Signing in from Nashville TN area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baunno

Reaction score
I have been visiting this forum for almost a year now and finally decided to "belly on up to the bar" and become a premium member.
I first started brewing about 9 years ago and seriously quit after a few years. I picked it back up again last year and have had mixed results, though I keep plugging away. I brew kit, partial mash due to limited time though I'd like to go all grain in the future.
My tastes are for IPA's, Porters and Stouts. I like hops, hops and more hops!
I do have a blog; Blue Peter Brew Log so check it out!

Anon, Kevin

Welcome! I'm from Tennessee originally and lived in Nashville in the 80s and 90s. Are there any brewpubs or small breweries in Davidson these days?

Oh yea! We have some good ones here.
Big River has been around awhile now down across the river from LP Field.
Blackstone which has some pretty fine beers on West End Ave.
Bosco's is very good, in Hillsboro Village
Yazoo which is my favorite. You have to walk through their brewery to get your growler filled, or pick up kegs.
Pretty amazing that a city the size of Nashville can support 4 microbrews.

Good to hear. I have a vague recollection of Blackstone. My former girlfriend worked for one of the owners there -- they were coming in as I was leaving. I know Bosco's well from Memphis. I'm guessing since you didn't mention them that the Bohannon's have fallen. I still have one of their Market Street Bock shirts, although I've probably outgrown it.

Yazoo which is my favorite. You have to walk through their brewery to get your growler filled, or pick up kegs.

I was at yazoo about a month ago and got to have a few pints of Hop Project 9, not too bad!

Neal

Good to hear. I have a vague recollection of Blackstone. My former girlfriend worked for one of the owners there -- they were coming in as I was leaving. I know Bosco's well from Memphis. I'm guessing since you didn't mention them that the Bohannon's have fallen. I still have one of their Market Street Bock shirts, although I've probably outgrown it.

Yes, Bohannon's bit it about 3 years back.
I figured you would be familiar with Bosco's and all and here is a link to Yazoo if you are interested; Welcome To Yazoo Brewing Company

So, what are you brewing these days?

I was at yazoo about a month ago and got to have a few pints of Hop Project 9, not too bad!

Neal

Hop Project 9 was awesome! Linus sez they will be brewing more hop projects in the future and that is tolerable to me. I do enjoy visiting the tap room most Saturdays.

Yes, Bohannon's bit it about 3 years back.
I figured you would be familiar with Bosco's and all and here is a link to Yazoo if you are interested; Welcome To Yazoo Brewing Company

So, what are you brewing these days?

I'm sorry to hear that. They and Bosco's were my first exposure to microbrew, and I recall really enjoying their Bock.

Just click the link in my sig, and it will show you all my triumphs and not-so triumphs. I've only tried one All-Grain, and the rest are PMs.

Welcome from a fellow Nashvillian! I'm actually down in Franklin.

Bohannon's Bock was about the only decent thing they brewed and by most accounts they needed to go away. Very inconsistent products and not the best on keeping things in stock.

Have you checked out any of the local clubs?

Welcome from a fellow Nashvillian! I'm actually down in Franklin.

Bohannon's Bock was about the only decent thing they brewed and by most accounts they needed to go away. Very inconsistent products and not the best on keeping things in stock.

Have you checked out any of the local clubs?

Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually out in Cheatham county about 35 miles from down town. The the DW works in Brentwood..we do a lot of communting.
I agree with you about Bohannon's..I don't miss them with so many other better breweries in the area.
Local clubs..hhmmmm. We are known to show up at the Yazoo tap room Saturday's and occasionally at Bosco's. When I'm working downtown I frequent the Saucer but other than that nope.

I checked out your pictures...wow! YOU are serious man!!!! :rockin: Puts my little PM brewing to shame. I'm always on the look out for equipment so if you ever upgrade or sell stuff off please let me know okay? These days I'm thinking about a kegging system.

Cheers!

If interested, you should check out the local clubs. Music City Brewers and Antioch Sud Suckers. I belong to ASS and really enjoy it. We are a very laid back club with no dues but some serious brewers. Most of us do AG and will do several bulk grain buys a year. Don't be fooled by the name, most of the guys live in the Brentwood, Bellevue and Vandy areas of town. We've gotten slack lately about the monthly meetings, but I'm sure they will pick back up eventually. You can check out the website for more info (Antioch Sud Suckers).

If interested, you should check out the local clubs. Music City Brewers and Antioch Sud Suckers. I belong to ASS and really enjoy it. We are a very laid back club with no dues but some serious brewers. Most of us do AG and will do several bulk grain buys a year. Don't be fooled by the name, most of the guys live in the Brentwood, Bellevue and Vandy areas of town. We've gotten slack lately about the monthly meetings, but I'm sure they will pick back up eventually. You can check out the website for more info (Antioch Sud Suckers).

Oh, those kind of clubs...duhhhh! :rolleyes: stupid me!
Actually I have checked out the aniochsudsuckers and have considered joining though I've hesitated because of where I live in relation to Antioch. Where do you hold the monthly meetings? I'll check out the website, it'll probably have the answers to my questions.
Thanks!

Well, we are supposed to have them on the second Saturday of the month at 2:30pm at All Seasons. Unfortunately, we haven't been having them the last several months. But if you sign up on the message board, we usually have an alternative up for the meeting day. Last time, it was 2 of the guys getting together and brewing.

Thanks for the welcome Kevin and BioBeing! Like I said in an earlier post I have just hooked up with this forum and look forward to learning a lot, sharing ideas and making new brew friends!
Cheers!!

Well, we are supposed to have them on the second Saturday of the month at 2:30pm at All Seasons. Unfortunately, we haven't been having them the last several months. But if you sign up on the message board, we usually have an alternative up for the meeting day. Last time, it was 2 of the guys getting together and brewing.

I signed up for ASS .. hope it goes through. The meeting time sounds good at All Seasons as the wife and I usually visit Yazoo on Saturday afternoons so the meeting time would work into the schedule for us.

Back