Should I refrigerate after 2 weeks bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve brous

Reaction score
I've been brewing for several years and have noticed that the flavor of my beers change from 1 day or week to the next.

for instance i brewed a raspberry kolsch, stuck 2 in the fridge just 2 days shy of the 2 weeks after bottling. I bottled after 4 weeks so just shy of 6 weeks over all. it was perfect carbonation and tasted good. i put some in the fridge today and after being in there a few hours my daughter and i tasted it. carbonation was high and had a strong off taste, she said it was like mustard, to me it was just off so much you couldn't even taste the raspberry. should i let them sit in the fridge, or take them out and set for a couple weeks? and at what point is the flavor consistent.

I don't brew any fruit beer, but since nobody seems to have an answer, I'll offer my thoughts. Since it tastes really off and it has high carbonation, I'm thinking possible infection. I'd suggest being really careful with these bottles in case they start exploding. I hope I'm wrong.

Back