Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about the mini fridge, but I know there are many that use them. I've always just found them on CL. I picked up an old vintage stand up fridge for free off there, it was HEAVY, but just needed to be cleaned up a bit. Search all different variations of refrigerator, fridge, freezer, and chest/deep freezer. For $100 you should have no issues finding anything, and if you keep an eye on it for a week or so, you could probably catch an even better deal.

Now lets see some more kegerators/keezers!

they said it couldn't be done... you can't get the parts in europe....
i know it's got nothing on some of the beautiful, amazing, clever and ingenious kegerators/keezers posted by some of you, but it's mine and it dispenses my beer!! i feel like the proud parent of the slowest kid in the class...

but what a pain, ordering parts in usa, having them shipped by a friend, getting them stopped at customs and having to pay ridiculous import duty, paying 4x too much for cornys in europe.... but hey check out the enamel inlay mayan figurine tap handles my father made! now that it's functional it will get a sprucing up- paint job and maybe some wood paneling... depends on what base level of insobriety i sustain, with stout and draught cider one room away

3erfs.jpg

28hh1dt.jpg

sg5vsg.jpg

Finished up my kegerator earlier this month. Just today fixed the first problem (hopefully). The coils on the AC were freezing up. A little damp rid and some continuously running computer fans should do the trick though...I hate that the mirrors don't photograph well though. If anyone has any tips, I'll update this with better pics.

5156-finished-wlights.jpg

5157-finished-wolights.jpg

Finished up my kegerator earlier this month. Just today fixed the first problem (hopefully). The coils on the AC were freezing up. A little damp rid and some continuously running computer fans should do the trick though...I hate that the mirrors don't photograph well though. If anyone has any tips, I'll update this with better pics.

5156-finished-wlights.jpg

5157-finished-wolights.jpg

For a minute there I thought it was a Mesa/Boogie amplifier. Nice work, it's a beauty!:mug:

For a minute there I thought it was a Mesa/Boogie amplifier. Nice work, it's a beauty!:mug:

Thanks for the props all. The amp on the keg-o-vision is a rockford fosgate (I know, you were talking the whole thing, but I thought it was funny there was actually an amp on it, so I had to show it off). It's near the middle of the picture. It's tiny but works well. :rockin:

4255-finalizedwiring.jpg

Kegerator and fermentation chamber (fermenting Rye IPA). I keep one keg of homebrew and one craft beer on tap (currently Great Divide Rumble IPA). I keep all my hops in the freezer and yeast in the kegerator above the kegs so this unit serves double duty. May not be as cleaver as some, but it works for me!

Kegerator and Fermentation Chamber 002.jpg

I have looked through this whole thread over the last few days. I must say there are some impressive builds. I am planning a keezer build and my head is full of ideas. Thanks guys.

This was fun to make. I have zero skills, so this is an example of "if there is a will there is a way". I love my keezer and all those who stop by think it is great! A table saw should have been used, but I was not ready to buy one just for this. 5cf and I can fit 4 5gal kegs in there because of the height addition. Yes, it is a pain to lift a full keg up and over, but all keezer builds are a give and take. I wanted 4 to fit, and I got it. :) Here are a few shots.

IMG093 - small.jpg

IMG107 - small.jpg

IMG309 - small.jpg

IMG_20110815_175518 - small.jpg

IMG_20111018_234854 - small.jpg

Well, after looking at all the amazing Keezers on here I decided to make one to replace my original kegerator that only fit 1 keg. I borrowed a lot from the everyone and couldn't have done it without everyone's great posts. I decided to keep the build simple and functional and I think it turned out great considering I am a novice at building things. I did not modify or drill into the original freezer in any way so it can be converted back with little effort. Hope you enjoy!

My 4 faucet Keezer with Perlicks and magnetic drip tray
p1050351i.jpg

Custom Drip Tray Front
p1050354c.jpg

Custom Drip Tray Back (Rare earth magnets from hard drives covered in electrical tape for added grip)
p1050360t.jpg

Top opens for quickly changing psi or to grab a bottle of beer
p1050355z.jpg

Collar also opens to allow for changing out kegs and avoiding hitting any shanks
p1050357j.jpg

Here is my Dad's Pet project. He is going to start brewing this spring and he doesn't want to bottle. This will also give him the ability to serve commercial kegs as well .

IMG00128-20111007-2153.jpg

IMG00129-20111007-2153.jpg

IMG00130-20111007-2153.jpg

IMG00131-20111007-2153.jpg

IMG00132-20111007-2154.jpg

Barhoc 11,

Looks nice and clean - what did you use for the second set of hinges?
Thanks in advance

Thanks, I followed LTownGarageBrewery's build with some slight modifications. In order to avoid having to shim out the hinges and get a little better insulation I used 2x8 wood. This makes the collar a little thicker and allows you to get a cleaner look without shims.

To answer your question without looking through the link below, I used standard door hinges and drilled through them to line up with the existing holes for the lid.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/another-keezer-thread-ge-7-0cf-156385/

Couldn't have done it without his guide, it was very easy and took more time to paint the collar than it was to build.

True Barback cooler with one side converted to kegerator, part of a bar build i am doing in my garage. No homebrew right now, but i just had to test it out.
bar1.jpg

dcafb0c2.jpg

bar2.jpg

NICE! just saw a clearance issue with standards.

my drip tray I bought may fit that space with about 2" of over hang... let me find out where it came from...

i started with a 1959 ge and transformed it into this. My favorite piece is the custom shifter handle.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

many great kegerators here. Thanks for letting me into your midst...

Wow, that is some handle! No chance of a sticking faucets there. I like it.

finished mine last night. well, until i get more kegs and need more faucets. still working on paint. think i'm going to spray it gloss black with applicance paint, then airbrush my logo on it, and paint a strip of chalkboard paint above the taps
PhotoNov0293233PMHDR.jpg

PhotoNov02111211PMHDR.jpg

PhotoNov02111223PMHDR.jpg

looks like you could fit 6 cornies in there! might have to sacrifice the shelving on the door though. What paint color are you going with?

looks great!

also, thank you for not photographing the shiney reflective fridge in the nude, yesterday I was looking at kegerator pictures on google images and one of them had been taken by a portly gentleman wearing nothing - which I could see reflected from the flash on his high gloss kegerator.

NICE! just saw a clearance issue with standards.

my drip tray I bought may fit that space with about 2" of over hang... let me find out where it came from...

That probably won't do. I can't have anything protruding from the door. It will certainly get bashed.

looks like you could fit 6 cornies in there! might have to sacrifice the shelving on the door though. What paint color are you going with?

looks great!

also, thank you for not photographing the shiney reflective fridge in the nude, yesterday I was looking at kegerator pictures on google images and one of them had been taken by a portly gentleman wearing nothing - which I could see reflected from the flash on his high gloss kegerator.

hahahaha. that'd be a horrible thing to come across.

still been thinking really hard about the paint. When i was at home depot yesterday picking up some spray insulation and a 1 inch bit, i looked around the spray paint section, and didn't really find anything i liked, so I figured i would spray it black, and then go from there.

i'll probably keep it as is until spring, and hopefully by that point i'll have more kegs and faucets and have an idea of what direction i want to go.

I'm also having a couple tap handles made by a lady in my jeep club, so i'm trying to come up with a cool design.

Just finished this up. Found the old 15cu freezer on Craigslist for free. Painted it black and put a new lid gasket on it. Built an inner collar out of of 1x6 pine and an outer collar from 1x8 oak. Stained and lacquered it. Wired up a love ts2 controller. Have one nitro pour and 3 pearlicks. Will probably expand to 6 taps once cash flows allow. All in all it was an awesome find.. I hope she lasts a while now that I have her all spiffed up. As you can see from the pics I out a lot of work into her. I'm looking forward to years of service!

image-2135174837.jpg

image-2302028872.jpg

image-2345274754.jpg

Just finished this up. Found the old 15cu freezer on Craigslist for free. Painted it black and put a new lid gasket on it. Built an inner collar out of of 1x6 pine and an outer collar from 1x8 oak. Stained and lacquered it. Wired up a love ts2 controller. Have one nitro pour and 3 pearlicks. Will probably expand to 6 taps once cash flows allow. All in all it was an awesome find.. I hope she lasts a while now that I have her all spiffed up. As you can see from the pics I out a lot of work into her. I'm looking forward to years of service!

That looks sweet! Like the stain with the black freezer. I'm planning to put a collar on a freezer I have and had a question. Is there a functional benefit to using the two different sized boards for the collar like you used? I didn't know if it's cosmetic or allows it to seal better or something else ... Thanks!

I have plans to insulate with some 1" foam insulation. Just kinda a pia so ill get to it soon enough.

The collar is mostly cosmetic.

The 3/4" lip hangs down below the edge of the freezer. To build it you need to be very precise, moreso than with a regular collar, so I would highly recommend using a compound miter saw or table saw. The nice thing is that you dont need to permanently anchor the collar to the fridge. If you build it tight enough( but not too tight, I made that mistake, 1/4" can make all the difference), the collar will "slide" firmly into place and the overlapping edge looks awesome. If you do go this route, definitely spend the money on some nice wood and stain/lacquer it. It also hides the weather stripping I used on the bottom of the collar. I am very pleased with the outcome of my keezer and of need be, can be disassembled very easily

Just finished up insulating the collar. All I need to do is weight the lid with some tiles so it shuts properly (the insulation in the lid was replaced by blue foam and a plastic cover which is much lighter than the original) and get a computer fan plugged into the switched outlet. Got my pumpkin ale and chocolate stout cold crashing now gonna keg on Monday probably

image-692049622.jpg

I needed to be able to pour beer at my 40th so decided to make a modified "SULO" bin keg dispenser. We went a little upmarket, and bought an old wine barrel, fitted two taps through the side, and with 4 cornelius kegs, and the CO2 bottle n the middle, packing the rest of the space inside the barrel with ice, we were pouring ice cold brews all day, night and on to the next day. I had brewed 2 kegs of Canadian Blonde, an Australian Pale Ale, and a Cerveza. wasn't much left by the end of the weekend... the fermenter on top dispensed ice cold water for those wanting to space their drinks.

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

Back