So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to this morning pre-football, but the local homebrew shop was closed early both Thursday and Friday, both days I didn't find out till I got there.

I was at least a little annoyed by this fact.

No brew this weekend, but I'm bottling my brown ale that was my second brew I have made since starting home brewing using all grain.

Doing 10 gallons of Janet's Brown tomorrow. Have never had it before, so I am looking forward to this one.

chrisgood1 said:
Had everything ready to go but my boil off when it's 7 degrees out is too much for this new AG brewer. Did bottle my wheat and esb.

That is my downfall lately as a newer AG brewer. I measured my boil off at 87 degrees, the last brew I made (Christmas eve) it was 50 degrees and I boiled off half a gallon less. (BTW, it's 70 degrees now, haha)

Brewed the "Common Room ESB" this morning (recipe from this site). It was my first experience with both First Wort Hopping and flameout hops.

Tomorrow, I'm brewing Yooper's Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA clone, although I'm subbing Caraaroma for the Aromatic malt (it's only 6 ounces, I'm hoping it won't make too big a difference). I'll be my first dry-hopped brew.

First brew this year. Edwort's IPA grain bill with Lagunitas IPA hop schedule.

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

Bottled my 2nd pm pale ale yesterday. Got 51 bottles instead of the usual 47-48. May just try to rebrew this one,being a happy accident that found a place to happen.

What's with the plastic bag?

Inexpensive airlock. It also holds the wort in when I set the bottle on it's side and roll it back and forth for aeration.

Do you have any issues with boil over with a pot that full?

No. I use fermcap and do a gentle boil to start with.

Made a Bell's Expedition Stout clone today. It's cooling right now, according to the refractometer I missed my target 1.110 gravity, only reached 1.100. Oh well ;)

Will be pitching on a yeast cake of Bell's yeast from a 2-hearted ale I made 3 weeks ago.

I brewed two this weekend One a Weiss Bier 1.048 and I also went for an American Brown Ale 1.055.

Going to try my first all-grain biab this weekend. 3 gallon IPA

I will be trying my first all-grain biab as well this weekend. Either a Irish Red Ale or Centennial Blonde Ale, whichever one is cheaper when I go to the grain store tomorrow. Also if I can find room :D

I have a Irish Stout in it's secondary phase in a carboy, and a Bucket of Pino Grisio still fermenting in a bucket right now, which I will be transfering to a carboy this week. I need a place to put a 3rd bucket this weekend.

Think Im doing a 2.5 gal BIAB Pliny finally. Between a 10# bag of base malt I should be able to make a Ranger clone following that next also. Sugar is cheap and good in particularly good beers like these.
This will be my very first kegged beer I think,am getting a 3 gallon keg.

Hopefully me. Our new townhouse is supposed to close Thursday, and we have the movers coming that morning. I plan to get a starter going that day, and brew on Saturday, more likely Sunday.

Been a while since Ive brewed in anticipation of the move and I am antsy

Either this friday after work or saturday morning I'll be brewing a 10 gallon batch of porter to split into 5 gallons vanilla porter, 5 gallons coconut porter.

Shopping at the homebrew store Saturday morning, then brewing Saturday and Sunday. Brewing an IPA on one of those day, and still debating on what to do for the other day. Possibly a lambic. Never tried to brew a lambic before, and it's always good to try something new.

Back