So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping to bottle the Greenbelt Pale Ale on Saturday after I get back from the reserves. This way I have a fermenter freed up to make an American Pale Ale on 9/11. I'm gonna call it Jaybird's Pale Ale after a FDNY buddy of mine whose birthday is 9/11.:mug:

Finishing up a Scottish ale now that I will rack in the secondary with buttershops and crown. Made it last year and was a big hit

iceman1407

Brewing a Sorachi Ace single-hopped Pale Ale tomorrow for all the people that helped me build my single-tier system. A few guys helped me source kegs, one helped with the design, one got me the steel, one let me use his welder, one signs the paychecks that paid for all of it, a few just asked about it every time I saw them, and a few other did odds and ends things that helped. I've got lots to sample. Two IPA's, a Scottish 70/-, Belgian Golden Strong, and one or two beers from previous batches.

Finished my first partial mash recipe tonight. A Belgian Dubbel using Wyeast Trappist High Gravity that I had harvested from my Patersbier extract from last month. I pitched the whole starter and neglected to account for the extra volume. Now I expect a decent blow off. The tube is already installed!

Moving a dry Irish stout to secondary, giving a pumpkin ale a shot this weekend. Hopefully the recipe is solid, it seems kinda light on the pumpkin compared to some I've seen. I'm ok with that, I'd rather err on the side of beer taste rather than pumpkin pie.

Finally got around to doing an All Grain Victory Hop Devil clone originally scheduled for Labor day weekend. I think I can be patient on this one as my kegalator is full with three others in various states of fullness and a SNPA clone in a secondary (actually a keg) being conditioned.

I did my weekend brew yesterday, which is a Belgian pale ale.The partial mash session went off without a hitch and the airlock was chattering away by the time I wet to bed. Either today or tomorrow I will bottle my Boston Ale clone.

Just waiting on the wort!

ForumRunner_20110910_123422.jpg

Finally got my Pumpkin Ale brewed today and have the ingredients for a batch of my Deadly Dunkle for tomorrow. Pulled my Oktobefest out of the cooler at the LHBS, Tasty stuff that. Tomorrow while brewing the dunkle I will rack off all 4 batches of mead and finish a wine I have in the carboy. Mybe even bottle the apfelwein I have going.

Brewing up an Irish Red Ale tomorrow. And starting the dry hopping of my 5gallon Pale Ale with 2 ounces of cascade. Anyone have an idea how long I should dry hop for?

Brewed an english mild yesterday (biab 5g batch) that I'm using the Wyeast 1768 ESB Private Collection on, and plan to brew an ESB next week that I'll rack onto the yeast cake.

Today I have a 10g batch planned on the old 3-vessel system - doing a Robust Porter that I will split and add pumpkin spices to one of, in the primary.

Was going to do a Fallen IPA in honor of the fallen. A $500 car repair put a damper on that so it will have to wait a week. If you brew today please raise a glass to the hero's lost on this tragic day.

Just finished mashing in for my Irish Red. Happy to say that on my first BIAB I nailed the mash temp on the nose. Strike at 158, mash at 152.

Did a 7.5 gal batch of our flake crazy ale yesterday and a 15 gal. batch today.

Also bottled 5 gal of Centennial Pale Ale and 5 gal. of English Amber Ale

Finally got around to brewing with my new 10 gallon system. Because of the way it is setup I also had to do my first batch sparge which worked out quite well as far as I can tell. Hit all my numbers pretty well, but ended up being a little more efficient than I thought it would be. Brewed a Kolsch with a starting gravity of 1.050, was shooting for 1.047. I think it was more of a volume control though, probably could have added some water to the fermenter but I didn't bother.

Just finished brewing my Jack D'or-inspired "Saison Fuerte" -- Everything went pretty well and I managed to hit all the numbers. Pitched at 75f. I'm really hoping my harvested yeast performs well enough ... and that I'm able to harvest some directly from the cake this time.

Was hoping to bottle my Scottish caramel ale so I can transfer my Belgian pale so I can brew a stout but it hasn't settled enough, running low on patience ha ha

I will be brewing NB's American Rye Ale. I hope I like is as I have never had a rye beer.:mug:

wow, you need to try a Bear Republic hop rod ale or founders red ryepa, and my rye pa #2, they are really good.:drunk:

Brewing another 10g of Centennial Blonde on Monday unless I score some overtime. Actually I should call it Crystal Blonde because I ran out of Centennial and replaced with 2X of crystal, and it tastes awesome!

Tripel brew weekend: Chile Beer, Dubbel and IPA.

Start at seven end at five. End with a great dinner.

Sunday bottling day.

Nothing. Ahhh.think ill enjoy taking a road trip 200 mile round trip to get some dogfish,floyds and whatever elese i find that i cant usually get,what a vacation/b-day treat.

Entering my witbier and Belgian strong golden tomorrow in my first competition... Bottling my pumpkin ale on Saturday and hopefully brewing an imperial IPA on Sunday.

Latest posts

Back