Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my retro kegerater just about finished ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391268730.137372.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Still got a few things I'd like to do to it but I'm happy so far ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391289940.489579.jpg

1622635_817479401610917_1353250351_n.jpg

a work in progress... went from a 5cu ft to this 7 cu ft and added a box-out, another tap (all perlick 525's) and just need to finish my 2 handmade tap handles. cut in the temp controller today. may paint it black.

Upgraded to a 5 keg setup in my upright. Still need to put the 4th and 5th taps in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1391495317909.jpg

1391495341001.jpg

1391495362730.jpg

made some tap handles and a frame for the drip trays to sit in (needs to be painted).

and i will paint the beer name tags with chaulkboard paint...so I can ID the beer on tap

file.php

file.php

file.php

Picture of the first pour...and I also added 2 taps to my beer fridge

file.php

file.php

Finally getting around to posting my finished project. Just another little 2 tap conversion, but I'm pretty happy with it. Added a temp control unit because I wasn't happy with how the factory control was working.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391638707.470744.jpg

1622801_819735308051993_836783963_n.jpg

yesterday i added a yeast vial tap handle. basically, i cut off 1/2 inch from a factory black tap handle and glue-gunned it into the vial, then added glue to the lid and threads after drilling a 3/8 hole into the lid. grains are special B, light munich, and chocolate. got the idea from here, HBT. :)

Nice job. I'm diggin the sticker. Did you make it?

Yes I did, thanks. I've made a few smaller versions for growler labels as well. The "two chairs" is a reference to the Muskoka chairs in our front yard that my wife and I have our evening beers in when the weather is much warmer than it has been.

Almost done with the Arkansas Razorback Kegerator. Just waiting on the conversion kit.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391985115.292701.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391985135.561719.jpg

It's been a long time coming, and I'm excited to finally post this!

All of the woodworking skill can be attributed to a buddy of mine, and of course, thank you Jester for the inspiration for this shameless rip off :)

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IPA...it's a bit cloudy because I moved the keg today, but full of delicious simcoe, amarillo and citra :ban:

Very nice, I looks at some of these and one quesiton comes to mind.

How do you change the empty kegs ? How many kegs you can fit inside ?

Can you give me some dimensions too ?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Answers will vary from one example to another but on a keezer to change a keg you simply lift the lid. Some folks use collars (usually attached to chest but sometimes attached to lid) and others use coffins which usually have a surface that is permanently attached to the lid or even replaces the lid.

Volume and model of freezer determines how many and what type of kegs it will hold, also depends on the co2 tank being inside or outside.

External dimensions are all over the place as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Home Brew mobile app

Some finished pics of the Razorback Kegerator. She's headed to her new home in Pine Bluff, Ar.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392162556.888219.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392162577.539258.jpg

It's been a long time coming, and I'm excited to finally post this!

All of the woodworking skill can be attributed to a buddy of mine, and of course, thank you Jester for the inspiration for this shameless rip off :)

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IPA...it's a bit cloudy because I moved the keg today, but full of delicious simcoe, amarillo and citra :ban:

I'm very happy with my commercial bought kegerator, but DAMN... THAT IS SPECTACURLARLY NICE.

Scored a working beverage air with crappy faucet and tower with 2 co2 tanks and reg for $250. Then found a "t" tower for $75 with bad faucets but good shanks and stanless. So I ordered some perlick 525ss faucets and all the tubing from Adventures in homebrewing. After selling 1 of the co2 tanks, I have under $500 into it. Still debating what to paint it, I'm thinking a hammered metal finish.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392440806.523842.jpg

Thanks!

Very nice! Did you build a frame around the freezer and just put the freezer in or is the "box" attached to the freezer? If it is attached, how did you do it?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392693375.594156.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1392693390.335217.jpg

This is my third one. I'll have to find picks of my first one. It was a 1953 GE.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Finally finished reading the thread. I must say, there are some great examples in here, and a lot of great info too!

Since my girlfriend bought me a single tap tower (with regulator) for Christmas, I will be converting my Haier mini fridge soon as I can buy a keg and CO2. Problem is, my fridge has a freezer shelf which contains the cooling lines, so ill likely be using a 2.5 gallon keg to start.

After that is built, ill be getting a free chest freezer (not sure exact size, but >10 cut.ft., compliments of the girlfriend's grandparents) that ill begin working on. Still not sure what style unwanted it to be. I thought looking around on here would help give me ideas but now I'm more uncertain than ever.

Thank you all for the ideas, the knowledge, and the community! Keep up the great work!

Finally finished reading the thread. I must say, there are some great examples in here, and a lot of great info too!

Since my girlfriend bought me a single tap tower (with regulator) for Christmas, I will be converting my Haier mini fridge soon as I can buy a keg and CO2. Problem is, my fridge has a freezer shelf which contains the cooling lines, so ill likely be using a 2.5 gallon keg to start.

After that is built, ill be getting a free chest freezer (not sure exact size, but >10 cut.ft., compliments of the girlfriend's grandparents) that ill begin working on. Still not sure what style unwanted it to be. I thought looking around on here would help give me ideas but now I'm more uncertain than ever.

Thank you all for the ideas, the knowledge, and the community! Keep up the great work!

Decide on how many taps you want then add two:D

It ain't pretty, but it's mine :)

Just installed the faucets and shanks tonight. Not hooked up to the keg yet. Have a blonde ale carbing and an Oatmeal Stout getting kegged this weekend.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392864259.317241.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392864293.204242.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392864326.687192.jpg

Roondy, I like that.

I see you're in Loveland. Been out to that area a few times, will be again soon. Missing The Big Beaver and the rest in the FC/Denver area.

Roondy, I like that.

I see you're in Loveland. Been out to that area a few times, will be again soon. Missing The Big Beaver and the rest in the FC/Denver area.

Big beaver has some good beers love the names!!! They just opened up a new nano in Loveland called Crow Hop you will have to check it out, they have an amazing red called Rado's Red.

Back