So when is Samichlaus in its prime?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han_Solo

Reaction score
I found a few 2010 bottles on a shelf at the local Bevmo and bought 2 of them. A few months earlier I bought 2 of the 2012 bottles and tried one. I wasn't impressed with the 2012 bottle but I thought the 2010 bottle was excellent. I saved the second bottle from each year with the intention of letting them mature before drinking them.

What I'm wondering is, how long can I keep it in the bottle before the aging starts to have a negative impact on the brew? I plan on going back to get a few more from each year so that I can taste them each side by side once or twice a year.

I had a 1996 last year in 2012 and it was in my top 5 maybe top 3 beers of all time. Ridiculously good, nearly a religious experience. Not a specific answer to your question but you can certainly put some age on it if stored properly.

MidTNJasonF said:
I had a 1996 last year in 2012 and it was in my top 5 maybe top 3 beers of all time. Ridiculously good, nearly a religious experience. Not a specific answer to your question but you can certainly put some age on it if stored properly.

Wow that's incredible. I can only imagine

Back