Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked ths Fridge up for 10$ from a local Pharmacy...Dual Keg setup from Midwest with 5# Co2 $189...Shanks and Faucets from LHBS 70$...I have an old College Hockey stick from about 20y ago when they were still wood and Im going to cut down 2 sections for Tap Handles. Then tape them up like I used to and write the name of brew on tape so I will be able to cover them up with each brew...Hopefully if I put the gas on the outside I can get another keg in there...

IMG00047-20090820-1541.jpg

6456_1129365787410_1025179138_30388806_1226753_n.jpg

I just finished my dual hinge keezer.
I pretty much stole everyone's ideas... so thanks guys!

Keezer1.jpg

My first post. I look forward to becoming a regular on this great site!

Cheers

DSCN3096.jpg

DSCN3105.jpg

DSCN3104.jpg

Sidenote: I'm not sure why these pictures didn't post correctly. I used IMG tags. Help, anyone?

I just had my freezer skinned in stainless, it turned out nice. I'm switching to shift knobs for tap handles for the low profile since I moved it inside under this cabinet. 25 gallons of homebrew went through this last night:
10 gallons of the cream of 3 crops, 5 of a wheat, 5 of oatmeal stout, and 5 of an imperial red
-cheers-
IMG_08851.jpg

Nice! Did you do that yourself or have a pro do it? Do you mind my asking how much that set you back (just skinning it in SS, I mean)?

Rick500
I paid about $160 for the materials and the labor was a gift. Raphael does stainless work for a living, mostly commercial kitchen stuff. Here is a pic in action after floating a few kegs.
IMG_35521.jpg

:drunk:It sounds crazy but they have a coating you can paint on appliances now.

Video: Thomas' Liquid Stainless Steel

Thomas’ Liquid Stainless Steel - Homepage

That may be true but this freezer, like many, has a texture. This job used ss panels cut and shaped to fit. The top was heavier gauge than the sides and has welded front corners. It fit like a glove. The side was a panel with 2 folds. Then a trim piece was cut from L channel to cover the top seam. I plan on adding a handle to the front side of the lid. One challenge we had is that the sides of this whirlpool are swollen, making the corners not fit quite right, which made the trim piece necessary. I've picked up 2 more shift knobs and just need two more to complete it. I would not mind a second stout faucet as well so I could serve a nitro pale ale.

I don't have a Kegerator yet...

But these are some cool ones that I saw on the net.

kegerator4.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

kegerator3.jpg

2152031639_d134879cb3.jpg

beerrobot-kegerator.jpg

gamerator.jpg

...I guess I can't post pics yet. :(

Back