So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could brew this weekend. I gotta work instead, maybe during the week when I get a day off. Next brew is gonna be a German Hefeweizen, and an Amber Ale for a double brew day.

I was going to double brew today. IPA and Amber.

Got tired, so I only did the Amber. Tomorrow is the IPA!

Also kegged a stout and my english bitter today, so hopefully I'll have some delicious beer to drink by midweek or the weekend!!!

Just started my first brew in IA. We moved back a week ago, and I need to get the pipeline up and running again. Its a lake walk inspired IPA hopped with Citra & Sorachi.

Second all grain, BIAB, NB Biere de Table.

image-657694054.jpg

Didn't get a chance this weekend, looking to do a really simple hefe tomorrow and next weekend an ESB and dark mild as a dry run for the brewing I'm planning on doing for a wedding coming up - I'm thinking three batches for that event.

brewed for the first time in almost 4 months today... felt good. did a blonde ale inspired by Tasty McDole.

Today was a double brew day. I brewed 6 1/2 gallons of a RR supplication clone and 6 gallons of Orange American Wheat. Both went well. Good day.

Brewed a Flanders Oud Bruin last night, added a smack pack of trappist HG for a little extra flair. Don't know how or why but I clocked in at 80% efficiency. I BIAB and never get higher than 60-65%...ever. It was strange.

Brewing a black IPA tomorrow night. Using Marris Otter and adding English hops for aroma, give it a little bit of a British twist.

Doing a 5 gallon batch of blonde ale bittering with centennial and finishing with sterling and a 5 gallon batch of Belgian / American pale ale hybrid sunday to be ready for the fourth. Gonna be 91F with no AC. Starting the session early.

Brewed in a bag a hefeweizen last night, will be adding dry hops to my ipa tomorrow and will be brewing in a bag an ESB on saturday. Gotta get that pipeline going.

for this long weekend i'm doing three batches: a breakfast stout, a belgian blond and a amarillo/optic smash (recipes in signature). it'll be my first multi-batch weekend... going' big.

I've done a three batch, 15 gallon total day once. It was a nightmare! I had 10 guys at the house at the time teaching them how to home brew and the Russian imperial stout sparge stuck! Had to scoop grain and wort out and filter it through a biab bag. Lessons were quickly learned on that day lol.

Just got 4 vials of WY 005 to brew a pale ale this weekend. It'll probably be a smash due to the ingredients list. Looking forward to it as I haven't brewed in quite a number of months.

I've done a three batch, 15 gallon total day once. It was a nightmare! I had 10 guys at the house at the time teaching them how to home brew and the Russian imperial stout sparge stuck! Had to scoop grain and wort out and filter it through a biab bag. Lessons were quickly learned on that day lol.
sounds like a nightmare - with an audience, to boot. ugh. i'm not doing all three in one day, i'll be brewing the stout and the half-batch smash on saturday and the blond on sunday. hopefully that'll make things a tad more manageable.

Doing two batches this weekend.

Fullers ESB Clone and a Blue Moon clone for swmbo.

First all grains of the year, breaking in the new Mashtun.

Going with 6gal each of a Robust Porter (coffee & vanilla in the secondary, i think) and Cuffs & Collar Blonde (split into 2 fermenters, one with Kolsch yeast and the other with Cal Ale V). My Pale Mild seems to be wrapping up, so I'll move it to the 70F closet to warm up and finish for a week.

SWMBO liked my APA so much that she wants me to do it again! Expecting efficiency to be better this time, but not reducing the grain bill. It will just have to be a bigger beer this time. Oops!

Isn't that what the weekend is for????? I have a pale/amber to bottle and am going to whip up a copper ale clone. And probably dip into my remaining stash of Fistful of Simcoe IIPA.

'Bout to whip up a batch of Midwest's Honey Weizen (extract) for our summer drinking pleasure. AG house ESB's on deck for tomorrow! :rockin:

Both sound good to me!

This Memorial weekend is all about party-gyle for me!
First runnings will be a spin on Warsteiner Dunkel with 2 row as the base and ale yeast instead of lager, and second runnings will be an amber(ish) ale that I'll toss a little Maris Otter into to raise the OG a tad bit and gain a bit of biscuit flavor..

:mug:

Think im going with a Honey ale. 1# for a 1.6 gal batch. Based on midwest supplies Honey Ale.Probably doing last minute addition with it.Heating it to 90 or so with water after primary sounds tempting but ill stick with a late additon i think.May as well prime with honey as well.

Think im going with a Honey ale. 1# for a 1.6 gal batch.Probably doing last minute addition with it.Heating it to 90 or so with water after primary sounds tempting but ill stick with a late additon i think.May as well prime with honey as well.

Did you ever make a coconut brew? My coconut brown is just coming around in the bottle, and it has a great coconut backnote to it! ABV was higher than I expected, and I think the coconut would benefit from a lower ABV. I'm going to try again with a smaller grain bill. I'm thinking the sugar in the coconut contributed more than I expected it would...

Back