Smells really nice looks bad should I dump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Smells like a citrus IPA looks like a sweater. I tasted some from underneath and tastes surprising good so I assume bottle ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396922480.847029.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

There'd be precious little drinkable brew if every batch got dumped based on fermenting aroma ;)

I see nothing that time and a solid cold crash won't deal with nicely...

Cheers! :mug:

Er, I think it's the "looks like a sweater" part that's giving the OP pause. IPAs aren't supposed to be hairy. CPAs maybe, but IPAs, no way. OP, we need a more focused pic. If you've got a "hairy" beer, you may, indeed, have a problem.

If you do have an infected batch, I'd advise against bottling. You'll get bottle bombs. No two ways about it.

If it tastes good, bottle it. Just pay attention to carb level. Check one after a week or 3-4 days if you're worried. And keep "checking" (drink) them often. If you start to get over-carbed or gushers. Have a party or dump them, your call.

Plus one above, go ahead and bottle it but monitor the carbonation thru sampling.

Once it is nicely carbonated, keep all the bottles as cold as possible to thwart any continued growth. Cold is key IMO.

Latest posts

Back