So what is your proudest Black Friday purchase?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojacques

Reaction score
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday over, how about we share our proudest deal purchase?

I'll start.

1$ for one pound of Cascade - Pellets. Wouuuuh.

If we are going strictly beer/brewing all I got was 4 bottles of Boubon County - 3 2016's 1 2015... and yea I know Inbev is the devil, but it's still tasty.

Outside that, got the wife a new phone at bestbuy that came with 450 bucks worth of giftcards, which got me a new xbox one S, a drone, and some stuff for her christmas. That'll go well with the 4k tv i picked up online too :)

Well, lets see... The new grainfather I ordered this weekend that came with a free IPA kit, the 7.1 cubic foot freezer I got to build my kegerator, the new ball lock kegs I ordered at $45 apiece with free shipping, and all the grain and hops supplies I ordered at 15% off for several batches I want to do... :ban:

craft-beer-advent-calendar.gif

Got a new pair of running shoes from a local running store in order to burn off all the beer I brew/drink. Had about 800 miles on my current pair.

A pound of Cascade pellets and a pound of Centennial pellets for $5 each :)

I had the day off from work. Instead of going to the store, I "purchased" some free time for myself and spent most of the day outdoors. I went up in my woods, cut some dead trees, cleared some brush, and felt better after a day of fresh air, exercise, and a feeling that I actually accomplished something.
I celebrated sundown with a pint of home brewed chocolate stout.
And after dinner, sample some of my "cider nouveau" (this year's cider) which was better than I expected after only 4 weeks.
Pretty good deal, I think.

I really wanted the Grainfather but am very happy to have saved $800........

Nothing. I tend to find better deals throughout the year.

I seriously doubt that I will find anything better, I could not make myself pull the trigger. I have an all grain system, and can brew smaller batches on the stove.

I am also looking at relocation so the $$ could become important.

I hope I can find something similar when I get settled in a new location.

I don't shop on Black Friday. Haven't bought anything for Christmas since before Thanksgiving.

Back