So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing an APA with Maris Otter, Columbus hops (emphasis on late additions), and Wyeast 1098, British Ale.

It'll be the ninth batch of beer in my brewing career, my sixth all-grain batch, and the first re-brew of a style I've brewed previously.

I picked up a few ounces of U.S. Sorachi and may try to make an APA with that. Any suggestions for a hop schedule? I was thinking of using Cascade or Centennial for a bittering hop.

just mashed in about 25 minutes ago. my target temp was 152 but it ended up being 149 somehow. Oh well, this will be a dry IPA lol

Ready to brew again, probably later tonight or tomorrow. In my primary I've got a Mirror Pond Ale clone which is ready to move to keg/secondary. Since I'm so cheap, I would like to re-use the US-04 yeast cake for another recipe. I've got a bunch of grains, different hops, so how about a suggestions for something to try. My recent brews (since I re-started brewing in July) are:
California Commons - Extract Kit
Blue Balls (Blue Moon) Clone - Extract Kit + mods on my own
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone - All Grain
Victory Hop Devil Clone - All Grain
Red Rocket Ale Clone - All Grain
Mirror Pond Ale Clone - All Grain

I've been doing a lot of clone recipes as a way to measure my process and progress against a known taste, that is I can go out and buy some bottles to compare it to.

I'm not much of a Stout or super-high alcohol guy, but I do like just about anything else! (Anything up to 8% of so is ok.)
Thanks!

I'm brewing an Arrogant Bastard rip off. Going to be using the 90% barley, 10% Crystal 120L grain bill that some have said is correct. We'll see where it gets me. (13.5# Maris Otter, 1.5# Crystal 120)

Hopping with Chinook only as I have a ton of it from bulk buy, need to take that supply down.

I'm going to try out the Wyeast Northwest Ale 1332. First time with it, again, we'll see where it get's me. I'll make the starter once I leave work...:p
From Wyeast website:
One of the classic ale strains from a Northwest U.S. Brewery. It produces a malty and mildly fruity ale with good depth and complexity.
Origin:
Flocculation: high
Attenuation: 67-71%
Temperature Range: 65-75° F (18-24° C)
Alcohol Tolerance: approximately 10% ABV

Hopefully this results in a nice amber to red colored ale with a strong hop bite and finish, while still being quiet quaff-able.

Yayyy beer! :tank:

For the first time in about 8months i am brewing my Mild in the morning! good to back in the swing of things!

SD

I'm brewing a Best Bitter and live tweeting it @Tom_Ayers. This is my last batch on my propane system before I make the switch to electric....at least I hope it is. If I drink faster than I build I may have to pump another one out.

Tomorrow night: Saturday, October 22nd:

Draconian Libations': Set the Snow Afire

1.075 OG
100 IBU
14.2 SRM
8.3% ABV

77.9% Maris Otter
14.7% Vienna
03.7% English Crystal 120
03.7% English Crystal 60

Magnum to bitter
and a monster charge of a blend of El Dorado, Chinook, and Fuggles Hops. (Dry hopping with the same hops)

White Labs WLP001 Cal Ale!

Christmas IPA baby!

vorlaufing an irish red right now, though my LHBS ran out of roasted malt. i subbed with an oz of black so i'm hoping it's not an irish brown...

Hopefully I will be brewing an AG pumpkin ale. Guess I need to start roasting the pumpkin....

Just doughed in for an Agave Wheat. It's one of our house favorites!

image-1833871602.jpg

On a total whim, I decided to do a sweet stout Sunday night. Got the starter going Friday night.

I'll be brewing? Well mixing up my very first mead. Its a peach mead. Never had mead before. But come november im brewing an Coconut Porter and then a pumpkin or hefe havent decided. Brew on my fellow brewers

:rockin:

Brewing up an English brown ale starting a bit later today. Got my starter going on the stir plate (made that last night) so I'll be good to go. Also going to be my first batch using the regulator with a flow meter on the O2 tank to oxygenate my wort.

Just finished cleaning up from my first all grain. Brewed up 5 gallons of a vienna lager. Looks like I came within a point or 2 on my gravity. Only real mistake I had was when I was rinsing out the starter container I dumped the stirbar in the garbage disposal.

Kegged up a five gallon batch of Hoppy Amber to start the day and currently cooling a Brewers Best Milk Stout kit to go into the primary.

Wheee...two in one evening. I decided at 6:30pm to just go for it.

I used whirlflock for the first time and did a cold crash much more efficiently than I usually do, and I also stirred the wort in a circle and let it sit till it was still. The wort was CLEAR! when I siphoned it from the pot to the carboy. :D I'm a happy girl. I can't believe what a difference it made.

So, I did a "cream ale" (which really isn't a cream ale, I'm not sure why it was called that) which is a low IBU beer with lactose added. I'm going to put a vanilla bean in there after it's done fermenting. It's kind of just a weird batch, I have no idea if it'll taste like beer. Hopefully more like un-sweet cream soda (I'm not a big soda drinker mostly because it's so sweet). The other was an Irish red.

Hopefully next weekend I'll get to the pumpkin ale.

About 15 minutes into the mash of my Magnum/Simcoe/Amarillo IPA. Also gonna get a nice big starter going on some WLP007 for a couple of upcoming brews, and will be DH'ing a DIPA I've had sitting around for a while.

I'm doing my first partial mash later today. An oatmeal stout from brewing classic styles.

My 6th beer.

Finally got to taste my first beer this week and it is still a little under carbed but tastes very good.

Im going to be making my first original recipe today. Its a little like a Kolsch style, and hopefully will work out great. I plan on mostly doing original recipes for awhile so I can start adjusting them and get a better feel for ingredients.

Back