Should my Mr. Beer stay in the primary longer than 7 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerDog

Reaction score
I went to a website that someone here recomended and it said that I should let my Brew sit in my primary (if thats what you want to call it, the mr.beer keg, not my idea) for more than 7 days.

Should I let it sit longer than 7 days?

I got a Mr Beer for christmas and after 7 days the basic recipe that came with the kit was still cloudy. After about 8-9 days it cleared ALOT.

I am still an extreme neophyte, but the folks on this forum are tremendously helpful and instructed me to ignore the Mr Beer guidelines. Wait until the sediment is settlled on the bottom of the keg and it is fairly clear.

Mr. Beer Keg is now not cloudy at day 5, and about half an inch of sediment on the bottom. Still planning on going longer than 7 days if needed. what do you think?

When I was doing single stage fermentation, I waited between 11-18 days before bottling, and every beer came out fine. You should be fine waiting another week if you want.

Sorry for the stupid question, but how can you see if the beer is still cloudy....the Mr.beer keg is pretty dark....or do you pour some out from the tap?

I fermented my Mr Beer keg in the closet. I used a flashlight against it to see the clarity, and if there is any activity still going on.

Give it 14 days in the keg, then 14 days in the bottles, 14 days or more to lager.

The longer you wait the better. What you want to look for is a good layer of material at the bottom of the fermenter. Leave it as long as you can resist.

There's plenty of other MR. Beer threads on here with loads of info and advice.

Latest posts

Back