The rauchmalt & chocolate malt has a roasty grilled aroma to it.

Brewed the dundalk Irish heavy Thursday and just finished a dead guy clone, but with extra hops. Bottling DFH 90 min ipa tomorrow or Monday.

Great brew day today. A friend and I brewed a 5 gallon batch of porter, a 1 gallon batch of sMasH (Belgium pale and columbus) and a 1 gallon batch of sMasH (UK pale and columbus). Hope to do a side by side tasting of the sMasH beers in a few weeks.

Now I just have to clean everything up. Ugh.

Brewed a Bell's Two-Hearted Ale clone yesterday. Based off Northern Brewer's Dead Ringer kit - but purchased my own ingredients. Upped the hop schedule to be an oz at 60/40/20/10 and at flame out. Will dry hop with an oz in secondary too. Also added a 1/2 tsp of Paradise Seeds (ground) with 15 min to go. She's bubblin'!

Bottled American light Ale
Racked Liberty Cream Ale to secondary
And whipped up a batch of brazedowl's hard lemonade.

Feels like I did a lot this weekend. Did my first BIAB (an Amber) and bottled my last kit batch, an english pale. Unfortunately I also drank the last of my keg. I am out of HB for 2 weeks.:(

Finally racked my wee heavy to the keg. And got the ingredients for my first original recipe horizon/ perle/ cascade ipa. Brewing that next Sunday

Brewed a small experimental APA wort to try my first 100% Brett APA. Have to save the 10gal of Centennial Blond for next Sunday...

1st forum post. Might as well be here. I will be brewing my Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone, that I have made 100s of times. I have been brewing for 20 years, but for some reason I've been inactive the past 4-5 years. A friend of my wife's inquired about home brewing, and he asked to buy all my equipment. It was a wake up call. I'm tired of paying up to $30 for about 8L of good craft beer, so I will be not only sanitizing and readying my equipment, but actually instructing someone on this fine craft. Great, useful forum here, I've already learned some valuable stuff. cheers!

Power's out at work....so I've got a snow day.

Really wish I had more stuff on hand, but made due with a little 1Gallon batch that I can do inside the house!

Back