Sierra Nevada Bigfoot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmf143

Reaction score
I pulled out the December issue of BYO which featured Sierra Nevada on the cover as well as 5 clones recipes, one of which is Bigfoot. The grain bill on the clone is 93% 2 row and 7% Crystal 60.

I'm drinking an actual Bigfoot as I type this, and the label on the back boasts that its "brimming with flavor from the massive amounts of roasted malt and spicy hops . . . "

Huh?!? Roasted malt???

Not sure if this is the case, but sometimes people confuse the words 'kilned' and 'roasted'. Certainly C60 is highly kilned, not to the degree of say C80 or 120, of course, but highly kilned none the less. Could be a simple error of the marketing goons that wasn't caught... although, SN is a good company and I would be surprised by a slip like that... so, I guess I dunno LOL

It's just marketing speak....no big deal. I know some people at SN. I'll try to remember to ask them what they think.

Back