Show us your electric brewing rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA...have to crash this thread!

brewsystemstart.jpg

Yep, the wall plug is GFCI. Wouldn't do without, I promise. :)

(Had to post this as totally ghetto and what not to do, cause everyone else's are so neat and tidy.)

((But I did make a beer this weekend, so that means it's connected right and worked ok!!))

Latest incarnation using CFC for HERMS and post-boil cooling. Heating and bypass valves held over from previous design. Pulse meter and solenoid valve for accurate water dispensing is also nice. PLC control using a Siemens S7-200 controller and old OP-7 HMI.

Brewstand1.jpg

Brewstand2.jpg

Old thread, but I finally have a stand to complete my electric rig.
Built to expand to 10 Gal, with an additional pump and the HLT below the Mash Tun, I currently can do 5 gal Brutus 20 style with gravity taking place of the 2nd pump. The heat stick attaches to the side when packed away.

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8626.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8632.jpg

Alot of really nice builds.

DeeDub76 - very nice.

Like you and TheFlyingBeer, I am using a stainless steel table. I got mine from Costco a while back for something else and figured it would be cheaper than building a stand.

Looks like you used unistrut for the control panel. I am using that as well for mounting alot of the components.

Here are some shots of mine partially done. It's missing the HLT that goes on the left.

IMG00056-20110224-1839.jpg

IMG00055-20110224-1838.jpg

IMG00054-20110224-1838.jpg
nice control panel mount, I also love the vintage hp designjet plotter in the background... I used to service those for years... I still have one customer using one.

Nice mtbr_brewer! That's quite the before and after change!

Kal

Hey, thanks Kal!

Not quiet as impressive as your basement transformation! I loved the ascetics of your brewery, so I wanted a similar gray industrial look. I did all the renovation work myself to save money, and that alone took several weeks. I'm hoping my Christmas present will be a utility sink next to my brew stand, but it may be a little tight. Nonetheless, appreciate the detailed guide you created! The dream is to purchase one of your control panels at some point, but for the time being I will work with the budget Hosehead I picked up and focus on making great beer!

Is that carpet you put down? I went the other way myself after a few spills for easier cleanup.

The black portion in the photos is actually a large rubber mat from Lowes, it was marketed for oil changes for lawn mowers/ATVs. Underneath that is press and stick tile, I had hoped to epoxy the floor but was worried about adhesion with all the tile residue from the demo. Definitely have my fair share of spills, but the mat ensures it doesn't leak between the tiles and start lifting them.

Just got my eBIAB setup going. Right now it is in a garage and carrying everything up and down from the basement is a pain. Hope to someday be able to run this all indoors. Currently have a cheap controller, no bells and whistles here. I am sure I will build upon it over time.

Move to the basement as soon as you can. Best brewing move I ever made. Consistent weather in the basement, and not having to mule all your equipment, ingredients, and finished beer made brewing pleasurable rather than hard work [emoji29]

We just bought a new house and it has a 1200 ft unfinished basement. Don't close for 2 months but my wife gave me the green light to move the brewery to the basement.

I was showing her pics of Kal's electric brewery build and her comment was " That's F$&@ing cool". So obviously I married the right girl!

Move to the basement asii soon as you can. Best brewing move I ever made. Consistent weather in the basement, and not having to mule all your equipment, ingredients, and finished beer made brewing pleasurable rather than hard work [emoji29]

I have everything for plumbed in the basement (drain lines). I already finished 600sq ft of my 1200 Sq ft basement. I am trying to figure out how to create a 3/4 bath and brew room (side by side). But I just spent $500 this year on brew equipment. Wife is not enthused by that.

Some older photos and newer. Started with those little tan pumps. Changed to keg king ones now and added recycled ss bench. Kal clone but I ran all the wiring within the frame of my brew stand. Didn't like cables everywhere. Pots and pumps plug into sockets below the bench. Also no ammeter or voltmeter couldn't see the need. Whole brewstand has a 5m lead on it so I can move it around.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497372034.790776.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497372055.519813.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497372083.425755.jpg

Thought I should do this properly instead of at 5am on my phone waiting for a 2 year old to go back to sleep.

Started about as 18 months ago when I had the misfortune to come across Kals Electric Brewery site. Massive thanks Kal. I've made a few mods i hope he will understand!

I went for a mobile brewery so I can store it in the out of the way when not in use. I installed a 32A 230V socket and have a 32A 5m lead and plug on the whole brewstand.

I did away with the plugs and sockets on the controller and hardwired the whole thing thru the stand. There are sockets mounted on trunking below the bench for the pumps and the elements.

Some of the photos are older and show it when I was using those little tan pumps. These worked well for a while but I found they gummed up on the wort side when sparging. They would overheat and just stop. They would work again when they we cooled down and cleaned.

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

Back