Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got some more pics:

dsc01070.jpg

dsc01075jy.jpg

dsc01078g.jpg

Hey CARSONCE
Love the keezer but I think your dog might be possessed? Have you ever brewed anything with the phrase " Hellhound" in it? Seriously tho, great job on the keezer!
Cheers

Here's a shot of mine...
The tap handles are from a 4 pointer we got about 12 years ago.

[IMG="http://www.mainepumpkins.com/images/kegerator1.jpg"]

[IMG="http://www.mainepumpkins.com/images/kegerator2.jpg"]

...Apparently I did something wrong as the images didn't show up...

Here's a shot of mine...
The tap handles are from a 4 pointer we got about 12 years ago.

[IMG="http://www.mainepumpkins.com/images/kegerator1.jpg"]

[IMG="http://www.mainepumpkins.com/images/kegerator2.jpg"]

...Apparently I did something wrong as the images didn't show up...

Here ya go!

kegerator1.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

Thanks, Blue.
Your man cave and keezer are spectacular! Well done indeed.
You have six taps on what looks like a similar-sized keezer. The Frigidaire will hold five kegs max. I'm guessing Magic Chef, no?
Q

Its a 14.8 GE (Big time craigslist score :rockin:) Right now I have 6 cornies and a sixtel of Boston Lager in there with a 10lb tank. I can fit another cornie for conditioning with room on the hump for a primary or secondary.

Thanks for the compliments. :mug:

I'm liking those handles, perfect for a sportsman's kegerator. Do you have that hand pump hooked up? How does it work?

Haven't tried the hand pump yet. We do alot of cask conditioned ales so I threw it on there knowing it would get used. Still working on a method to fabricate a nice looking sparkler head for it.

Man, some of you guys have some incredible set ups.

Here's mine. It's not as fancy, but it was a birthday present from my amazing SWMBO. I'll keep her.

4360482499_9bd3704e91_b.jpg

cant remember if i've posted my setup on here before or not.

this was my first keezer
7951-DSCN0188.JPG

i sold that one about a year ago.

here's the new keezer. it holds 6 cornies. i have five in it, and the sixth corny is for a glycol cooling setup. 20lb co2 tank on the outside of that, hoses running thru the backside of the keezer into the wall, out to the other side of the wall into the bar. this isn't where the keezer sits, this photo was taken when i first built the collar. it's in a closet just outside the bar now.
keezer4.JPG

here's the bar.
DSC_0175.JPG

five perlick faucets behind the bar on my license plate tapbox. BUY PERLICK! my first keezer had the cheapos. they SUCK.
DSC_0162.JPG

LOTS more pictures, and build tracking here. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-bar-build-tracking-my-progress-here-121928/

Chainsaw--is there a reson you wouldn't just buy 14" shanks, tape some pipe insulation around them, and go directly from the collar and through the wall with the shanks? This would allow you to keep the tubing inside the keezer, negating the need for the glycogen cooling system.

I ask this because a friend of mine wants to do something similar with a fridge, and I'd like to just go through the wall with the shank.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I recently finished a small chest freezer conversion and wanted to post this for those of you with limited space.

I only had about 35 width inches to work with in the laundry room off of the kitchen, and this unit is 33 inches.

I used the Danby 5.5 cu ft. model # 199050 from HHGreg on sale for around $150 at the time I purchased it a couple months ago.

This unit will fit 2 sixtels or 1 tall quarter.

I used a 2 x 6 collar, Perlick faucets, 12" double shank S/S drip tray, 3 1/2" shanks, primary double gauge, Johnson's temperature controller, and 8 ft. beer line. At the time of the picture I was using a small computer fan but I wasn't getting enough circulation so I picked up a 4" personal fan from Walmart for $4.00 and it is circulating very well.

Most of the parts above were from Micromatic and the magnetic cap catcher bottle opener was from XtremeBarware.com

Right now I have a sixtel of Killian's on tap and it is pouring great!

I will most likely run the drain hose out the wall and into the garage when I get a chance, right now I am just using a bucket underneath when in use.

Feel free to contact me if you are working on something similar, I would be happy to answer any questions the best I can or take measurements from the inside of the freezer etc.

Cheers!

Rich

Chainsaw--is there a reson you wouldn't just buy 14" shanks, tape some pipe insulation around them, and go directly from the collar and through the wall with the shanks? This would allow you to keep the tubing inside the keezer, negating the need for the glycogen cooling system.

I ask this because a friend of mine wants to do something similar with a fridge, and I'd like to just go through the wall with the shank.

i thought about doing this, but it would have involved my keezer being up really high in the air. #1 it would have been a major PITA to have to raise up full cornys that high, and #2 heighth of the closet cieling that the keezer is in wouldn't have allowed it anyways. i wanted my faucets to be "normal" heighth, like you just walk up to them and get a pull, and not have to bend down low.

Finally got around to taking a few pictures of the Kegerator. It is a MagicChef that my mother did not want. PVC tower with copper tubing to cool. Paintball CO2. Holds 2 cornies and 2 5L mini-kegs, One on tap and one storage. The top is coasters from mostly Maine and Alaska beers I like and a Rolling Rock in honor of my Gram.

DSCF5442.jpg

DSCF5439.jpg

DSCF5438.jpg

DSCF5440.jpg

DSCF5437.jpg

DSCF5441.jpg

Remembered I can post pics directly now, so again

Orangebrew, can you post specs on your upright freezer? I'm looking to do something just like this with 3 cornies and some shelf/door space for bottles. Also, what size CO2 tank have you got in there?

It is a kenmore, upright, frost-free freezer. I'm not at home so I can't measure it, but it is the same size as the full-size, side-by-side refrigerator it replaced. It will hold six cornies if you remove the shelves from the door. The CO2 tank is a standard 5 pounder. HTH

Here's my two. 6 taps total. On right is Kenmore keggerator with dual Perlick taps. On right is my brand new Frigidaire 7.2 cu. ft. keezer with 4 taps. Love the look of the keezer....can't say enough about this site and especially this thread for the ideas on the keggerator builds!!

Kegerators.jpg

[/QUOTE]
here's the bar.
DSC_0175.JPG

[/QUOTE]

Very cool bar top! That's exactly what I'd like to do for mine when I build one!

Quick question for those with CO2 tanks on the outside. Did you just stick the gas line through a hole in the collar, or is there a piece of hardware to keep everything sealed up? I want to avoid open gaps as much as possible to keep the heat out/cold in :rockin:

You can shove tubing through a tight fitting hole, or make a bulkhead, but running it though the hole should not be much concern for loss of temps.

Quick question for those with CO2 tanks on the outside. Did you just stick the gas line through a hole in the collar, or is there a piece of hardware to keep everything sealed up? I want to avoid open gaps as much as possible to keep the heat out/cold in :rockin:

I made a bulkhead through the collar. Also, its nice to have an on/off valve at this connection so you can disconnect the co2 without depressurizing the whole system.

I put a brass pipe through a fairly tight hole in the collar. I'm planning on putting a little caulk around the hole next time I have the caulk out. A shutoff valve on the regulator prevents the system from venting out pressure when I need to refill the bottle.

Cool, thanks guys. I'll already have check valves in the gas manifold, so I'll just check out putting in a bulkhead.

Taps installed. Picking up my nitrogen/co2 mix tank Monday. I am moving everything over and the tanks will be between the fridge and the wall. I still need to do something to make it look better, either graphics and/or a chalkboard on the freezer door.

keggeratornew.jpg

Back