Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This all started with a dream, and an empty/unfinished closet in my man cave.:D

DSCN1872.jpg

DSCN1874.jpg

DSCN1876.jpg

Wildwest
Nice job!
I want to do the same thing with taps in the kitchen, but I'm not sure I want to cut up my nice stainless backsplash or cut up my exterior wall.
-Ben

Wildwest
Nice job!
I want to do the same thing with taps in the kitchen, but I'm not sure I want to cut up my nice stainless backsplash or cut up my exterior wall.
-Ben

The only thing nicer than stainless backsplash, is stainless backsplash with taps sticking out of it!:D

I live in n apartment, and the kitchen was OLD (talking ugly green here)... FLASHING! A little late for you, but for the price, it's held up great, easy to clean, and really helps with the halogen under cabinet lights I put in.

Sorry for the :off: I just wanted to share a cheaper alternative...

Just finished up the install last night.

The top is 3/4" birch. Sides are pine. It's got 2 coats of stain and 2 coats of Spar Urethane on top to protect from spillage.

The chest freezer has a refridgerator thermostat installed which works well for keeping things at 40F inside. I've got it set up to have 3 on my CO2 and 2 taps on top as you can see.

On to the pics:

IMG_0646_rsz.JPG

IMG_0649_rsz.JPG

Chocolate porter and IPA
IMG_0651_rsz.JPG

-Mike

The top is 3/4" birch. Sides are pine. It's got 2 coats of stain and 2 coats of Spar Urethane on top to protect from spillage.

The chest freezer has a refridgerator thermostat installed which works well for keeping things at 40F inside. I've got it set up to have 3 on my CO2 and 2 taps on top as you can see.

On to the pics:

index.php

index.php

index.php

-Mike

No pics are showing up...sounds beautiful though! :D

On to the pics:

IMG_0646_rsz.JPG

IMG_0649_rsz.JPG

Chocolate porter and IPA
IMG_0651_rsz.JPG

-Mike
oh what a disappointing update to kegerator thread :( This thread is nothing without pics.

No, that works great...the ridonkulus is workin it! How many coats of poly did you put on top of the wood, looks really nice!

DakTruckie, How often do you go to the porstmouth brewery? (I live up the Street) AND I HAVE 2 Bottles of '09 KTG... :-D

I finally get to show off my big 10".....

!!!!

Collar, that is! (better pouring height and I need the exercise!)​

finally got it done!
holiday freezer with tiled top. Plan on holding a corny for me and a slim quarter of domestic for SWMBO she wont drink anything else......yet
building a tower cooler this weekend the tower is hinged for access to the internal workings holds a 5lb co2 on the hump with room for a growler if needed

020 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

026 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I just realized I haven't posted mine in here yet. I finished it a couple months ago and it's great, I still plan to spin some custom tap handles for it and haven't gotten around to mounting the drip trays yet...any suggestions?

Rain Gutter :D

Strong magnets... that way you can remove the drip tray and clean it.

I'm doing the same thing with steel L brackets and magnets.

Here is a picture of the new keezer. Finished it up today and got the taps (well 2 of them) flowing. It's not as pretty as some, but I'm proud of it.

IMGP3711.jpg

IMGP3712.jpg

Here is another pick with the HBT bling and drip tray added. Also built a cheesy wooden box to hold the CO2 tank and mount the controller. My daughter is an artist, and drew on the wood while it was sitting in the garage.

IMGP3719.JPG

Haier kegerator with stainless tower/fittings and perlick faucets. I managed to fit three secondary regulators and a 5# tank in the unit.

beer2.jpg

beer7.jpg

I love the Manniken Pis tap handle!! :ban:

Did you buy it that way or convert a trinket?? Either way, :tank:

It's a solid bronze statue I found on ebay for $8. I cut a cheap plastic tap handle to length and epoxied it in the hollow base. For being so small, it's actually quite heavy. :cross:

Wow!!! Holy Stainless!!! How did you build that top?????

LOL... It actually came that way. It is a Beverage-Air kegerator. The only thing I did was paint it black (it was brown) and add the hockey puck tap handle. :rockin:

haha I didn't even think about that... I was going to make some wood ones on a lathe, but I found out we don't have one at work so I figured this would look cool.

Here's mine

Before

freezer1.jpg

After a grip of sanding and priming and sanding. two more taps to be added soon

P2044680.jpg

She fits 8 cornies now with the lid recessed

modifiedlid-1.jpg

And my first kegerator that will one day maybe move into the house... If I'm lucky.

kegerator1.jpg

Might as well update my pics with it all done.

I've got thick insulation on the inside of the collar now, a fan blowing the cold air up to the collar, third tap installed, some fabric(terry towelling) and my white board with beer info. I made my BurBs BeeR logo by cutting polystyrene into the letter shapes and putting magnets on the back of them so they can be moved or taken off easily.

party1.jpg

Just the normal micromatic/brumby chrome plated brass taps with spouts on them as well. I've got room for 4 kegs but no fourth tap yet and it has to be on the left hand side due to the 4th keg sitting on the compressor shelf restricting the shank sticking inside the keezer room wise.

Back