So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No brewing but I'm bottling 6 gallons of hoppy brown and doing a keggle conversion - the next step towards double batches. :ban:

Did a repeat batch of Mirror Pond Ale this morning starting at 4:30am :( Had to start so early because I wanted to ski today. :)

Have four beers "in progress": Mirror Pond (in Primary), Pilsner Lager (in Primary), Bell's Two Hearted (conditioning in keg), Cherry Vienna/Wheat (in secondary due to fruit, I usually just secondary/condition in a keg). Trying to get the pipeline super-full!

Brewing with a freind at his place. We each only have a 5 gal pot so we're tag teaming a Belgian Tripel. Two kettles, boiling about 3.5 gallons each. Should be interesting.

Gonna be brewing a batch of yooper's house pale ale this sunday. This will be my first BIAB attempt so I'm hoping it goes well. If it does I plan on getting rid of my cooler MLT / HLT and doing BIAB exclusively

Trying my first recipe creation, 10 gallons of a blonde ale for my sister's birthday. Also just bought a stir-plate so I will be doing starters for the first time as well.

After nearly 2 months off from brewing and work, thanks to cancer surgery, I am back brewing 10 gal of a Black IPA
Warrior, cascade and citra hops

Trying my first recipe creation, 10 gallons of a blonde ale for my sister's birthday. Also just bought a stir-plate so I will be doing starters for the first time as well.

Ah! I almost forgot! I better get my starter ready too. Been a few months since I brewed and I am O-U-T of beer.

I am planning on brewing a clone of La Chouffe on my RIMS system. First time Ill be using my RIMS and conical fermenter, hope it works out well!! Best of luck to all of you guys brewing this weekend too!

First time making a starter from washed yeast and doing either a british ipa or black ipa.Dont know how that british yeast would go in a black ipa though but i really want to make that.Dont know if i have any uk hops left for the british ipa either.Either way both will get made soon.

I filtered 8 gallons of water tonight, have yet to decide if I am making Irish Stout or an English Pale Ale tomorrow

Making our way through a growler of founders red rye from the local grocery. Have all the ingredients to brew up a 10 gallon batch of it in the morning.

Brewed up a Flanders Brown last night...racked off my rodenbach and pitched the brown on that rosalare cake. Its safe to say I have entered the world of sours

will be brewing a IPA with 9 lbs maris otter, 1 lb. munich dark, 1 lb. special roast, and 1 lb. of biscuit. I know i will get a dry beer with this grain bill, was looking for suggestion on a mash temp?

I filtered 8 gallons of water tonight, have yet to decide if I am making Irish Stout or an English Pale Ale tomorrow

Decided on the stout

7#pale ale malt
1# C90
1# Roast
1# Flaked Barley
Mash at 150F for 45 minutes, vorlauf 10 minutes

33 IBU

Wanted something along the lines of Beamish, which I always found a bit smoother and sweeter than Guinness. This will be a bit sweeter still, but should be close to home.

I brew every Friday. Does that count? I did my third batch of. One Putt Twelve IPA with massive mineral adjustments in the water and 4 Oz of Amarillo

Soon as I'm done with my coffee here, I'm brewing up the first all-grain batch of my stout black ale. That's not a "stout" I no longer accept that term to mean dark beer. I now only use it as it was originally intended, to describe any beer of above average strength and/or character. :mug:

Made a starter last week, trying to pitch wild bugs for ginger beer.

Put raisins ginger and leftover cider lees in a big jar with a little water and sugar, shaken well. Fed more ginger and sugar halfway through.

I think I'll put it in my mr beer kit with lemon flesh and zest, more ginger, honey, lme and maybe some hops. All I have on hand is Amarillo. Dunno how that would be.

Brewed an all base malt (12lbs 6-row) with 4oz of random hops. Half gallon WLP001 yeast starter. NB app says the SRM is 4.2, very light, and I should get about %6 ABV. Contemplating adding a little oxygen and dextrose periodically to the secondary. Kegging up a Dry hopped Dusseldorf today. Force carb should be ready to enjoy in a few days.

My BIAB AAA (All Ahtanum Ale) is mashing, about 25 min in @153F (range so far 158-153F), dropping progressively slower. This is also my first time mashing:

AAA (All Ahtanum Ale)
GRAINS/FERMENTABLES
LME 3.3 lb
Pale 7 lb
Lt Munich 2 lb
CaraAmber 1 lb
Grain Total 10 lb

HOPS (via Foampage)
Type Amt. Time AA IBU
Ahtanum 2 oz @60min 5.2 33
Ahtanum 1 oz @20m 5.2 15
Ahtanum 1 oz @5min 5.2 4
Total 4 oz 52

Yeast:US-05 Packet

[pasted from Excel, formatting stinks, sorry]

After pitching I'll make a starter for my "Tripel/Double," which I shall brew tomorrow, as well as bottle my porter!:mug:

Still time to change the hop amounts if anyone has suggestions- while I have a lb of those boogers, a few couple/ounces will be used of the beer tomorrow.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be "brew day". I have two AHS kits ready to go; A TWR DIPA (Texas Wildfire Relief, Double IPA) and a Holiday ale (which I should' ve brewed about 2 months ago). I'm leaning towards the Holiday ale, just so it's not too far removed from the "Holiday" for which it was intended. I also have to bottle 10 gallons of a starter vs. no starter battle royale.
I was listening to the radio today and I heard the DJs refer to St. Paddy's Day as, the SP'sD holiday "season". Does that make it the 5th. season? Maybe that's something Guinness is trying to promote here in the states. Along with the "Great Guinness Toast".

Making a traditional bock on Monday using double decoction. Yeast starter tomorrow! I plan on laggering for 12 weeks so it's ready for my birthday at the end of may!!
15# Munich
10# Vienna
1# caramunich
.5# carafa 1

Perl and tet hops.

Wish me luck!!!

Brewed a RyePA this afternoon...less than 4 hours later, air lock is already bubbling away. Had a pretty massive starter for this one. Hoping I can get a better than average attenuation and dry it out despite overshooting my mash temp.

Going to be brewing with my wild harvested yeast. I'm a bit worried as the starter I made with the first bit that I caught took almost two weeks to start fermenting. But we'll see.

Brewed a 5 gallon extreme brewing book ginger saison. Used white labs American farmhouse for the yeast. I also am set up 1st time with a swamp cooler set up but I've got an aquarium heater in it with a small water pump just to move the water a little bit. Trying to hold 70 degrees and then I'll bump it up to 72 in a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back