Small Diameter Gas Line Ideas/Issues?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdc7897

Reaction score
Hey there,

Just getting back into homebrewing after probably a year or more absence. In any case I just put my first new batch into the kegerator and had to spruce it up a bit. A friend of mine was about to throw away an old solid brass perlick two faucet tower and I had him redirect it to my garage. Cleaned up nice too. So now with a two faucet setup I took the two regulator gas system i had already and i was in business....except the hole in the back of my kegerator is only big enough for one gas line, and right now i have the temp probe from my temp controller going through it.

For now I just put the tank and regs in the kegerator. There is just enough room for 2 cornies and the gas rig. After a few test beers (maybe a few too many) I started to think back on my paintball days and the macroline we would use on our paintball markers. They were 1/4" OD and handled the high pressure required for the guns (around 250psi if I recall correctly). Not incredibly flexible but they used push connectors (think like sharkbite) and there were straights, 90's and swivel fittings. Just curious if anyone on here had any experience with smaller diameter pneumatic line or something that would allow me to run two gas lines and a temp probe through a hole sized for one 5/16 gas line. The only concerns I can think of would be temperature ratings and flow rate but I suppose you shouldn't need much flow to pour a pint and as long as it can hold between 12 and 35 psi its probably good to go. Thoughts?

Evabarrier is 8mm OD. I have it run for my gas and liquid lines.

Thanks Marc, I'll look into that. The hole has a little bit of wiggle room with a 5/16 ID gas line and I think its 9/16 OD on that hose. 8mm is roughly 5/16 so two of them may just barely fit. If I'm lucky there will be enough room above or below them to fit the probe as well.

Hey there everyone. I hate it when a thread goes unresolved so I wanted to chime back in say that Marc1's advice was spot on. The 5/16 passthrough in my kegerator was big enough for two Evabarrier 8mm lines as well as the probe for my temp controller.

I run my gas and temp probe in through the drain hole in my kegerator. I step it down to a tiny 3mm vinyl line, which was fun to stretch over a standard barb. Works fine.

Latest posts

Back