Silly cbugger pump and BK filter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_kever_kombi

Reaction score
Hi all, silly question.

I got some $$ for Christmas to put toward the purchase of a cbugger pump. I have never used a pump before, it's ways been gravity.

I have a 3 piece SS ball valve with a pick up tube on the inside of BK. I have a piece of silicone tubing cut parallel with the bottom of th kettle. I get very little hop trub into the CFC/fermenter this way, but I do get some.

My question is do I need to add a filter, SS braid or such? Or is aittle bit of trub/break material ok in the pump? Or do I need to go to cone hops and spider set up?

What are you guys running on your set up? (I do outdoor propane if that matters)

Trub and break material is fine without a filter. Just be sure to disassemble the head housing after use to clean out anything left behind. You will need a ball valve on the output side though to control the flow rate. Do not not control the flow from the input side of the pump as it will cause cavitation(pump loses its prime) and possibly damage the pump.

Back