shurflow pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordbeer

Reaction score
I recently got a shurflow pump for moving beer. put an outlet valve and 3/8 line to try and slow down flow, but beer is still moving too fast and foaming. any ideas would be appreciated

Im only familiar with the shurflo's from boating and the ones i've dealt with are all rubber vein pumps....that being said if its putting too much out from you, you can make a recirc loop with a valve in the middle.....just install a "T" fitting on the inlet and outlet of the pump with a valve in the middle and you can play with the valve till you get the desired flow rate you want....the rest will be diverted beck to the inlet of the pump... :)

thanks I will give it a try. would the valve be after the t, with one line going back to the out going bucket?

you can do it that way...or install two "T's" one on the inlet and one on the outlet and connect the two together with a valve in the middle.....then to initially prime the pump you have the valve closed like the pump would be in a normal operation with no valve there.....then you open the valve and kill the flow rate as you need it...

Back