So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my second beer yesterday- used a Brewer's Best American cream ale kit, and added a little lemon juice, sweet orange peel, and ginger to the boil. Probably going to add more orange peel and ginger in the secondary.

Brewing 10 gallons of lawnmower ale!

image-1805646628.jpg

Won't be brewing this weekend, but will put some of the 15 odd cases of empties I've stocked up on in some PBW tonight, and finish up the rest throughout the week. Hopefully hitting the LHBS some time in the week, and bottling a couple batches next weekend and brewing another one.

Pitched at 11pm last night on my own Curly Blonde Ale. My first full boil, and also my first that wasn't making the airlock rattle the next morning. It's moving, but not like it has been. Still, R,DW,HAHB. We'll be fine. CAn't wait to try it though!

I just brewed up a batch of Edwort's Octoberfest. I've never seen bees so attracted to wort before! The little buggers were everywhere. Despite the wildlife it has been a lovely fall afternoon.

Yep Shoggoth, just pitched my IPA with San Diego Super Yeast and there was a bee swimming in my bucket. Hope he didn't bring any nasty bugs with him.

Brewed an all New Zealand hopped IPA yesterday with Riwaka and Motueka hops. 6.5% abv, 60 ibu's, 2 row, munich, and carapils for the malt bill, plus no hop additions before the final 25 minutes of the boil (hop burst technique). I add my flame out additions to 120F wort to also further encourage hop utilization and hop oil maximization.

just pitched my IPA with San Diego Super Yeast and there was a bee swimming in my bucket. Hope he didn't bring any nasty bugs with him.

Bees, just like fruit flies, often carry acetobacter on their bodies. You probably won't have a problem unless you want to age the beer for a while. WLP090 works super quick anyway, but if you keep a six pack in the back of the closet for a long time you might get some vinegar tasting beer.

Yep, I had a bung hole without an airlock outside for a bit. Guess he crawled in and decided to go swimming. I had an acetobacter infection in my second ever brew but not since then. Twenty some batches later I don't want another. But your right that the SD super yeast is going strong. Hopefully it will win that battle. Thanks for your input

I'm probably not brewing this coming weekend, so instead I have nice Oatmeal Stout to brew tonight when I get home from work. The hope is to get this brewed tonight, ferment until 11/5...11/7 and then bottle. If I'm lucky I'll be able to have this ready for Christmas. That way I will be able to serve it in conjunction with my Wiehnachtsgeist (my Christmas Spiced beer).

Brewing a Standard All-Grain Wheat beer this weekend which will be split into 3 seperate brews.

1. 3 gallons Blueberry Wheat for SWMBO
2. 1 gallon Medium Heat Jalapeno Wheat (1 jalapeno)
3. 1 gallon eXtreme Heat Jalapeno Wheat :) (3 Jalapeno)

Past weekend was a bust. I did manage to get my ingredients and water all prepared. I cut some steel for the burner stand, but now I have a new design in my head. Hopefully I will have that done tonight and be ready for Thursday, my next scheduled attempt.

Gonna be brewing this Friday morning, a celebration ale clone. I'll be getting things ready Thursday evening!

Im doing 2 batches on saturday, my house red and maybe a nice nut brown kinda ale for thanksgiving?? Something SN Tumbler-ish...

Genuine said:
Gonna be brewing this Friday morning, a celebration ale clone. I'll be getting things ready Thursday evening!

You gonna do the sierra nevada celebration? I found a recipe that is pretty close, but i think its better than the original!

I did a black Butte clone last weekend, I'm doing a pumpkin beer experiment next weekend ( never been crazy about those styles but it's for the holidays ).
Doing a honey ale the next weekend and I'm going to try making some of it into a chili beer.

Gonna try my first partigyle brew: Old Ale for aging on French oak (medium toast), then Pale Ale. To make this happen, I'm mashing the Old Ale's crystal & Special B with 2# of 2-row in a separate mash tun :)

I am off this week and next, so I will be brewing a bunch. A friend asked me to show him the ropes of homebrew . . . made my day! Of course, for his first brew, he wanted to go complicated. He shows me a recipe for a "Strawberry Wit" of sorts, which is not all bad, but seems rather vague about specifics in the ingredients. Either way, it calls for 4 lbs. wheat extract, 2 lb. flaked oats, 1 lb. candy sugar, 2 lbs. wheat malt, 1 oz of bittering hops, 1 oz of flavoring hops, 8 oz. strawberry flavoring extract and some yeast. Yes, that is as specific as it gets . . . Seeing how the local supply store is not as big on brewing as the big store in town, we changed it up a little.

3.3 lbs canned Munton's wheat extract
2 lbs. flaked oats
3 lbs. dried wheat malt
1 lb. candy sugar
1 oz. Cascade hops for 60
1 oz. Cascade hops for 10
8 oz. Strawberry NF extract just before bottling

Of course, we get back to the house to find I have run out of Ale Yeast . . . for shame!! Looks like another stop at Valley Winery & Brew Supply today to restock on Ale Yeast. Other than that, "The Boss" has asked for a Bud Light clone, or something light . . . best to keep "The Boss" happy, nobody likes it when she isn't happy ;) And the last brew in the plans so far is a Chai Stout. I am not sure why I want this, it just sounded interesting. I am quite sure I will find more to brew, the requests from friends always pile on, but I usually only consider the ones that are willing to buy ingredients . . . probably going to cook up a Heidelbeere Weizen before I go back to work or the Caramel Apple Honey Mead I found on the forum . . . apologies for not knowing whose recipe it was, but it totally rocked, will have to look for that again.

Mashing a Belgian Tripel right now and will use my new Speidel fermenter. I hope to be drinking this on Thanksgiving.

Brewing the first of my winter lineup, Schwarzbier. I typically do a German lager, an American Ale, and a session from the British Isles for each season. Getting started a bit late, but it'll be ready in January.

I will be brewing a Wee Heavy/Scotch Ale on Sat or Sunday. Can't wait to boil off that first 1.5 gallons down to a sticky sweet syrup elixer.

Planning on brewing:

10 Gallons - Jamil's Evil Twin IPA
5 Gallons - Bavarian Banana Hefeweizen
5 Gallons - Dead Ringer Ale

i'm making an IPA with some new fangeled HBC-342 hops

Experimental Hop HBC 342
0.5 lb carapils
1 lb aromatic malt
0.5 lb crystal 60

6 lb pilsner LME, 60 min
1 lb corn sugar, 20 min

1 oz HBC 60 min
1 oz HBC 30 min
2 oz HBC 5 min
2 oz HBC dry hopped

Safeale 05

any suggestions? maybe up the C-60 to 0.75 lb? more efficient hop schedule?

I am hoping to brew a darkness clone on Sunday. I have a starter of wlp007 (Surly's house yeast) going on the stir plate that I stepped up from 1 liter to now 2 liters.

Latest posts

Back