So I had a beer out last night...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
Went to a restaurant last night because my wife wanted a cheeseburger. They had a card on the table for a special for $1 off several imports. I ordered a Newcastle Brown Ale and it was ok. Got the bill at the end from the waitress. $4.75 for the beer, even with the $1 off! Jeez. I probably could have gotten a martini or a manhattan for about the same price. They are getting $5.75 for that stuff at regular prices? I think I'll just stay home for awhile and stick to my own stuff.

Generally speaking I never pay more than $3/pint and usually it's $2.50. Just a matter of knowing where to go and what night. Sometimes I have to break the rule when I'm in unfamiliar territory or for a high abv beer.

I think Newcastle Brown Ale is pretty good beer when comparing it to the other brands they offer. Some of the places I go for business are getting a lot more then $5.75 I paid as high as $12.00. It's unbelievable that people are willing to pay that much for so little.

vanman250

whats even more annoying is im in austin and they call shiner an import at some places its like i can damn near hit the brewery with a stone and they call it an import i dont mind when they call it a premium (even though its not)

andrew

I'm sure we all brew beer better than you can get out on the street, and for about 60 to 70 cents per beer. The beer gods have blessed the home brewer.

Beermaker said:
Ever buy a beer for a topless dancer at the bar?:eek:

HELL NO!!! when i heard that its 10 to 15 bucks for a "fruit drink" for the bimbo's i was like "if your thirsty go get a glass of water" i'll stuff dollars and 5's with the best of em, but if i'm paying 15 bucks for fruit juice, i better be getting more than a lap dance i'm tellin ya!!!

justbrewit said:
HELL NO!!! when i heard that its 10 to 15 bucks for a "fruit drink" for the bimbo's i was like "if your thirsty go get a glass of water" i'll stuff dollars and 5's with the best of em, but if i'm paying 15 bucks for fruit juice, i better be getting more than a lap dance i'm tellin ya!!!

Ahhhh. It's pudding time, children!

Newcastle brown is nothing special i agree - But it could be worse. At least you've tried it and you didn't need to buy a topless dancer one at that price too!;)

Though it might not be 6 for a pitcher, brothers in milwaukee has any tap for 1.50 on tuesdays, and they have a decent beer selection, I go about every other week. Plus if you go early enough HAPPY HOUR 2-1. 75 cent taps nice.

hey ditter

You know about that new brewpub on National Ave (HWY ES) just north of Big Bend? It's called Longnecks and just east of the intersection of HWY 164 and HWY ES. ANYWAY I went there the other night figuring it was a Friday so I would try the fishfry and maybe have a couple decent beers . . . . . .

To make a long story short, dont go for the fish and THEY DIDNT HAVE A SINGLE BEER THEY MAKE TO BE SERVED!!!! Who the F*** opens a brewpub b4 they have any of THEIR brew ready?

I dont think I'll be going back either. It's no smoking (no smoking bars are just retarded, eat this food thats bad for ya, drink this alchohol thats not particularly good for ya, sit on your arse and dont excersize, BUT FOR GAWDS SAKE DONT SMOKE), which is their right, but the food wasnt that great, it's a bit of a drive for me now since I moved out of Big Bend and into the city, service was just ok, and the "no brew ready" thing just tweeked me to no end.

I dont think they'll be around that long, 2-3 years TOPS unles they make some SERIOUS changes. There are too many GREAT options around here for them to compete with Delafield Brewhouse, Milwaukee Ale House, Water Street Brewery, Rock Bottom Brewery, Onopa Brewing . . . and thats just Milwaukee and Waukesha counties.

Back