Show us your bottled wine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled my first batch a little over a week ago. Messed up the directions in the kit but still seemed to come out good if not correct.

ForumRunner_20130808_224656.jpg

Photos are of our wine cellar we had dug this spring.
Photos were taken a few months ago and there is more bottles in the cellar now.
Just yesterday we combined shelves to make more room for more bottles that will be going in the cellar soon.

wine.east.jpg

wine.north.jpg

wine.west.jpg

Just yesterday we combined shelves to make more room for more bottles that will be going in the cellar soon.

Looks great! Whats your storrage capacity?

*googles your location to my location*

Okay, why aren't we all friends? :D That is beautiful.

Not technically "dust". The wine cellar we had dug was flawed and we could not get it below 75 degrees this past summer so we had to add an air conditioner. Due to the way it was constructed it meant drilling through core filled concrete blocks, thus the dust on the bottles. It was from the cement dust.
The oldest wine is over two years old.
The energy efficient air conditioner had to be placed in the steel door. It keeps the cellar at 60 to 62 degrees. There was no change in the electric bill.
Of course it now looks different. Vines were planted on top and grass and a few trees near the front and sides.
There are 5 shelves that will hold 168 bottles each and room for 3 more shelves comfortably, maybe more shelves if we don't use just the walls for placing the racks.

cellar.14 (2).jpg

air.1.jpg

Hello where are you in NC? Always looking to hook up with vintners and doing some trades.
We don't make grape wine, only fruit wines and we have every fruit wine imaginable with many variations of the same fruit.

Just bottled and put away a Merlot batch..nothing much to photograph. I corked and put the shrink capsules on them, put them back in their cases, covered them with plastic and put them in my crawlspace amongst the darkness and the scary spiders. Only the pure and brave of heart can sample my Merlot.

Not really in a bottle, but I enjoyed my first glass of a 1 gallon test batch of Apple wine I made from concentrate back in April. Had a very hot/strong alcohol flavor for a while. It's now perfect :mug:

applewine11-12-13_zps3c07ac6d.jpg

Not sure how you all take such nice pictures, but my phone did this:
strawberry.jpg
and
StrawberryWineGlass.jpg

My first two batches ever bottled... Blackberry merlot on left and strawberry on the right.

I have 5 gallons apfelwein and 5 gallons of a different apple recipe in the carboys right now. Hopefully turn out decent!

image-766549834.jpg

And here is the finished product.
Gave out half of them today and they are being very well received.

100MEDIA$IMAG04091.jpg

My peach wine that was just bottled

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Back