Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the tap tower you used and the over ambiance of the setup!

TY. I adquired tower and taps in Alibaba by a really good price. The freezer was tuned with laminated floor and anodized aluminum profiles decorated with studs.
I am happy you like it :)

AB050542-5943-4D17-AB98-83E3CEDDE3CC.jpeg
Ok...made it back up to GA. Here she is.
Sorry...I will get a picture of the actual kegerator next trip. It’s an edge star...nothing fancy View attachment 616154

Here is my three-tap Keezer. Was white freezer but painted black. Oak 2 x 8 for the collar, quick-release connectors inside controlled by Johnson controls View attachment 618954 unit.

I'm digging the can collection. When I was in college (late 60s) it was the goal of many a dorm dweller to collect all of the Schmidt animals.

I settled for cut up six pack holders instead of cans.

117E2991-0212-4B3F-A128-01D4EBFC84E5.jpeg

Outside and inside.
5 Perlick 650's, 3 beer 2 cider.
Space for 8 kegs very comfortably. Although we've talked about moving out the co2 tank and putting a pair of 3gallon kegs where it sits now.

Was a white freezer, painted black.
Riser is 2x6 covered with Cherry 1x7, controlled by an ink bird.
10lbs Co2, dual tap rite so I can carbonate and keep kegs ready to be cycled in.
20190325_183044.jpeg
IMG_20190325_182756.jpeg

6 Taps. Dual pressure manifolds for high and normal pressure dispensing. Interior fan to circulate air. Home made Inkbird controller box. Monitoring temps for over a month with SenSorPush digital wireless devices. Inkbird therm sensor inside a gallon water jug.. Collar tall enough to put lager vessels on hump. Still trying to figure out how to balance out lager temps & dispensing temps.
Siok Keezer Inside Feb 2019.jpg
Siok Keezer Outside 6 Taps with Controller.jpg
Siok Keezer Inside Feb 2019.jpg

Kevin that looks great! JPS3 as well! Go big, or go...just go!
I'm waiting on my Intertap faucets...on back-order from Birdman.
I've seen Johnson Thermostat controllers all wired for about $100...
Anyone have any comments on those...and also how you put the temp probe through/under your collar?
...I also have seen people put the probe in a gallon bottle of water in the keezer...as JPS3 says...?
Thoughts? I guess to get a truer temp of the liquid we are cooling in our keezers!
(Sorry, I'm newer to all this...Still collecting materials and learning)

My ferm chamber, which was my original kegerator, and my keezer. Both hooked up to inkbird 308’s. 3 intertap faucets. Currently on tap are a Two-Hearted clone, a hard lemonade, and a Topo Chico sparkling water clone.

Stickers are a mashup of breweries from Texas, Michigan, Colorado, and random places I’ve traveled.

IMG_5888.JPG
IMG_5890.JPG
IMG_5891.JPG
IMG_5892.JPG

I wasn't expecting to get something this big, but it was a deal i couldn't pass up.

I can't think of a time when I've ever looked back at a homebrew-related purchase a month later and thought "hmm I shouldn't have bought something that large" haha. This addiction, I mean "hobby" only grows!

Now, with a hole saw and some care/bravery and cash, you can add a tower! Think you can squeeze a second Corny in there?
It will for sure hold another (bought one last night :D) I may need to cut off the shelf supports on one side though.
Its under some shelving so if anything i will do door taps.
The only thing that makes me nervous is the cat opening the taps when I am at work. Either need an inline shut off or some self closing taps.

Also its amazing how much more beer I am drinking now that I don't have to bottle anymore.

It will for sure hold another (bought one last night :D) I may need to cut off the shelf supports on one side though.
Its under some shelving so if anything i will do door taps.
The only thing that makes me nervous is the cat opening the taps when I am at work. Either need an inline shut off or some self closing taps.

Also its amazing how much more beer I am drinking now that I don't have to bottle anymore.
I've been that cat, knocking open a tap accidentally. Something like these locks could protect against kitty hooliganism.

...makes me nervous is the cat opening the taps when I am at work. Either need an inline shut off or some self closing taps...

I went with Intertap flow control faucets for that reason, I didn't want to worry about the cat knocking one open. The little flow control lever will completely stop the flow, so I use it as my secondary shut off.

The line balancing ability of the flow control feature was just a bonus to me. But it works so well I use it that way too. I'm using lines that are shorter than what the calculators and conventional wisdom say I need, and not having any problems with my pours. The flow control is also great for adjusting the flow when filling bottles or growlers.

I've been very happy with those faucets.

LittleRiver, you're right about the benefits of flow control -- incredibly handy for instantly tuning beer flow, and way more agile than adjusting beer line length :) The flow control on my Perlick 650SS faucets only almost completely stops the flow. I'm glad to hear your Intertaps close 100% -- no cat lock needed. Happily, my cat and kegerator don't share space.

LittleRiver, you're right about the benefits of flow control -- incredibly handy for instantly tuning beer flow, and way more agile than adjusting beer line length :) The flow control on my Perlick 650SS faucets only almost completely stops the flow. I'm glad to hear your Intertaps close 100% -- no cat lock needed. Happily, my cat and kegerator don't share space.
And there even better if used as designed with the correct length lines. Cheers

And there even better if used as designed with the correct length lines...

The proof is in the pour. If I'm getting great pours with my lines, they are the correct length.

I use 90deg John Guest fittings on the back of my shanks, which gives some flow resistance. The flow control device in the faucet also seems to also give some amount of resistance, even when wide open. I'm able to use lines that are about 7ft and get great pours with the flow control lever wide open. The calculators and conventional wisdom say my lines need to be about 12 feet long.

Having shorter lines makes it feasible to mount them to inside of the collar in such a way that they're never in the way when switching kegs. That's a big benefit.

Another benefit is better cooling of the lines. I have a fan in the bottom of the keezer blowing upward. The well separated lines get great airflow around them, much better than if I'd used longer lines, coiled them up, and stuffed them somewhere.

IMG_20190606_172911_231.jpg

The proof is in the pour. If I'm getting great pours with my lines, they are the correct length.

I use 90deg John Guest fittings on the back of my shanks, which gives some flow resistance. The flow control device in the faucet also seems to also give some amount of resistance, even when wide open. I'm able to use lines that are about 7ft and get great pours with the flow control lever wide open. The calculators and conventional wisdom say my lines need to be about 12 feet long.

Having shorter lines makes it feasible to mount them to inside of the collar in such a way that they're never in the way when switching kegs. That's a big benefit.

Another benefit is better cooling of the lines. I have a fan in the bottom of the keezer blowing upward. The well separated lines get great airflow around them, much better than if I'd used longer lines, coiled them up, and stuffed them somewhere.

View attachment 630035
If you get great pours without needing the flow control your systems working properly. If you need to use the flow control regularly to get a good pour your systems unbalanced The calculators won't compensate for the plumbing connectors. Cheers

Dang, LR, that's incredibly tidy and organized. Things get a bit wild and tight under the tower of my Kegco mini-fridge -- it helps to coil some slack with Velcro ties, but is annoying when swapping one of the back two kegs. I'm inspired by your achievement to seek improvement, even in my very limited space.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 143
Back