Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you provide detail on your control panel?

Only about as well as any electrical retard can.:D. Here's the part I remember and understand: It's 240v, I have 4500 watt elements...because I was impatient and didn't want to ship myself the 5500w ripp elements.. It's the v3 from high gravity, of course the came out with a 50 amp version about 6 months after I bought this one...which runs about 30? Or 28? At startup.. Haven't done the math in a while... Otherwise, locking plugs, spa panel from home depot, PIDs and I love it. I can't read a wiring diagram;) but I can cook like a Martha focker so I just bought it from them.

Ps, they have great customer service and fast shipping. Plus, semi automation is really nice.

Only about as well as any electrical retard can.:D. Here's the part I remember and understand: It's 240v, I have 4500 watt elements...because I was impatient and didn't want to ship myself the 5500w ripp elements.. It's the v3 from high gravity, of course the came out with a 50 amp version about 6 months after I bought this one...which runs about 30? Or 28? At startup.. Haven't done the math in a while... Otherwise, locking plugs, spa panel from home depot, PIDs and I love it. I can't read a wiring diagram;) but I can cook like a Martha focker so I just bought it from them.

Ps, they have great customer service and fast shipping. Plus, semi automation is really nice.

Hey that's great info thanks! I wasn't sure if it was a high gravity or homemade variant.

I don't post much, just sharing some photos of my rig. I designed it as a pilot system for a small brewery, automated as much as seemed practical. HMI is a Red Lion G306, PLC is a Beckhoff CX9000, except for the welding on the frame and kettles, I did all the design & construction work. Propane for the heavy lifting, 2 pumps, electric control valves, electric RIMS for mash temp control, flow meter controls fill volume of kettles, temp control done in software. I've brewed over a hundred batches on this and love brewing on it. Cheers.

2013-07-26 16.11.06.jpg

2013-07-26 16.12.02.jpg

2013-12-02 16.09.57.jpg

2013-09-19 15.30.08.jpg

2013-07-10 12.39.29.jpg

2013-07-26 16.10.35.jpg

This was an easy and very mobile stand project. Two platforms sized to fit specific location. Just use clamps to secure but those are not really needed due to the taper of the ladder keeping the platform from tipping. I put hooks on the side for mash paddle and spoon. Breaks down in a jiffy and packs well for storage. Cheers!

image.jpg

Mostly finished. I've brewed (2) 6 gallon batches on it so far. I have another 15 gallon kettle on the way, so I can move up to 10-12 gallon batches.

A couple of things I haven't finished yet are the gas piping, so I don't have to use two propane tanks, and blue rope lighting under it for additional bling while brewing at night!

20161120_153104_1.jpg

20161115_175429.jpg

This was an easy and very mobile stand project. Two platforms sized to fit specific location. Just use clamps to secure but those are not really needed due to the taper of the ladder keeping the platform from tipping. I put hooks on the side for mash paddle and spoon. Breaks down in a jiffy and packs well for storage. Cheers!

Hey Tagcampbell, nice quick portable stand you came up with and great first post! Welcome to the forum! :mug:

John

Thanks. Just added a chugger On a portable pvc stand. This can travel for road brews with little effort. Plus I just used it yesterday to change a lightbulb. Cheers

Hey gang,

I brew primarily extract (bc of time, space, etc) and have seen a ton of extract carts for AG and BIAB. However, I haven't seen anything for extract.

Does anyone have a schematics they'd be willing to share that would house an Anvil burner, propane tank, chugger pump, inline chiller and carboy?

I dont have a creative bone in my body, especially when it comes to DIY or woodworking.

Anything would be helpful!

Thanks!!

Going to throw mine into the mix. This will be a stand for boil in a basket. There is a telescoping arm I can raise with the winch on it to lift my grain basket out of the kettle for boiling. I will add a piece of aluminum diamond plate for the bottom shelf and a piece of stainless for top. I will also mount a water filter and chiller plate on the side as well as my pump under the top.

20170108_142945.jpg

20170108_142936.jpg

Finally got some pumps so I don't have to lift anymore. Dropped my home made 3 tier system into essentially a 1 tier system. Trying the pumps out for the first time today. Wish me luck!

IMG_2278.jpg

Nice rig, I like your darkroom timer! I have one too from back in the film days when I used to develop my own black and white and then later color.

John

My brew stand is always a work in progress. There are still plenty changes to be made or components needing to be added to make it as efficient as possible. But that happens as the budget allows. Since this photo was taken I have now added valves to exhaust the air when priming the system.

16508057_10209047288365425_1369083426383635005_n.jpg

First brew on the new stand! Doing a 10 gallon batch of the Centennial Blonde today. Strike water is just about ready to go.

Plans were taken directly from a thread on AHA. I gave the plans to my wife's employer while she was working in the office at a steel fabrication shop, just to get a quote. Without even giving me a quote, they just went ahead and ordered the steel and started working on it. They only charged me for cost of materials... so I got it for $150 delivered to my house. Deal of a lifetime. There were some things I wanted to add/change, but for that price i'm not complaining.

The HLT currently has an SP10, and the boil side has a BG14. Need to get another BG14 for the HLT, and toss the SP10 onto the mash tun spot. Painted it with the Rust-Oleum high temp glossy BBQ paint. We'll see how it holds up, though i'm fulling expecting it to peel off around the burner mounts.

Still have some work to do though. Mainly getting this thing on casters. The main frame is 2" mild steel tubing, so it has some weight to it. A little overkill, but it's a tank.

16508943_10155072430631323_2795026380005323059_n.jpg

I'm looking for pictures of breweries (brewstands) that are located behind a bar. Wife says I can build a brewery, but we also need a bar area. Looking at it closely, it would be best if I combined the two. Anyone have pictures of breweries that reside behind a bar ? I haven't gone through all 406 pages of this thread...

I'm looking for pictures of breweries (brewstands) that are located behind a bar. Wife says I can build a brewery, but we also need a bar area. Looking at it closely, it would be best if I combined the two. Anyone have pictures of breweries that reside behind a bar ? I haven't gone through all 406 pages of this thread...

do you want to do it with electric NG or Propane?

Have you checked out Kal's site (theelectricbrewery.com)? It's probably more than you're looking for, but might provide some inspiration at least?

FWIW, everyone's creativity and thought they've put into their builds -- totally worth the 406 pages! [emoji482]

Brew stand up and running. It is currently set up for 5 gal batch, using Brutus 20 process, only with gravity feed from MT to BK, and only one pump. I did build it to be expandable to 10 gal three vessel, with an aditional pump and the HLT on the lower level below the MT. Mt control panel is 50A and capable to expand to a second heat stick. It also packs up tight for storage with the heat stick hanging on the side. Built out of 1/2" and 3/8" carbon steel pipe I had laying about. The only cost was the wheels ( Harbor freight cheap), and the welding rod.

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8619.jpg

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8626.jpg

IMG_8631.jpg

Latest posts

Back