Small kegs - clear beer? Advice Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Reaction score
Evening All.

I'm researching small kegs, cornie's are not an option at the moment, and I'm undecided between the Tap a Draft and 5L mini kegs.

I like clear beer, my guts don't take kindly to too much yeast, as I understand it both these systems feed the tap from a tube at the bottom and that's right in the yeast sludge :(.

Can either of these systems provide clear beer from a naturally carbonated brew?

How are they with forced carbonation?

If you have used them please comment, I don't want to make a costly mistake.

Many Thanks. Aamcle

Checkout Williams brewing, they have a small 1.7 gallon corny style keg. I bought one and was very impressed with size and quality. This thing would fit in my fridge if I wanted to. I bought it for tailgating, bbq's, etc.

You can force carbonate with the tap-a-draft but not the minikegs.

I have the t-a-d system but have never naturally carbonated with it.

corny kegs pull from the bottom of the keg as well

minimize the amount of yeast you transfer by cold crashing and racking carefully. let the keg rest at serving temps for a few-several days after transferring to let the yeast/sediment fall to the bottom and most of it should come out in the 1st pour

Back