Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my parts from Kegconnections :ban:

Not as impressive as others on here but I thought I'd post up anyways.....

FridgeOutside1.jpg

FridgeOutside2.jpg

InsideFridge.jpg

Just got my parts from Kegconnections :ban:

Not as impressive as others on here but I thought I'd post up anyways.....

I love the look of the old style fridges. And since you really don't open them a lot they aren't that bad on electric. I had and old GE late 50's that had turn style shelves when we bought the house and used it for bottled beer in the garage it died about 3 years ago and the new one maybe saves us 25-30 a years didn't see all that much in lower electric usage.But now with 3 kegerators going and a fermentation fridge the bill is up.

But some flames on her

That's why I like this fridge. It's really not big enough but, I love the doomed top/doors with the old meat locker type handles. Plus it was free and still stays cool.

Here is my kegerator. I just finished it yesterday and the kit is from kegglebrewing.com. It's got 4 taps, which will soon have new tap heads whenever my brother brings me some (he owns a restaurant), and a four body regulator so I can keep them all at their optimum pressure. The fridge is a 2 or 3 year old frigidaire and the paint is blackboard spray paint from home depot. I've never posted here so I don't know if there's a minimum amount of posts before you can upload pictures but here's my attempt at least and maybe someone can quote it to show the picture. Also, sorry for the poor quality, the only camera I have is on my phone.

4045389070_3008fe377e_o.jpg

Here is my kegerator. I just finished it yesterday and the kit is from kegglebrewing.com. It's got 4 taps, which will soon have new tap heads whenever my brother brings me some (he owns a restaurant), and a four body regulator so I can keep them all at their optimum pressure. The fridge is a 2 or 3 year old frigidaire and the paint is blackboard spray paint from home depot. I've never posted here so I don't know if there's a minimum amount of posts before you can upload pictures but here's my attempt at least and maybe someone can quote it to show the picture. Also, sorry for the poor quality, the only camera I have is on my phone.

there you go.

awesome idea re: blackboard paint. I might have to try this.

Finally, after all my trials and tribulations, I can post my finished project. It's modest, but I'm the only one of my group of friends that has one.
Man, I'm gonna put on weight with this just on the other side of the kitchen!
Easily one of the most fun projects I've ever done!

Kegerator1.jpg

Kegerator2.jpg

Kegerator3.jpg

I updated my kegerator and also made one for my friend. Mine is the 5 tap system and I still need to pull the wood back splash off and put another coat of poly on and remove stickers and clean the fridge. I just mounted it to check my hole placement. As for the panels mine is Cherry with a Oak plywood insert and the other is Oak with an Oak plywood insert. Both came out pretty well mine is not completely centered since I originally positioned my taps for a 4 tap system and now its a 5 tap but it works just fine.
photo-50.jpg

photo-49.jpg

Here's my Kegerator. I got this freezer for free, so I figured, I'd try to bend the middle shelf out of the way and if I broke it, no big deal. Bending worked, the position the shelf in is the natural straight route for those pipes so it worked out for me.

(larger pics here: http://www.ice8420.com/thumbnails.php?album=100)

It's my first, pieced together parts from Micromatic and voila, cold beer comes out. Temperature controller is a ranco.

Just started homebrew, with ciders. Right now I have to get the half-keg out of there so I can use it for cold crashing for a short while, then for dispensing later on :)

Here you can see how close the clearance is, I have to use low profile taps. Also you'll see the secondary regulators.

normal_P7310569.JPG

Drain

normal_P6110203.JPG

I had a problem with condensation on the top cooling area, and it dripping inside everywhere, so I made this little piece out of sheet metal and have had 0 problems since.

normal_topdriptray.jpg

The front

normal_P7310571.JPG

normal_P6110201.JPG

normal_P6110200.JPG

This was when I was getting the temperatures dialed in.. I forget what my settings are but it maintains perfect 38F liquid temperature throughout.

normal_P6110198.JPG

Here's my Kegerator. I got this freezer for free, so I figured, I'd try to bend the middle shelf out of the way and if I broke it, no big deal. Bending worked, the position the shelf in is the natural straight route for those pipes so it worked out for me.

(larger pics here: http://www.ice8420.com/thumbnails.php?album=100)

It's my first, pieced together parts from Micromatic and voila, cold beer comes out. Temperature controller is a ranco.

Just started homebrew, with ciders. Right now I have to get the half-keg out of there so I can use it for cold crashing for a short while, then for dispensing later on :)

Here you can see how close the clearance is, I have to use low profile taps. Also you'll see the secondary regulators.

normal_P7310569.JPG

Drain

normal_P6110203.JPG

I had a problem with condensation on the top cooling area, and it dripping inside everywhere, so I made this little piece out of sheet metal and have had 0 problems since.

normal_topdriptray.jpg

The front

normal_P7310571.JPG

normal_P6110201.JPG

normal_P6110200.JPG

This was when I was getting the temperatures dialed in.. I forget what my settings are but it maintains perfect 38F liquid temperature throughout.

normal_P6110198.JPG

And the clickless version! (they'll appear when you hit 25 posts)

I'll show some pics of the inside later, but here is my double tap keezer. Yes, I had to modify the tower for the second tap.

kegerator.jpg

Restatement Brewing Co is the name of my homebrew that I make with another law student. I got the custom tap handle as Bass Custom, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

SethGA
You will find the condensation will diminish when you open the door less, I know at first we all like to open the door and fiddle with things until they are just right. That's a great solution to your problem, though.
-Ben

Sky7,

I love that tap handle! I might need to look into getting something similar. Also, as a law student myself, I appreciate the name of your brewery.

And the clickless version! (they'll appear when you hit 25 posts)

Thanks for that! I was wondering what the threshold was for inline images.

SethGA
You will find the condensation will diminish when you open the door less, I know at first we all like to open the door and fiddle with things until they are just right. That's a great solution to your problem, though.
-Ben

Hi Ben, actually the condensation would happen no matter what. I've had the kegerator for maybe 4 years now, I am really good about keeping the door closed. I think the problem was the top coil would get cold enough to juuuust frost over, then when the ranco killed the power, it would defrost. It made the top coil get surface rust and drip everywhere. Now, the top part either stays frosted up or drips into the cup, no problems :)

Wow...I actually had to stop all movement because I needed my whole body to hate you with!

JK, nice setup...10 taps, all Perlicks, room enough for many kegs and a dead body.

That is a think of beauty. You should get those hinges that allow the doors to swing open then tuck back into them selves or close back flat against the sides. :)

. . . You should get those hinges that allow the doors to swing open then tuck back into them selves or close back flat against the sides.

Yeah, I thought about getting hinges that allow the doors to lift off, cause it would be impossible to get the hinges/tracks that slide the doors into the cabinet.

The doors open further than the previous pic, here's one with the bar section doors open all the way, like they were for the party. It opens pretty far.

IMG_4234_Medium_.JPG

I've been using the forum here for research for a while now and wanted to post here because this thread really advanced my hobby! I read all 100+ pages getting ideas on how to setup a kegerator and finally planned out mine with some extra cash I had. It's changed a little since then and I have some tweaking to do for sure. There's a nice little story about not being able to get the temperature below about 60°F AFTER I got the whole thing setup, but I'll save that for a troubleshooting thread.

Thanks for everyone who has shared their picture and posted in other threads as well!

So, here it is! (New Link)

https://sites.google.com/a/meiermedia.net/temporary-image-site/

Cheers!

Well Sunday arvo we knocked up the new collar for the chest freezer that replaced my old one that died. Still second time around its a piece of piss though with lessons learnt from the first.

Basically 4 sides of 19mm wood with smaller also 19mm thick batons running along the top and bottom inside to give a better surface area to stick it down and for the fridge seals to sit. The middle then gets plugged with polystyrene to insulate and its easy to cut it and wedge it in nice and tight. Gas line feeds thru from outside and so to the temp probe. The wire basket is perfect to mount the pc fan blowing cold air on the back of the tap shanks and hold my hops, candi sugar and stubbies of yeast sit on the compressor hump. A suction cup bathroom shelf serves as drip tray .

Its still going to get some more bling with some decals I have planned to work with the funky red collar . A fourth tap hole is plugged up ready and awaing a fourth tap. I'm pretty happy with end result. Upgrades will include a 5 valve manifold, more kegs (can fit two on the hump and maybe wheels. Going to be a hit this summer I think.

DSCF2809.jpg

DSCF2813.jpg

DSCF2815.jpg

DSCF2807.jpg

Back